Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

The oldest woman on earth

The oldest woman on earth was from the south of France and lived to be 122, despite being a lifelong smoker (apparently she tried to quit for a few months - at the age of 117!)

When asked what her secret was, she said 'two tablespoons of olive oil every night before bed.'

Sounds like a mini liver flush to anyone?

Guest Akira

ha ha, yeah, i dont spose you actually thought i meant she was made of jam or something, lol

Both of my grandparents are over 90 in age. They lived in a time where they struggled to feed themselves, not to mention the luxuries of olive oil. My grand-dad is overweight, and loves meat, but he never had any cardiac problems.

I think she's just a lucky woman, who just happens to take a good deal of olive oil in her diet.

Theres supposed to be powerful antioxidant properties in olives, even moreso than in vitamin C. It contains Hydroxytyrosol which is the natural polyphenol with the highest level of free radical scavenging activity ever reported in any antioxidant compound. Good for

Cardiovascular wellness

Colon

Skin Health

Breast Health and Immune functions

:cool:

I heard there are 2 places in the world that have the highest living age. Okinawa, JAPAN and Sardinia, ITALY :) Maybe it's their sea diet.

I just wanna point out that there are more than 500 people in the United States each year that make it to age 100, and when asked what there secret is, they often say:

1 - Beer

2 - Ciggarettes

3 - Wine

4 - Sex

5 - Arguing w/so

6 - Bacon

7 - ETC

These answers suggest to me:

1 - They have no idea

2 - They're lucky as hell

3 - They have longevity in their family line somewhere

4 - It's something we can't speculate on or test, science isn't to point of accurately explaining it yet.

5 - ETC.

I just wanna point out that there are more than 500 people in the United States each year that make it to age 100, and when asked what there secret is, they often say:

1 - Beer

2 - Ciggarettes

3 - Wine

4 - Sex

5 - Arguing w/so

6 - Bacon

7 - ETC

These answers suggest to me:

1 - They have no idea

2 - They're lucky as hell

3 - They have longevity in their family line somewhere

4 - It's something we can't speculate on or test, science isn't to point of accurately explaining it yet.

5 - ETC.

That reminds me of something that Lewis Black said in one of his stand-up specials:

"So it's clear that we know nothing about health. And here's the greatest example. Not long ago, the oldest man in New York died. He was 115 years old. Do you know what he ate? At age 90, he narrowed his diet down to bread fried in back fat and two gallons of Thunderbird wine every week. When people asked him why he didn't use bacon to fry the bread, he said that bacon was too lean! TOO LEAN! And he lived for another 25 years! If he went to a doctor about his health, the doctor would have said, "What the hell are you doing? You need to be on a diet of fruit and vegetables and lower fats" And if he went to the doctor, of course, he would have listened to him, AND HE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD WITHIN A WEEK!!!" (I think that is a slight misquote, but close enough)

I've always wondered if that was a true story.

I have one more thought, well, theory actually.

When it comes to acne and health in general we hear a lot about eating right for your:

Blood type, metabolic type, digestive type, etc etc etc.

I think that the key to a specific individual living a long, and health problem free life is eating the foods that your particular body wants and needs. So it would seem that some poeple somehow (luck, accident) have discovered (or tailored their bodies to) exactly what their body needs to feel good and remain healthy, and the rest of us, well, haven't.

So in theory it's just a matter of finding what your body likes/needs and eating those foods forever.

..........or also it could be that some peoples' bodies developed the ability to handle pretty much anything it was given, be it through assimilation or elimintaion. This would kinda be the opposit of my above theory though.

Some of the replies on this thread are ridiculous.

Saying that smoking or eating huge quanties of fat, or even drinking are healthy is RETARDED.

If someone drank, smoked and ate a pound of bacon everyday and lived to 120 THEN they would have lived to 140 without that stuff.

They just have good genes. We know that these practices are not good for health.

xxbomb, WTF man, seriously what's wrong with you.

We aren't saying those things are healthy for you. I sure didn't say it. I was just stating a general fact about responses old age people give for living a long ass time. You have absolutely zero proof that someone who ate those things and lived to 120 would have lived to 140 without them. It is a possibility that those things are in fact what halped enable them to live as long as they did, as is often stated (no one, even scientists, have concrete proof).

Also the statement :they just have good genes" , is something poeple who don't know what they are talking about say a lot. Example:

Oh jeez I must have acne because I eat candy, but my friend Jason eats candy too and he's perfectly clear. He must just have good genes, and I don't. Oh shucks jee golly gosh darn.

The point is while genes play a large part in our developement, they most likely do not directly cause acne.

Genes are short pieces of the DNA found in chromosomes which determine individual characteristics, and you can bet that one of the instruction sets in your genes does not say "Make acne, here's how and when".

Acne is a symptom, as most studies have proven.

Now if you want to debate the prevalence of a person being acne prone, that's a more logical and fact based topic.