Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've made my first appointment to see a derm on Monday about my damned red marks and shallow scars. Ive gotten clear-no more breakouts. However, since this is my first time going to a derm, Im not sure what my options will be. I have redmarks on my cheeks and forehead from breakout and a few shallow scars in the same areas. Pretty minor stuff, but it isnt pretty to look at and I really want to end my battle with acne. Anyone been to a derm for redmarks and little scars and know what my options are? What are the most effective treatments?

Thanks.

Guest Marino

I wouldn't honestly go to a derm for red marks, this is just my experiance though, don't want to generalize derms.

I went to 2 of them, and they wasted my money and time by just saying "give it 6 months" "give a year" it will go away on its own.

This was somewhat true to some extent for alot of people, but i feel there are alot of us who need something more invasive for red marks.

I would recomend you check out some skin clinic/cosmetic-plastic surgery centres. They are more 'business' orientated and wont just tell you to give it time.

The bad side is they may recomend products/treatments which do absolutley nothing.

How much money are you willing to spend for your red marks? this can get pretty expensive.

Well, that sounds promising. Im not made of money, but Im no hobo either so Id be willing to spend a decent sum. Nothing outrageous, though.

Seeing that I already have an appointment scheduled I think Ill see what the derm says, maybe he has something to say about my acne or blackheads or whatever, even though Im not too concerned about them. I just wish these damned marks could go away.

Oh yeah, thanks to those who replied. Insightful answers on derms.

Guest nec77

Im gonna ask mine about my red marks.. Im just gonna tell her that i've had the marks for a few years, and want to know if I should get a laser, peel, or use bleaching creams... She better not tell me to just wait lol

Guest nec77

ok. havent scheduled an appointment yet.

Im going to ask my derm in less than an hour to see if I can get a peel or something. Ill tell you what mine says.

: P

Good luckand good day!