Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knownasmichael

yes! back on accutane for second time... even after b5 cleared me

ok....so last year i was on accutane from january until may/june. Then I was acne free and clear until december of 2005. Around January of this year I broke out so badly! I swear I fell into a depression and all and didnt know what to do. So I went to my doctor and she refered me to a derm but my appointment wasnt until march 23rd which just passed. I was desperate and luckily I found information on here about B5 and so I started taking about 5 mg of B5, fish oil pills, and multi vitamin pills...then after a month and a half my acne went away!! So my face is clear right now thanks to the b5, fish oil, and multi vit supplements that I was taking but I dunno if its a temp thing and so I asked my derm doctor to prescribe me accutane and she did!!! I just started taking accutane again and Im so happy and yet dissapointed because I feel like the B5 thing really does work and maybe accutane isnt necessary. But im not taking chances...what do you guys think? Should I just continue taking the supplements I was taking and add accutane to it or should I eliminate one or the other?

hi pal i'm not long off my accutane course and i'm taking B5 to keep acne away even tho i prob dont need to but its not harmful so hey! i'm going to play it by ear but if my acne comes bak i hope i will be allowed a 2nd course too

thanks eveyrone for your replies. yeah...im just gonna take accutane again since its only gonna be 40 mg. And on top of that... Im going to spain in august and i dont wanna take any chances with my acne coming back incase the b5 stops working. But yeah...b5 = vitamin b5 (or panthothenic acid) for the person that asked.