Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Illegal Life

What the hell could be wrong with my diet?

I only get acne on my forehead and I always hear it's related to diet/weak liver. Well I already eat like the healthiest out of anyone ever... I avoid bread aside from Kashi Cereal and Kashi Granola bars, I eat carrots, broccoli, onions, green peppers almost everyday.. I dont eat red meat and only eat chicken, turkey and fish as meats...I drink lemon water everyday...I avoid dairy and drink soy milk....When I drink tea I make sure it's decaffeinated..Take a multivitamin everyday..I workout 5 days a week...(which I was thinking of quitting because of my skin..)

Basically I have the perfect diet almost. I havent eaten any junk food in over a year in a half and I wont because Im that paranoid about my skin....

I have mild but very persistent acne ONLY on my forehead...What could I possibly change about my diet to help my skin?

Well, you might want to reconsider soya milk as a healthy option. There is growing evidence that it causes more harm than good, and certainly my brief experience with it left me certain that it had a definate dark side - anything that knocks your menstrual cycle so far outta whack can't be a good thing, and believe me, mine got pretty damn wierd :confused: . This is because it contains high levels of phytoeostrogens which can have an adverse effect on you regardless of your gender - it has been estimated that 100g of soy protein is equivalent to taking one dose of the birth control pill - and they are feeding this stuff to babies in formula! It also contains trypsin inhibitors and haemagluttinin which are growth inhibitors, goitrogens which are substances that depress thyroid function (and the thyroid is a major gland in the body which controls a host of hormonal processes so is kinda important to have it in good working order!), and also soya bean hulls are high in phytic acid, a substance which blocks the uptake of essential nutrients. They try to get these antinutrients out during the processing of the finished product, but this is'nt exactly a pretty picture in itself with industrial processes involving alkali and acid washing and god knows what else. Even with all these hard-core processes, they are unable to get all the anti-nutreints out, and the phyto-eostrogen content remains the same. Plus, illegal growth of soya crops is killing the rain forest in S. America - that was my final straw with soya, just could'nt justify drinkin it after I heard that, and then I found out about the health side of it and put 2 and 2 together with my whacked out cycle. Its jus not natural. The only way to eat it is through fermentation as in the way they make tofu and soya sauce, which kills off most of the anti-nutrients, and even then only in small quantities. Look into almond milk....Apart from that your diet does look healthy - have you considered doing a colon cleanse?

colon cleanse and liver flush...

Yep. Liver flushing and liver herbs should cure it.

http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=37

Are you avoiding trans fats (hydrogenated oils) and getting healthy fats?

And yeah, soy milk sucks. I wouldn't say it's causing/contributing to your acne necessarily, but it's just not healthy. http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

And the multivitamin probably isn't doing you any good. You can't absorb much from those little pills and they stress your kidneys and liver.

colon cleanse and liver flush...

Yep. Liver flushing and liver herbs should cure it.

http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=37

Are you avoiding trans fats (hydrogenated oils) and getting healthy fats?

And yeah, soy milk sucks. I wouldn't say it's causing/contributing to your acne necessarily, but it's just not healthy. http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

And the multivitamin probably isn't doing you any good. You can't absorb much from those little pills and they stress your kidneys and liver.

Yeah I avoid trans fats and high fructose corn syrups (I do nothing but read labels..) And Im male so soy milk aint exactly affecting my menstrual cycle or anything ;o

How do I go about starting one of these liver flushes/herbs? I eat garlic and drink lemon water al the time I heard their good for the liver...I just dont see how my liver is weak as hell :(

There's a lot about your diet that could be improved.

Make sure the only thing you ever eat are whole foods. That means nothing that has been processed by man. That means no tea, no soy milk, no granola bars, no cereal. Imagine what you would eat if you were a hunter-gatherer living outside of civilization. That means you mainly eat meats, vegetables, nuts and seeds and fruits.

If that doesn't clear you up, look into:

1. Your sleep cycle. Do you sleep 7-9 hours a day? Do you sleep when the sun goes down and wake up when the sun comes up?

2. Food quality. Do you eat all organic foods?

3. Look into Metabolic Typing to see what kind of foods are best for your body's unique metabolism.

eat evoo or coconut oil and/or nut and seeds with your salads Vit A is fat soluble.... eggs with salad would be a good choice as well

I had this same issue a while ago...except I had large pores and oily skin. The problem is, for me at least, is that you probably have a mild candida infection. If your gut is too porous, dubbed leaky gut syndrome, then nothing you eat will really fix the problem. Since food particles are released into the bloodstream undigested, your immune system treats them as foreign. This causes an overload on the liver, and instead of breaking down hormones it breaks down toxins (if your liver concentrated on hormones first and toxins 2nd, you'd be very ill) mainly as a matter of survival.

You can eat healthy all you want, but you have to get to the root of the problem first. A healthy diet usually just maintains what you have. But you are on the right track though, but I would suggest cutting out fruits and such and as many carbs as you can while keeping your fiber intake high.

Try reading the candida diet topic for more information (candida=acne).

soy and fish has iodine in it, which causes acne. Diet is a tricky thing. You gotta go food by food, to find which specific one causes acne for you. I'm allergic to lemon for example, and it breaks me out. A multivitamin with iodine also broke me out.

a vegetarian diet in most cases would be missing out in important nutrients, such as zinc and selenium.

Maybe you should incoorporate things such as peanuts (should be quite a good substitute for chicken) in your diet?

I'm against peanuts. Peanut butter breaks me out for sure.

I'm trying the "candida diet" now. Second day on it. Here are the rules:

YES:

• lots of water

• fiber capsules

• garlic

• broccoli

• fruit

• vegetables

• rice

• nuts and seeds

• olive oil

• green tea

• organic chicken

NO:

• processed food

• refined sugar

• dairy

• wheat

• gluten

• corn

• caffeine

• alcohol

• chocolate

• mushrooms

• vinegar

I've been eating asian food, and it's been great. Chicken, rice, vegetables, I feel full of energy, and skin is good so far.

here's where I got the information: http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/dietarythe...x_Diet_Plan.htm

Don't take anyone's word for it. Find sources of information for everything.

For the glycemic index theory, click the link in my sig.

I can say something like: "I've been eating lots of apples every day and it cleared my acne" but I wouldn't mention that I'm also using tons of BP and exercising. There are so many factors in everyone's life that I don't listen to anyone when it comes to diet, unless they have proof from a legitimate source.

mayb you should just accept the fact that your diet has nothing to do with your acne and stop listening to all the overly paranoid people on this board.. guess what? i eat wheat, gluten, corn, caffeine, and chocolate and dairy when i feel like it.. and it sure as hell doesnt affect my acne.

mayb you should just accept the fact that your diet has nothing to do with your acne and stop listening to all the overly paranoid people on this board.. guess what? i eat wheat, gluten, corn, caffeine, and chocolate and dairy when i feel like it.. and it sure as hell doesnt affect my acne.

So you're clear then? And you don't have to use any topicals, antibiotics, etc. to stay clear?