Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest booshleeka

bp

How can you say you will never be with anyone because of your acne? Maybe you dont have great skin but i'm sure you will meet someone who would look pass that and be with you for who you are not for how you look. Remember that your not the only person out there with acne. [-(

Guest fatman_uk

Tried Accutane?

If i had problems with scars, an ESPECIALLY on my body... i'd check it out.

-Gaz

girls are more forgiving when it comes to scarring on guys. don't be so hard on yourself. it's more acceptable for a guy to have scarring anyways as it adds a ruggedness girl don't mind. just be confident to the point of almost arrogant, admire other girls in front of her, then give her gifts, tell her how hot she is, then ignore her, you'll have her wrapped around your little finger. just kidding. all joking aside. ...self confidence is key. and take care of yourself. girls definitely like a guy who handles himself well and has stuff going for him.

hi steve,

dunno what i can recommend mate sorry. im sure that one day you'll meet someone you feel confident enough with to get intimate.

i have a girlfriend... we got together just after i had laser treatment about a month ago... i was looking very good then. i'm still looking ok i guess after using the regimen but not quite so great.

anyway... my main problem is i dont feel comfortable taking my shirt off. on my chest i have just red marks where i had acne. on my back i have maybe 5 spots ... something like that. im thinish but i have a bit of a tummy too! so basically im kind of scared to get too intimate although obviously id like that.

in reality i know it doesnt matter that much... just im insecure about it. guess everyone is insecure about something though.

good luck. try a dating website. might as well give it a go. do your hair nice, wear smart clothes, be a nice guy.... you'll meet someone soon i hope.

TIM

hi steve,

dunno what i can recommend mate sorry. im sure that one day you'll meet someone you feel confident enough with to get intimate.

i have a girlfriend... we got together just after i had laser treatment about a month ago... i was looking very good then. i'm still looking ok i guess after using the regimen but not quite so great.

anyway... my main problem is i dont feel comfortable taking my shirt off. on my chest i have just red marks where i had acne. on my back i have maybe 5 spots ... something like that. im thinish but i have a bit of a tummy too! so basically im kind of scared to get too intimate although obviously id like that.

in reality i know it doesnt matter that much... just im insecure about it. guess everyone is insecure about something though.

good luck. try a dating website. might as well give it a go. do your hair nice, wear smart clothes, be a nice guy.... you'll meet someone soon i hope.

TIM

I've had bad acne since the 7th grade-bad acne on my face, back, and chest. I'm 26 now and still have acne plus bad scarring.  I would of been a very good looking guy if it wasnt' for the acne.  Girls hit on me, but I don't let anything develop and intimacy is something that can NEVER happen.  I do not want for them to be shocked and disgusted after I take off my shirt.  I've never been in a relationship and  probably never will.  What's the point of life when there is nothing to look forward to?

Im the opposite.......I have the co workers and stuff hitting on me and i let them......most of them are teases...though I want one of them to evolve into something.

Theres one chick Im totally falling for though she has different tastes but she digs me, even the people who have the same tastes she doesnt give them the same attention like to me. Which is awesome....just shes playing hard to get.......basically hard to get her out with me alone....

im only 18.......and going to college soon......im bound to have a relationship again! Just go out alot more and meet new people.

1 out of every 10 girls you will meet will totally be a knockout. :D/

I've had bad acne since the 7th grade-bad acne on my face, back, and chest. I'm 26 now and still have acne plus bad scarring.  I would of been a very good looking guy if it wasnt' for the acne.  Girls hit on me, but I don't let anything develop and intimacy is something that can NEVER happen.  I do not want for them to be shocked and disgusted after I take off my shirt.  I've never been in a relationship and  probably never will.  What's the point of life when there is nothing to look forward to?

I can empathize with that completely. I've had acne for about 4 years now (I'm 20) but it has only been during the last year or so that I have really let it affect my confidence. I feel I've missed out on things because I've been scared to go out and sutff, because of what I look like.

I think I'd be good looking as well without it, and do get interest from some girls (although not the ones I like!!). But my point is, I don't feel I could ever be with someone at the moment because I don't love myself. Irrelevant of what others think of me, I cannot stand the way I look. I finished with my girlfriend about 5 months ago, and even then, I kept asking myself what she saw in me.

I was on the verge of being completely clear on my face, but now it has flared up again and doesn't help that I'm a compulsive picker. My back is also really bad and this also concerns me. I am unable to go on Roaccutane at the moment becuae I am going to be abroad for a few months in different countries, so obviously it isn't possible.

I really wanted to be clear for that, I just hate myself so much sometimes and I'm really sick of it. Oh God, why can't you make it better? :D

Same, I used to, still do, miss out on alot of social events, I've got better and try to go out atleast once a week, I'm forced to go out with having to work and T.A requirements which helps belive it or not, the more you can find that will to go out and do things the easier it'll become next time a girl or even a mate says "hey, wanna come out and do something?"

Hey man, thanks for posting this topic. Now, I know that there are people on this board in the same boat Im in. Like I stated before on this board, im 81, never had a gf, and never been hit on. Im not a bad looking guy by any means, but Im thinking I havent been hit on because of the way I view myself.

The truth is, noone is going to fall for you if you dont love yourself. Girls like confidence, almost to the point of being arrogant. ( to whoever stated it, its so true )

Just keep moving on.. There ARE girls out there who can look past the Acne and love you for what you really are. Who knows, you could find someone in the same situation you are in, and you guys could help each other. :D/

you`re 81 and never had a girlfriend? you are kidding me, why you worried about acne at your age?! were you in the war?

hey i get really pissed at having acne and these damn scars from accutane... i had mild acne then accutane stopped my skin from healing properly and made me look 1000 times worse...dont do that stuff, i shouldn`t say that, cause not everyone has a bad reaction like me... oh well

PS if you stay clean and smell good, someone`s gonna love ya! thats for whoever wants it :D

i discovered not having a girlfreind at my age doesnt matter and is not worth getting pissed off about, i bet girls and relationships can be more stressful at times so fuck it man.

you're not gonna be alone forever. There is more to people than whether their skin is clear or not. I had acne all throughout junior high and high school. I met a really great guy who had the world's most perfect skin. I swear, he never had ONE pimple. He didn't care that I had zits. I cared more than he did and I really hated myself at the time. I ended up pushing him away because of my low self-esteem due to my acne. I regret that now. So, there are people out there who dont' care what your skin looks like. It's you that notices it more than everyone else.