Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

STIEVAMYCIN with Minocyline

I've been Minocyline on the last 1-2 months, going for a full course, working okay, not too good so I went to a doc today, he gave me a cream to go with it, it's called STIEVAMYCIN, what have you guys experienced or what do you hear about it?

What does this even do? It contains Tretinioin 0.025% and Erythromycin 4%.

THANKS.

umm i was on tetracycline then my doc took me off it and gave me stievamycin to use alone just with spectrojel, no anti-biotics. i think this gel works really well, but it tends to dry out your face a lott in the areas you apply it on, so make sure when you rinse your face in the morning you take it off really good or apply a moisturizer, and since i wear coverup it looks more flakey. but otherwise it's a good gel it makes your face feel real tight and don't apply a lot.

Use it once a day at night. Only apply a peas sized amount for your entire face (this is really really important!) 30 min after you wash your skin (also really important!). This is a very powerful medication, that can cause severe irritation (think crusty, red skin) if not used correctly. If you start getting too much irritation start using it every second day until your skin adjusts. I have had fantastic results on my face with this medication, but it will probably make your skin worse for the first 6 weeks, and then slowly improve your skin. You have to give this medication at least 12 weeks to see improvement, and full improvement can take 6 months. The oral antibiotics you are on will help alot with the initial breakout in the firts 6 weeks.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.