Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaisyxPetals

Any Good Salicyclic Acid Products?

Hey,

I have clogged pores on my cheeks, forehead and chin and I have heard that SA (BHA) is good for clearing pores. Does anyone know any good products containing SA that are available in the UK?

Thank you :D

x Love Daisy x

I'd suggest Aveen Clear Complextion Foaming cleanser.

it has SA in it..I think 1.5% of it..I used it for a while, I didn't get any new zits.

Guest funky_monkey

Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting Night Gel Cream contains a BHA and contains rosemary and willowbark to help fade past blemishes. It's really good and is one of the very few moisturisers around which doesnt break me out. It's oil free. It was on 'buy one get one free' recently

MD Formulations 12% Glyolic Cleanser is really good and isnt drying (AHA).

I find dermalogica's medicated cleansing gel works wonders on spots. It contains salyclic acid but also soothing components to aid healing. You can only buy it via certain beauty salons or gyms or online (see www.dermalogica.com for local stockists).

Its a bit pricey - around £25 but its worth it.

Asprin apparantly contains SA so you can crush it, add a bit of water and make a mask. Seems to be helping me!

Oh you might have an intial break out..cause SA brings all the gunk from your pores and purges it. *I hated that* But, if you odn't have senstive skin, than go the SA products. Just don't be alarmed if you have a break out, it'll go away if you keep up with the product.

Keep us posted about your results :)

l'oreal's pure zone cleanser, toner and moisturiser have helped me so much though they are really drying so it might be unwise...

Ugh I tried them.. lets just put it this way my skin hated them- I think they were too harsh for me, I broke out with some really angry cysts from using that stuff.

try neutrogena clear pore line. i use the wash and the treatment gel on my nose and forehead area and i find it very successful