Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
k75

Questions about clogged pores, scars, and CSR!

I have been on Dan's CSR for about 2 weeks now, I've seen very small improvement but I will stick it out nonetheless.

My questions is what products helps un-clog pores, and FADES/GET RID OF acne scars? Are they over-the-counter or do I have to order them online?

I've looked through many threads on this forum and found out that maybe a moisturizer with AHA in it ( I have no idea what AHA is btw ) can help un-clog pores and reduce scarring? I also read that people recommend a cleanser with AHA in it, but I have found a cleanser I like and it doesn't dry me out and I feel squeaky clean after using it.

Question #2 : On the "do not do" list for acne prevention, it says "do not rub face in pillow," or something to that extent. Is it all right if I sleep sideways? With my cheeks on the pillows, or should I sleep straight on my back?

The only problems I have are the blackheads/clogged pores and acne scars I have had for months. If I could just get rid of these 2 problems I would be forever grateful. thanks.

You may want to see a dermatologist. I'm not the authority, but I've heard that Retin-A is much better for the conditions you've described than BP. BP is great for inflamed acne, but, in my experience, does very little for blackheads and clogged pores.

yea, if your main concern is clogged pores and scarring, then you might consider consulting with a dermatologist.

BP is fabulous for acne, but it doesn't sound like you have acne right now.

Well, I have acne, very mild ( I think ). I may be confusing the scars ( which are a light red color ) as acne. I do get the occasional pimples, especially around the mouth. But I have heard that a lotion that has AHA can un-clog pores and help with scars? Can anyone confirm this?

the sleeping question was a good one. is it better to sleep on your back, or can u sleep on one side without getting acne on your cheek?