Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prettybow

AROMALEIGH>>>Is it non acnegenic?

Hi, I ordered a full size container of the stuff cause I LOVED it after trying the samples, but I wanted to make sure that it wont cause me to break out...I didnt see anywhere that said"non-comedegenic" or that it wont cause acne, if anyone knows, please tell me so I can rest assured! ! Thanks!

Hi, I ordered a full size container of the stuff cause I LOVED it after trying the samples, but I wanted to make sure that it wont cause me to break out...I didnt see anywhere that said"non-comedegenic" or that it wont cause acne, if anyone knows, please tell me so I can rest assured! ! Thanks!

prettybow: Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. I also looked on their website and didn't see anything about it. You might want to email their customer service and ask them. Please let us know what you find out.

I use it, and it has showed absolutely no signs of causing/aggravating my acne. When I have something pore-clogging on my skin all day (these are of course liquid foundations branded with "non-comedogenic" which is why that term means nothing to me branded on a skin care product), the pre-existing spots will get larger and whiter (they seem to fill with pus) and new spots form. The only foundations I have ever used that didn't do this were: Neutrogena skin clearing foundation (which dried up into a spackle like mess within hours), Philosophy mineral makeup (which looked oily without extra powder over it), and Aromaleigh which is what I now use. If you go to the Aromaleigh forum, you'll find out that most of the people using it and recommending it have problem skin (acne, rosacea, etc). There are also lots of tips there as well.

I use AL too, have for about 7 months. While finding the right color match was a challenge. I think it's been worth it. It hasn't irritated my skin at all. (Everything seems to irritate my skin!)

I did read one woman who posted that she was alleric to zinc oxide. I did an internet search on that (to see if that could be my problem...I'm so desperate!) and found it to be very rare...but I guess that only thing you can't be allergic to is water, right??? Anyway, AL has two formulas. One with zinc oxide (pure cover) and one without (pure powder). Both work great as foundations. Pure Cover does conceal better. So, if you don't have any problems with zinc, might be worth a try!

Have a great day!

Ang