Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TommyGrlie321

just ended accutane yesterday..

I just ended accutane yesterday. kinda sad. idk where these 5 months went. my face got a lot better. still not great and with a lot of red marks. will the medicine really start kicking in now? and how long til i can take vitamins? any advice would help! xO <33

I just ended accutane yesterday. kinda sad. idk where these 5 months went. my face got a lot better. still not great and with a lot of red marks. will the medicine really start kicking in now? and how long til i can take vitamins? any advice would help! xO <33

yeah for me 6 months flew by

you have anymore active acne? did you schedule a followup 2 month visit with your derm? It leaves your body in a month then it's a wait and see

for now im just washing my face with lukewarm water nothing else

wouldnt it be smart to use a gentle cleanser just incase? or did ur doc tell u to do nothing

IM SO EXCITED!! in roughly 19.4 weeks (lol) i hope to have no active acne/oil anymore. The oil is almost as annoying as the acne it produces. Its nasty. Ive even had a couple people ask me why im sweating if i see them late at night. i wasnt even sewating, it was just the oil!!

wouldnt it be smart to use a gentle cleanser just incase? or did ur doc tell u to do nothing

IM SO EXCITED!! in roughly 19.4 weeks (lol) i hope to have no active acne/oil anymore. The oil is almost as annoying as the acne it produces. Its nasty. Ive even had a couple people ask me why im sweating if i see them late at night. i wasnt even sewating, it was just the oil!!

nah im going to just use nothing , he didn't really say to wash with anything anyway.......ill ask in april when my check up is

yeah the oil was annoying, like 1 hr after i got outta the shower i had to blot my face due to the oil yuck

nah im going to just use nothing , he didn't really say to wash with anything anyway.......ill ask in april when my check up is

yeah the oil was annoying, like 1 hr after i got outta the shower i had to blot my face due to the oil yuck

The oil is annoying. I feel bad sometimes too because I see other girls that have this matte look all day, as if they just applied their make-up and showered. I even had a child ask me what I rubbed all over my face. :( So embarrassing. So, I hope this helps out a lot. I also hope this doesn't go too far to the opposite effect and make me look like a dried up mummy once I'm finished with this medicine.

Lisa Gee- Sit back and enjoy your beautiful skin! Just keep using soft and mild soaps on your skin. =)

Well, my doctor put me on Tazorac and switched my BCP to Yasmin right after I got off 'tane. I've adjusted to using the Taz so far, but at first it dried my already dry face out a TON.

Now, five weeks after stopping, my face is great for the most part. The tone has evened up a lot (probably due to the Tazorac) and I have natural moisture, but I haven't gotten super oily again yet. I sincerely hope I never will!!!! The only downside to using topicals after 'tane--for me, anyway--is that I still need an SPF for my face. I'm allergic to most facial sunscreens, so I'm having to use foundation w/SPF in it to compensate. Kinda sucks, because towards the end of my course, I wasn't even wearing foundation anymore, but I really need it now. Tazorac makes your skin super sensitive to the sun, and it only took me a day or so to figure it out the hard way after using it for a bit.

Aside from the Taz and Yas, I just wash w/Purpose gel cleanser, which is super gentle, and still use the Cetaphil cream moisturizer in the mornings.

Whatever you do, I hope you have clear skin for a good, long time!