Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marvin

Living with Acne but have loads of confidence?

The million dollar question that everyone wants to know is "how do you do it"? :doh:

I know magicians are hard pressed to reveal their 'secrets' but this isn't magic we're talking

about here :dance:

I don't want to sound like a nay sayer because that would be wrong of me. :naughty:

Those of you who possess the magical ability to exude an unbreakable mystical aura

please help me out. What kinds of things should I ought to learn in order to become

better confidence wise?

I'm starting to think that my acne will haunt me until I die. This means unless I take some

immediate action I'll be doomed forever. I need that fuel to fire the inner depths of my soul

so I can fly like a bird. Is acne a barrier that can be torn down if enough desire and will

power? I just want to have the confidence to stare at myself in the mirror without feeling

like the devil has painted my face with a brush.

Advice from those confident ones would be like a gift from God.

Help me understand because I am very tired. I've been walking along

this dead end road but its just a damn desert. Pick me up and rejuvenate

the man who once enjoyed life. :pray:

- Marvin

Well, for me..

I read alot of self help books. I listened to Tony Robbins. I've seen tons of people with severe acne having beautiful women and success in life, so that was proof for me that it could be done. I dont think being confident and outgoing with acne is some "magical ability." Just like anything worth having in life, it has to be worked for.

Well, for me..

I read alot of self help books. I listened to Tony Robbins. I've seen tons of people with severe acne having beautiful women and success in life, so that was proof for me that it could be done. I dont think being confident and outgoing with acne is some "magical ability." Just like anything worth having in life, it has to be worked for.

You do know Tony Robbins is a scam artist right?

One of my friends bought his whole collection of self help tapes

and they were completely useless.

Marvin

ok...take it from me, i may have acne, and i would even date myself but so many of my firends who are girls are so fucking hot, io know i will never go out with them or have a chance, but i have a good sense of homour and thats why i have so many friends...do you have a sense of homour or a special quality?

ok...take it from me, i may have acne, and i would even date myself but so many of my firends who are girls are so fucking hot, io know i will never go out with them or have a chance, but i have a good sense of homour and thats why i have so many friends...do you have a sense of homour or a special quality?

If it weren't for this dispicable stuff on my face I could model for any fashion magazine honest to God.

I have many feature which people find extremely attractive. Lets just say if it weren't for my face being covered in all kinds of zits and such I could certainly have my choice of any girl at this site.

As conceited as this may sound its just the way it is. Only thing holding me back from the life of a superstar is well... you guessed it.. ACNE! Even my friends have said " If you didn't have acne you would be the next David Beckham" Pretty high praise but I guess I was just born with great genetics. Oh ya except for my biological strand of DNA that is responsible for clogging up my stupid pores. :wall:

Marvin

Yep, you're the perfect specimen, Marvin. You'd be perfect if it weren't for the fact that you're psychologically more unstable than a paraplegic on a unicycle.

*YAWWWWWWWWN*

Yep, you're the perfect specimen, Marvin. You'd be perfect if it weren't for the fact that you're psychologically more unstable than a paraplegic on a unicycle.

*YAWWWWWWWWN*

OMG, now that was funny!

*YAWWWWWWWWN*

:think: I don't think i'm a perfect specimen by any means. What I do mean is my looks would play a

vital role in achieving a more balanced life if I wasn't suffering from acne. Right now i'm a mess

I even have moments where I won't speak to my dog because I am afraid it judges me.

Can you really comprehend the magnitude of the situation I am facing? Once clear living comfortably

with a giddy joyfull exuberant feeling to a depressed state of paranoid, clausterphobic, look behind your back every 2 seconds kind of mentality. :doubt:

I have goals just like everyone else. My dream is to one day wake up on a hot summers eve and magically

be clear. That means no scars, whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, hyperpigmentation, lesions...

I'm on timeout with God right now. The time will come when I see that dream day come to fruition. I must be patient and pray everyday. I've learned you don't always get what you want in life so I am respectful

in that aspect. I will walk through the valley of the shadow of death look Lucifer in his eyes and reign down upon him with the force of a thousand nuclear bombs. I will be rewarded and my wish will be granted.

- Marvin

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're Jesus Christ and all. Walk on water and wine and all that jazz.

So skitter into my kitchen and pour me a glass, wontchya?

If it weren't for this dispicable stuff on my face I could model for any fashion magazine honest to God.

I have many feature which people find extremely attractive. Lets just say if it weren't for my face being covered in all kinds of zits and such I could certainly have my choice of any girl at this site.

As conceited as this may sound its just the way it is. Only thing holding me back from the life of a superstar is well... you guessed it.. ACNE! Even my friends have said " If you didn't have acne you would be the next David Beckham" Pretty high praise but I guess I was just born with great genetics. Oh ya except for my biological strand of DNA that is responsible for clogging up my stupid pores. :wall:

Marvin

From Wikipedia:

The writer George Burden humorously notes that Marvin is certifiably insane:

"Now, Marvin the Martian is an interesting study. He has a one-track megalomaniacal desire to conquer the world and will calmly disintegrate anyone who gets in his way, without remorse. He is clearly delusional if he believes that, even with advanced technology, he can do this single-handedly (or, at most, with the help of his dog).

"Marvin most likely suffers from a psychotic disorder, delusional disorder of the grandiose type, diagnostic code 297.1."

You've just got to believe in yourself, that's what confidence is all about. Even if it's crazy. And utterly unjustified.

:lol: Heh :D

Anyway, Marvin, I doubt that if you were clear you'd have your pick of the girls on this board. There are several reasons: you can be pretty insensitive, you're selfish, and you've said before you think that people with acne are inferior (and basically dissed everyone that frequents this website). Learn some compassion.

As for having confidence, I go out and have a social life. I go to school everyday, I go to work, I kick back with friends and watch a movie, or go out clubbing when I get the chance. I approach people and make new friends everyday. I just do it. By putting myself out there everyday, I gain a little bit of confidence each time. The result? Omg! I actually like myself! It's like...a miracle! How dare me! :whistle:

Marvin, you make me laugh. :lol:

and :clap: to this:

As for having confidence, I go out and have a social life. I go to school everyday, I go to work, I kick back with friends and watch a movie, or go out clubbing when I get the chance. I approach people and make new friends everyday. I just do it. By putting myself out there everyday, I gain a little bit of confidence each time. The result? Omg! I actually like myself! It's like...a miracle! How dare me! :whistle:

Well, for me..

You do know Tony Robbins is a scam artist right?

One of my friends bought his whole collection of self help tapes

and they were completely useless.

Marvin

Just because you had a friend who said the tapes were useless (and by the way it's far more likely that your friend was part of the 90% of all people who buy a self help tape, book, whatever, and the moment they start they get uncomfortable so they turn it off or put the book away.) Only 10% ever actually finish a book or tape. It's uncomfortable making a change, even if it's for the better. Your friend couldn't handle it at the time so he blamed his inadequacy on Tony Robbins. Your friend is like the majority of the population though, which is why only a few people are truly successful.

Guest flutistgurl26
Right now i'm a mess

I even have moments where I won't speak to my dog because I am afraid it judges me.

hahaha! sorry, that actually made me laugh out loud heehee

Just believe in yourself. I'll freely admit I overdid it, but even when I had acne back in high school, I never lacked in confidence. I was a cocky piece of shit back then, but I was good at everything and I felt like I had every right to be. I was a state champion in cross-country, had the highest score in my district on the SAT, won the district art show twice and placed 3rd in a statewide contest, placed 2nd in the statewide spelling bee, and even appeared on and won a gameshow when I was a kid. Acne made little difference to me. I really never judged myself on my appearance. Girls liked me, and that was what seemed to matter. I only judged myself on my athletic ability and intelligence.

Now, I've had enough humbling experiences since then that, even though I still can be quite arrogant at times, I'm far more realistic about who I am and what my place is in this world. I'm still very confident (part of me believes that I could do pretty much anything I wanted to if I just put in a sustained effort - it's probably a delusion, but I still believe it), but there's really no secret to it. I'm just optimistic in general. People sometimes tell me they feel isolated from me in a way because of it, like I'm simply unwilling to acknowledge that something is bad, but frankly, bad is just a point of view. There is nothing in the world that has any quality inherent to it that can either be called "good" or "bad." These are value-judgements made by conscious perceivers, and it's entirely up to you how you will judge something. No matter what may happen to you in life, you always have the choice to either react by being sad about it, or to simply continue being happy regardless.

I might sound a little Pollyanna-ish, but you know what? I'm happier than you, and so was Pollyanna.

Guest Tenshi

its weird this marvin guy..just ou tof curiousity i read his past posts right from when he joined..he seemed normal..it's almost like he got bored and made up a new persona..an act...so i dont know whats going on with him..but i wouldnt take anything he said too seriously..its sad..because he seemed like a good guy and now with all the weird comments in the gallery and so on..its disapointing but i dont know..what can u do?

What happened to u Marvin? why do u behave as such?

its weird this marvin guy..just ou tof curiousity i read his past posts right from when he joined..he seemed normal..it's almost like he got bored and made up a new persona..an act...so i dont know whats going on with him..but i wouldnt take anything he said too seriously..its sad..because he seemed like a good guy and now with all the weird comments in the gallery and so on..its disapointing but i dont know..what can u do?

What happened to u Marvin? why do u behave as such?

4 letters first letter is a vowel and as is the last!

Why me? You know, I often ask myself why did it have to affect me..

:think:

heheh relax, its just acne... hehehe so what you are young, there are lots of worse things than acne if u think about it. :)

Take this view: they're marks on your face. So are freckles. If you do not let acne control your life it won't. You control your life.

Also, not all girls would go for a pretty boy. Might offend you, might be out of place cos I'm new, but I wouldn't touch you. Its a mans outlook, anyones outlook, that makes someone universally attractive.

Some guys like blondes, some like redheads. But most people will never pick a life partner on aesthetics. So just be friendly and respectable to people. Voice your own opinions - but always be tactful. Learn from everybody you meet (thats my motto for life)

I thought my life would change once i got rid of acne but in actual fact it hasnt. I looked around and realised what acne lost me, my girlfriend, my friends and all the great things i used to have. My phone never rings anymore, my friends dont bother inviting me out because i always made up an excuse to stay in when i had acne, my girlfriend has long gone and probably forgot about me. Dont wait for that moment, just carry on and be yourself otherwise acne takes everything away and you end up with nothing.

I thought my life would change once i got rid of acne but in actual fact it hasnt. I looked around and realised what acne lost me, my girlfriend, my friends and all the great things i used to have. My phone never rings anymore, my friends dont bother inviting me out because i always made up an excuse to stay in when i had acne, my girlfriend has long gone and probably forgot about me. Dont wait for that moment, just carry on and be yourself otherwise acne takes everything away and you end up with nothing.

good post

The million dollar question that everyone wants to know is "how do you do it"? :doh:

I know magicians are hard pressed to reveal their 'secrets' but this isn't magic we're talking

about here :dance:

I don't want to sound like a nay sayer because that would be wrong of me. :naughty:

Those of you who possess the magical ability to exude an unbreakable mystical aura

please help me out. What kinds of things should I ought to learn in order to become

better confidence wise?

I'm starting to think that my acne will haunt me until I die. This means unless I take some

immediate action I'll be doomed forever. I need that fuel to fire the inner depths of my soul

so I can fly like a bird. Is acne a barrier that can be torn down if enough desire and will

power? I just want to have the confidence to stare at myself in the mirror without feeling

like the devil has painted my face with a brush.

Advice from those confident ones would be like a gift from God.

Help me understand because I am very tired. I've been walking along

this dead end road but its just a damn desert. Pick me up and rejuvenate

the man who once enjoyed life. :pray:

- Marvin

I would not say I have LOADS of confidence, as I think that would result in being labeled as cocky. Though, I would be confident enough to say that I am rather confident. :lol: I believe that happiness breeds confidence (at least for myself). My secret to being happy?

Try to find happiness, rather than trying to finding sorrow.

I used to live life under the impression that I had so much that was wrong with my life: bad skin, no girlfriend, skinny, not perfect teeth, etc. I realized that living this way led me to live in depression. I only focused on what was wrong with my life and I placed great importance on those things.

I then came to realize that for every little thing that was wrong with my life, I had many more positive and important things in my life. The things that currently make me happy are that I have a wonderful family, great friends, a nice sports car, my sense of style, I attended a great university, a great personality, I have a nice bank account/stock portfolio that I created myself, and a wonderful/beautiful lady friend. Knowing this, I realized that my life was actually really great, aside from the shortcomings. If anything, those shortcomings made me even a better person, as it has strengthened my character. I used all of those positive things as a backing for my confidence; I have a lot to offer to the world.

Most of you might think that I was ignoring the issues on hand. Well, not exactly. Being happy finally made motivated me to fix what was wrong. I finally took the leap to take Accutane to resolve my skin issue. I also began to get on a diet and workout plan which resulted in me putting over 15lbs of muscle on my frame in a short amount of time. My minor teeth issue can be resolved with a little bit of money down the line.

Marvin, take some time to reflect on your life and all of the positive things that you have. I am sure they will outweigh the negatives. :D

Marvin, take some time to reflect on your life and all of the positive things that you have. I am sure they will outweigh the negatives. :D

I want to sit back without being worried about the trivial things that I seem to blow way out of proportion.

Then for some inexplicable reason I am led to the mirror where my reflection turns me off from wanting to reflect because I perceive a monster staring at me and I am scared out of my wits.

Acne has made me paranoid sometimes but I try and brush away the effects it has on me.

I don't want to be subjected to this vile illness anymore... Shoot my leg, color me pink just anything to stop the injustice of what acne is causing me to feel. But in times of peril I know I have the full support of God for I am his child and he is my Lord and Savior.

Marvin