Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I've been on this site before and I finally decided to join. I am 15 years old, turning 16 in June. I've been dealing with acne since I was 10-11 years old. I have tried many different products (proactiv, oxy, neutrogena, differin, etc.) I have no tried accutane yet and I don't plan on too.

I tried "detoxing" or living a healthier lifestyle and using only herbal products from September to middle of January. I had more serious severe acne, I'd break out constantely. I don't have huge cysts anymore because of the herbal products and my skin got alot smoother. I do have alot of scars though.

I went to the dermatologist first time in so long on April 7th. She put me on this regimen:

Morning:

MD forte facial cleanser I

then dot pimples with triaz benzoyl peroxide pads 3%

put on MD forte sunscreen

put on make up

evening:

MD forte facial cleanser

put on tazorac cream 0.1%

I am also taking adoxa doxycycline.

1 per day 150 mg.

once a week, put on MD forte hydra mask.

My acne is alot better then it used to be but I have a long way to go.. it's persistant. [severe i guess]

April 7- April 14

week 1: when I went for my appointment, i had recently broke out, within 5 days it was GONE. no lie. My skin was alot better!

April 15- April 22

week 2: my skin started peeling alot from tazorac, I'm getting breakouts everywhere, places I never broke out before. The skin texture is really rough.