Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xiomara

MAC Studio Fix??

I use studio fix fluid and I love it. I don't have oily skin and it doesn't dry me out like a lot of liquids, but it's also got a matte finish and stays on so it should be appropriate for oily skin. It's also less likely to break you out than the original studio fix because it's oil free.

didn't like the powder. the coverage was awesome and smooth, so it basically made my skin look like porcelain. BUT it gets cakey at the end of the day. and broke me out. but then again, almost all makeup break me out somewhat cuz of talc and silica.

Be careful using this. I had a horrible breakout after using this for a few days. Make sure you really wash your face well and get every speck of it off every night. Alternatively, I would suggest using one of the great mineral makeups out there. The coverage is just as good, they look more natural, and they are much better for the skin.

Just wanted to add that you have to use this (studio fix powder) like any other foundation. My MAC SA said that when people break out from it they've usually been treating it like a powder and thinking that they could touch up with it during the day. She said that that gets oil and bacteria from your face into the makeup, which I guess makes sense because you also should use a pump for liquid makeup to avoid touching it with your sponge, and during the day your face has more oil and bacteria than when it's freshly washed. Still, I've heard that it has mineral oil (I don't have the ingredients list so I could be totally wrong) which makes a lot of people break out. Also, it's not made for oily skin, even though it is a powder.

I used to swear by MAC studio fix (I dont really wear foundation anymore) but I absolutely loved it. It didnt cause any break outs for me, and looked pretty natural. I have a super oily T-zone and it helped with my oilies, but you'd probably need to "blot" half way through the day anyway if you've got super oily skin.

The coverage is pretty good too. I reckon it's best applied with a big fat brush as opposed to a sponge (otherwise it'll look kinda cakey imo).