Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mouse

accutane worked for me

im currently in week 9 of my accutane treatment. I use to surf this page everyday and sometimes even multiple times a day searching for a cure. Now i come on like twice a week and only if im really bored. If nothing else is working for you, i suggest giving accutane a try. The side effects are really not bad at all. If you have any questiosn i would be glad to help.

accutane cured me

haven't had any zits for a while im finished my face is all cured except i got a lil scarring which will improve

i heard some people still get acne after a yr but 70% or so never get acne again so i hope i never will

also all my side effects went away no more chop lips and damn i feel so much better... except for the scarring but its not bad at all

seriously give it a try if you have bad acne

depression??? ahhh well look at your face and tell me....

well i've experience couple nose bleeds

mood swings very seldom, well you have acne what you expect?

chop lips for sure!!!

and my eyes all gushy red maybe becuase i sit infront of a computer so much arg waste of time

well i saw improvement after only a few weeks. I might be a different case because i was using retin a micro for a year prior and had 2 smoothbeam treatments right before i started accutane.

Since being on tane, i do not do anything but wash my face and pop pills. My side effects are nose bleeds and dry lips. Once in a while i get small rashes on my arms because of dry skin. THAT IS ALL! no depression or anything else significant.

i dunt think people understand the thing about depression.. your depressed becuase of your acne.. not because of the medication.. accutane helped me sooo much with depression.. i had oily skin.. so it doesnt overdry that much.. the lips is the only thing... my vision is fine.. its all in every1s head.. i didnt have severve acne.. i had moderate acne.. it shows results in about 1 1/2 months..

So basically you do the whole treatment for 6 months, then after that you get off of it and hope acne doesn't come back? Also, how much was it with insurance?

Thanks guys

my treatment is for 5 months (20weeks) and yeah basicaly u hope that it will be a cure for you. Hmm i think i pay roughly about 50 bucks for a months supply with insurance i think.

out of curiousity, what was your dosage? i just started accutane a week ago and am curious about what normal dosage is....wonderiing if mine is enough

i weigh 130 lbs and i am on 60 mg a day. I started off at 40 for the first month then got bumped up. dont know how much bloodwork was.

thanks....i weigh about the same and am in my first week of treatment. on 40mg a day right now. keeping my fingers crossed that it starts to kick in soon...lips are getting realyl dry so i'm hoping that's a good sign :)

I'm on week 6 or so and I'm just beginning to notice improvement. During the first time, I kept on "noticing" improvement only for things to get much worse but now things seem much calmer on my face. All I really can do now is sit around and wonder how badly I'm going to scar. Wish I started treatment earlier.... :)({|=

What kind of products are you guys using while on accutane? I just started day 13, and so far it is breakout city, i was using retin-a micro which kept me clear for the most part but i still had a little acne,so my doc but me on accutane. So i was just wondering what products worked/s well for accutane. can u use retin a with it? and did anyone ever use scrubs and masks. ok sorry for botherin everyone about products i just want clearer skin b4 school starts, !!!!!!!!!!!thank ya

sammy

i didnt use anything else. I think the only thing u can do is give it time and let the medicine take its course. For me, things started settling down after week 6 or so.

i think you need about 120mg/kilogram

i did about 140 mg or something.. i dunno why.. probably bad math but oh wells still good.

I have really bad lips and my contacts have become untollerable sometimes, so I always carry around some eye solution and chapstick.

Im not using anything on my face except soap. Before accutane i used to use all sorts of things and always clense ( i didn't use soap for 2 yrs i think). I started retin-a a week before accutane and had a huge breakout from that so i guess i didn't notice the accutane breakout.

In the beggining i had bad headaches but they went away (if you have these tell your derm they are SERIOUS). Then i had (and still have) dry lips. Sometimes at night i cant see very well. The worst of all is back and joints pain. My back hurts like never before. Whenever i bend down to pick up anything (light or heavy) i have a hard time standing up. But its gettin better ever since i started exercising. No depression at all (thank god).

I'm paying roughly $850 a month for pills, $135 for blood work & my derm takes $95 per month. A total of approximatly $1080 (thats US dollars by the way) a month. Even after all that i think its worth it.

After i started accutane i didn't look at my self in mirror for about 2 weeks. And one day when i woke up and looked in the mirror I was shocked i had more than 80% improvment (it was only week 3). Now im on 6 week and am 100% Clear.

I hope this helps people decide. Ask any questions and ill try to answer asap.

Hey While I'm in Canada I pay less then a tenth of what you have to. I'am on 80mg a day and I wiegh 150lb. I pay 69 dollars a month Canadian TOTAL. My derm is free, blood work free, and the government pays for 80% of my pills so its a great deal. I have no special coverage just Canadian health care. God bless Canada.

This is kind of a weird story. I had insurance which covered everything (for Accutane treatment) but back then i (actually my derm) was still deciding whether i should take accutane or not. Then my insurance contract expired. I didn't buy insurance for about two months (i was lazy). When i (my derm let me) decided to go on accutane i said hmm maybe i should get insurance. When i tried to buy back insurance they said that they wouldn't cover accutane for one year since i already needed the medication.

As for the goverment paying for my medication. Simple answer i earn to much to qualify.

But good thing i can afford it.

You guys in Canada i heard its cheaper there (about $200 instead of $850) could u please check this from ur pharmacies and tell me. I take 20mg and 90 pills a month. Or if u know where i can get it cheaper i dont mind paying for derm and bloodwork but the pills are really expensive.

hey this is my second week of accutane, and so far i am pretty discouraged. i have this rash looking thing on my face, which makes my face look red and unever, very bumpy but not pimples!!!!!! growl my skin looked good to. did anyone else have this? and should i use lotion at night? thank you