Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Attention all the diet holistic smarts

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm moving out and i'm in real need of some simple/yummy recipes. I'm observing a diet free of Wheat, Yeast, Gluten and Lactose so if they're along those lines it would be great. I can consume some lactose, and i have all breads and pasta's that are okay for me to eat, so don't shy off on that type of stuff.

I hope it's not too much of a request, i just know that alot of you guys are very good with healthy foods. I actually had someone to cook my food the past year, so i'll be flying blind somewhat. :D

Thanks in advance. James.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

www.google.com

:| I would have laughed if that was funny.

How are you eating bread and pasts if you're avoiding wheat?

I recommend quinoa with tomato sauce and spinach leaves, or with olive oil and turmeric, or with black beans, chick peas or pumpkin seeds. It's a nice lunch.

How are you eating bread and pasts if you're avoiding wheat?

I recommend quinoa with tomato sauce and spinach leaves, or with olive oil and turmeric, or with black beans, chick peas or pumpkin seeds. It's a nice lunch.

That is a good question.

I do know that he could be consuming Gluten-Free Breads and Gluten-Free Pasta, is that it Grow to Overthrow?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

To answer your questions, i eat breads that are either soy or spelt flour. It's quite easy really. They're yeast, wheat and gluten free. The pastas are generally soy.

I'm moving out and i'm in real need of some simple/yummy recipes. I'm observing a diet free of Wheat, Yeast, Gluten and Lactose so if they're along those lines it would be great. I can consume some lactose, and i have all breads and pasta's that are okay for me to eat, so don't shy off on that type of stuff.

I hope it's not too much of a request, i just know that alot of you guys are very good with healthy foods. I actually had someone to cook my food the past year, so i'll be flying blind somewhat. :D

Thanks in advance. James.

hard to answer with such a broad question.

E.g. Has anyone ever heard a good story? List every good story you've ever heard.

Get some cookbooks, or search online for vegan/dairy-free recipes, gluten-free (celiac) recipes and maybe diabetic recipes (sugar-free), and then you can customize them.

vegweb.com has TONS of good recipes. Look up curries, lentils...(add meat if you want). Just omit or substitute for things that don't agree with your diet. Especially watch out for vegan margarines...use butter, coconut oil, olive oil as subs, depending on the recipe.

A great cookbook author is Lorna Sass. She has both vegetarian and meat cookbooks. She is a pressure-cooker guru, so many are written for pressure cookers, but there are some that aren't.

"A Celebration of Wellness" is another good cookbook. All the recipes are dairy-free, and sugar-free. Very healthy and whole-food oriented. Some good dairy-free 'cheese' sauces, pestos, etc.

Just start experimenting.

Here is one vague recipe;

Some beans (can be canned; aduki, black beans, garbanzo...etc)

Some grains (rice or quinoa)

lemon juice

olive oil

sea salt

lots of chopped up/grated veggies (carrot, peas, spinach, celery.....)

some chopped herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, cilantro)

Mix all together. Garnish with avocado and pumpkin seeds if you want.

visit your local health foods market, usually there is a large gluten free section or individuals who can point you to the right sources. There are also lots of gluten-free communities online that give you good advice as to what to eat and where to get it... I've worked in 3 health foods stores and there are gobs of food that fall under this category, don't despair!

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Thankyou to those who've given me good advice, i'll definately take a look online and ask at a few health food stores. :D