Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pam32570

For those who hate/have bad luck with mineral makeup...

I just wanted to say I have had a horrendous time with mineral makeup. I have huge pores and they look magnified with mineral foundation....every flaw stands out!! I have been ordering samples and experimenting for weeks!!

I basically decided I wanted to make it work because its so much better for my skin.

I'm finally finding some things that work, and I've had some of my best makeup days ever, lately!!! It has also amazed me that the mineral makeup seems to hold up better than any other makeup I've used (I'm using Pure Luxe, thanks to someone on here who mentioned it). Liquid looks good for a few hours, but never seems to last the whole day. It has been worth the past three or four weeks suffering through crappy trial and error. I was really ready to throw in the towel.

Just a couple things that made a huge difference for me:

When they say apply gradually, they really mean it! Its weird, but it seems like when I first brush on the foundation, it looks like its not covering at all, so I keep brushing it on. Then its overkill!! If put on just a tiny bit at a time and wait, I don't know if if takes a moment to soak up the skin oils or what, but if you just pause a moment, you notice it really is covering! Same thing happened to me with blush. I'd brush it on and couldn't even see it at first, then I'd overdo it. But if I waited, and stood back, I'd realize I already had enough on.

The biggest thing that made a difference for me is only using foundation on the worst areas, and using a sheer finishing powder over everything. Then I use blush, then another shimmery finishing powder over everything. When I would use foundation all over, if magnified every flaw, and made my pores huge! But this way it seemed to even out my skin tone without looking fake, and my pores were less visible.

I know everyone is different, but I just had to share, because I thought everyone was nuts with this mineral makeup until I finally figured something out!

If anyone else has a similar experience or some application tips, I'd love to hear it.

I just wanted to say I have had a horrendous time with mineral makeup. I have huge pores and they look magnified with mineral foundation....every flaw stands out!! I have been ordering samples and experimenting for weeks!!

I basically decided I wanted to make it work because its so much better for my skin.

I'm finally finding some things that work, and I've had some of my best makeup days ever, lately!!! It has also amazed me that the mineral makeup seems to hold up better than any other makeup I've used (I'm using Pure Luxe, thanks to someone on here who mentioned it). Liquid looks good for a few hours, but never seems to last the whole day. It has been worth the past three or four weeks suffering through crappy trial and error. I was really ready to throw in the towel.

Just a couple things that made a huge difference for me:

When they say apply gradually, they really mean it! Its weird, but it seems like when I first brush on the foundation, it looks like its not covering at all, so I keep brushing it on. Then its overkill!! If put on just a tiny bit at a time and wait, I don't know if if takes a moment to soak up the skin oils or what, but if you just pause a moment, you notice it really is covering! Same thing happened to me with blush. I'd brush it on and couldn't even see it at first, then I'd overdo it. But if I waited, and stood back, I'd realize I already had enough on.

The biggest thing that made a difference for me is only using foundation on the worst areas, and using a sheer finishing powder over everything. Then I use blush, then another shimmery finishing powder over everything. When I would use foundation all over, if magnified every flaw, and made my pores huge! But this way it seemed to even out my skin tone without looking fake, and my pores were less visible.

I know everyone is different, but I just had to share, because I thought everyone was nuts with this mineral makeup until I finally figured something out!

If anyone else has a similar experience or some application tips, I'd love to hear it.

That was really interesting , because i keep giving the mineral makeup thing a go and it just isnt working ! It makes my pores look huge ! :mad: and i keep trying cos i feel it is much better for your skin , i think its the one im using BE , i need to try another one , maybe more matte looking ? ? thanks anyway for your tips on how to put it on , ive been far too heavy handed . Just need to find a good one now aaaaaaaaggggg MORE MONEY

That was really interesting , because i keep giving the mineral makeup thing a go and it just isnt working ! It makes my pores look huge ! :mad: and i keep trying cos i feel it is much better for your skin , i think its the one im using BE , i need to try another one , maybe more matte looking ? ? thanks anyway for your tips on how to put it on , ive been far too heavy handed . Just need to find a good one now aaaaaaaaggggg MORE MONEY

Try this link: Pure Luxe They ship worldwide, and the samples are only about a dollar. Shipping is cheap, at least here in the US.

I know what you mean about the big pores! If you check out this site, the finishing powders I use are "You Glow Girl" and I also like "April's Mix," which has a little more coverage, but less than a foundation, and its very neutral. I like "Radiance" for extra highlighting and glow. If you lightly cover your red spots, or blotchy areas with the foundation, then go all over with the lighter finishing powder, it seems to diffuse the large look of the pores, rather than magnify them. Just keep experimenting!

I also use good quality paint brushes from a craft store, they blow away the makeup ones I've seen, for just a fraction of the price! Once you find a foundation match (which was half the battle for me), experiment with different brushes, and differing amounts of product to see what works best. I found out that the big poofy kabuki brush applies WAY too much foundation for me, so now I only use it for the finishing powder, and use a little brush for the foundation.

Good luck! :D

Try this link: Pure Luxe They ship worldwide, and the samples are only about a dollar. Shipping is cheap, at least here in the US.

I know what you mean about the big pores! If you check out this site, the finishing powders I use are "You Glow Girl" and I also like "April's Mix," which has a little more coverage, but less than a foundation, and its very neutral. I like "Radiance" for extra highlighting and glow. If you lightly cover your red spots, or blotchy areas with the foundation, then go all over with the lighter finishing powder, it seems to diffuse the large look of the pores, rather than magnify them. Just keep experimenting!

I also use good quality paint brushes from a craft store, they blow away the makeup ones I've seen, for just a fraction of the price! Once you find a foundation match (which was half the battle for me), experiment with different brushes, and differing amounts of product to see what works best. I found out that the big poofy kabuki brush applies WAY too much foundation for me, so now I only use it for the finishing powder, and use a little brush for the foundation.

Good luck! :D

THANKS A LOT :D IM GONNA GIVE THEM A TRY ILL LET U KNOW HOW I GET ON . THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD TIPS UR AN :angel:

For all the BE users here are some tips----- I really don't have big pores so I haven't tried this but, if you put on mineral veil first (finishing poder for all the non BE users) it is supposed to minimize pores. I may try tomorrow just to see if it makes any difference. To cover up redmarks and/or active acne use concealer brush first and pretty heavily on spots. Then do your regular cover up routine, then concealer brush again lighter this time. Redmarks are barely visible.

Pam I do agree with you the mineral makeup stands up so much better than liquid foundation. I think for me it is because my skin is oily typically and it just soaks it up.

I know what you mean about waiting. It does take a minute for the minerals to maybe settle into the skin or something and then it looks great.