Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Diego

Tropical Paradise becoming a nightmare

Hi everyone, im new here so after reading some old posts (some are really helpful) i wanted to ask everybody if the weather has to do something with acne, im not saying its a cause, im just saying that some weather (speacially where i live, its always 90ºF-100ºF all year long :? ) if it makes acne harder to get off and more nasty than usual

Yea they say that humidity can worsen acne, and also that in warm weather your skin produces more oil. I dont know though because every time im on vacation somewhere my skin gets better from all the sun.

Every time summer used to roll around and I was at my job where I had to work outside, my acne became much worse. Still, to this day, if I were to go outside during a somewhat muggy, hot day and sweat, I guarantee I would come back home with new pimples. And NASTY ones, too.

During the winter months, strangely, my face is always much better and will actually be clear, or what passes as clear for me, for the most part. But when I have to face the sun during those hot days.......

Always beneficial to live in a city that sees the temperature rise above 40 degrees only half of the year. 8)

yea that happens to me too, everytime i go on vacation and its a place where is cold my face gets much better, it gets dry and i hardly get anythin even when im kinda pushing the limits by not taking any kind of regimen, but if its there anyway to battle this weather effect please tell me

People who live in tropical climates have more acne and more severe cases as well.

i live in a tropical climate, and i can lay claim to this.

definately true.

Dan, will using the regimen in humid weather still have its effects?

How odd, I find that high humidity and temperature helps my skin. My skin is horrible in the winter, so dry it hurts.

Hey Diego

I have lived on a tropical island now for two years and my skin has never been so bad... used to live in colder climate and never had acne. My face is a lot oiler and i think going in and out of the heat (outside) and air con (inside) also makes things worse. I also play a lot of sports and im always finding when im sweating, my skin gets these red bumps... just cant win.

But I must say it has been better since gettin onto the regimen, in my 2nd week of just BP and moisturiser (after 5 weeks of experimenting) and its starting to look better, still no way near clear but zits not as angry as before....

heres hoping things continue to look up.

Hi everyone, im new here so after reading some old posts (some are really helpful) i wanted to ask everybody if the weather has to do something with acne, im not saying its a cause, im just saying that some weather (speacially where i live, its always 90ºF-100ºF all year long :? ) if it makes acne harder to get off and more nasty than usual

Let me tell you something that will change the way you act in the sun.

You may think that the sun is good for your skin, think again. The sun just "tans" the colour of your skin, and it looks like all your red marks and spots are clearing.

No.

Your acne will most likely worsten the more time you spend in the sun. If you have Benzoyl Peroxide on your face and you go out in the sun, you are risking the chance of getting skin cancer, and we dont want that!

Buy a moisturizer with sun protection of at least 15, and you should be okay in the sun. But take breaks in the shade every couple of hours or so, and you will be fine.

Good luck,

Shane Stocks.

Hey Brandy

When sweating, do you just pat your face with a dry towel? Someone suggested using them moisturised wipe thingy's - do you ever use them? I wanna try but not if they irritate... ever tried them yourself?

This is a very interesting thread.

I'm from Florida, and I've always noticed that whenever I see people from up north they seem to have much clearer skin than people from down here (not to say that we don't have our share of clear-skinned beauties tongue.gif ). I've had my own theories about the effects of humidity on acne-prone skin for years, but it's interesting to see that others seem to agree.

Does anyone know if there have there been any studies on the reason why humidity aggravates acne?

whenever i go off island for a month, i clear up.

when i come back home i start breaking out...

i think when i go to korea i'm going to make sure i follow the regimen... because i didn't follow it last time i was there.

some tips

-when you're on a trip away from your hot humid home, do the regimen religiously...

-don't stop the regimen on vacation even if it looks like you're not getting active zits. remember it takes 6 weeks for a zit to form...