Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anybody use a primer under their foundation? My skin is really feral from all the acne I had - its gots scars and I have huge ass pores - would a primer make it look smoother and more even? Do primers make you breakout?

Thanks

I use MAC's matte cream and have never had any trouble with breakouts. It helps create a smoother surface and it is a staple of mine.

Smashbox: broke me out, but it's a try and see thing.

Cat Cosmetic's Silk Purrfection: broke me out, not terribly, but zits none the less.

Clinique's Pore Perfector: works well, no trouble with breakouts.

Laura Mercier: set my skin on fire.

Peter Thomas Roth: works fairly well, no trouble with breakouts.

Shiseido's matte veil: very thick and hard to spread. Did not cause breakouts, but I did not like the feel of it on my skin.

Lancome: very thick, works okay, no breakouts.

I sometimes use Smashbox photo finish primer.... it hasn't caused any breakouts for me so far. I also use philosophy fine line filler AFTER applying my makeup to "fill in" some icepick scars that I have. (basically a silicone type filler)

I have tried the clinique primer that anime mentioned and liked it as well. :)

THE PRESENT (CLEAR MAKE-UP) and ON A CLEAR DAY (PROTECTION CREAM) both by philosophy are amazing as make-up primers and will definately not make you break out. personally i like the latter a tad bit more, and it's made for acne prone skin.