Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twoods21

5 weeks still breaking out

Ive been on the CSR for 5 weeks and i am still breaking out, just curious if anyone else has experience this will on the regimen

Hi twoods,

Well, 5 weeks is still early on the regimen and breakouts are expected. Besides, results vary with each person which is why why it's recommended that you give it at least 3 months of concentrated effort.

If you haven't noticed the least improvement, maybe you should review the regimen steps and watch the videos again, to check that you're not missing something (including the recommended supplies).

Good luck and hang in there. Trust me, the regimen works.

Hey man, I was still breaking out after 5 weeks too and now it's been uhh 9 or 10 weeks and I've been clear for a week. I used to get over 10 zits in a week. I would've been clear earlier if I had figured a couple things out sooner. First of all, if you're still getting really dry skin, and/or flakes, even only occasionally, that will stop the regimen from working properly. Personally I didn't mind having flakes at first cause it hid my red marks and some zits and I would just say "oh its dry cause of winter." But the dryness makes your skin trip out and cause more acne. Then since I was still breaking out I kept loading more and more bp on, which made it impossible to avoid dryness no matter how much i moisturized. To get completely clear I had to use a little bit less bp and enough moisturizer to make sure I don't get any dryness throughout the day or night.

i plan to keep on it with for 3 months, i have used the full amount of BP since the start and my skin has not been dry/red at all its weird. Im still getting about 10 zits a week too thanks for the encouragement

i had one around 5weeks an got a breakout,

an im sure most of us wil stil get the occasional breakout in the future ie Illy ^

but im sure our skin is a lot better than it was before.

skin is a lot better than before. i'm also in my 5th week but still there are big inflamed acnes :(

Im on my 5th week and have got a bad breakout....im going to give it another month and then if no better im going to quit this and go see the doctor.

Depending on how your acne is, ie severe/moderate etc, BP will work differently. I had quite mild but persistant acne, well still have. But the reg got it under control. I'm 16 weeks in and still breaking out, but it's no where near as bad as before. The reg is definatly worth sticking too, no matter how mild/severe.

At 5 weeks my breakouts had decreased in frequency and severity, but they were still there. Now at 14 weeks in, I'm at the point where I hardly ever see any active acne and go weeks without it, but occasionally a very small pink bump or two will emerge (for some reason, I have a triangle of very small pimples on the left side of my mouth...whatev). If this is as bad as it gets on the regimen in the long term, then I'm happy as a clam.

SECONDED!

i been on since feb 1st an i got a few breakouts til about a week ago.

since i changed to dans BP my skin has been so much better!

now ive been a week without a proper spot

i had one on my chin but it become to the surface an its gone overnight!

now clear again

few redmarks but fading fading fading fading fading fading fading

hehe

I was on my 7th month and I was breaking out. I stopped for a week, and reviewed my regimen. I'm on week one so far and we'll see how it goes.

I thought i was doing the regimen prefectly and still recieving no results, but then i watched the videos again and found my mistakes.

you should watch the videos again just to be sure that you are picking up every detail

I'm about 7 weeks in and I had a small breakout about a week ago, and have 2 active spots right now. Just stick with it, I suppose. I'm giving the regimen 3-4 months before I consider anything else.