Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marrakech

IF YOU HAVE SCALP ACNE, I GOT THE CURE FOR YOU.

Back when I was 14-15 I started taking martial arts, and my scalp began to break out BADLY, my mom's collegue told her to buy me Dove Soap. My mom did and I was scalp-acne FREE!!! Then I stopped about 2 years ago, and I didn't get any, until I started to about 4 month ago. I was using John Freida shampoo & conditioner at the time. I started washing my hair with Dove Soap again and massaging my scalp. No conditioner! My scalp cleared up 99.99%.

I used to wash my hair every-other day, it'd get greasy FAST. I bet they put chemicals in shampoo that actually PROMOTE oil making in hair, so you can use more of their product and then buy more later.. :angry:

With Dove Soap, I wash it every 2 days, and I still don't need to!!!

Once you wash your hair with it, you will think "OMG, my hair is dry and tangly" just wait for it to dry, then brush it out, run your fingers through it, and it'd be good if you do this before bed, in the morning your hair will look nice!!!

That's all. Hope this helps, Im really happy I have AT LEAST a healthy scalp. Working on the face still. :pray: .. hehe

Was there a reason to type huge red letters all over the place?

I am going to not suggest this to people. Especially acne prone folk. This also should not be considered a long term solution. Additionally, if this clears your scalp acne I'm guessing that it's from the specific combination of moisturizers used in the bar. This is one of those things where it works for you, which is good. This is far from a cure. From personal experience I have found that using soap for this purpose can be habit forming.

Was there a reason to type huge red letters all over the place?

I am going to not suggest this to people. Especially acne prone folk. This also should not be considered a long term solution. Additionally, if this clears your scalp acne I'm guessing that it's from the specific combination of moisturizers used in the bar. This is one of those things where it works for you, which is good. This is far from a cure. From personal experience I have found that using soap for this purpose can be habit forming.

Whats wrong with washing hair with soap? People have been doing it for thousands of years, only recently we've discovered shampoos, which are synthetic chemicals. Im not saying dove is 100% natural, but heck, I'd prefer it over shampoo anyday. And if my font is too big for you to read, move away from the screen, because I think you're sitting too close... which can be bad for the eyes :D

Ok, lemme clarify on the soap thing. Dove is not really soap, even though we call it that. Real soap, the kind used for decades, contains glycerin. Here is a very informative link and also I'll post this tidbit from it in case you don't like to click links.

Also on another note Dove uses Sodium Tallowate which should not be a main ingredient in any soap, but shouln't cause any real harm to someone who's not hypersensitive to it.

Cold Process Soapmakers have it down to a litany. When asked why their soap is better than store-bought, they say (among other things), "Because of the natural glycerin. Glycerin is a humectant, meaning it attracts moisture to your skin. Glycerin is a natural by-product of the soapmaking process and while commercial manufacturers remove the glycerin for use in their more profitable lotions and creams, handcrafted soap retains glycerin in each and every bar."

Melt and Pour Soapmakers have a similar line, "Commercial soaps remove the glycerin for use in more profit producing lotions and creams, my soap has extra glycerin added to it. This helps make it clear, and also makes it a lot more moisturizing."

But what is glycerin, really?

Glycerin is a neutral, sweet-tasting, colorless, thick liquid which freezes to a gummy paste and which has a high boiling point. Glycerin can be dissolved into water or alcohol, but not oils. On the other hand, many things will dissolve into glycerin easier than they do into water or alcohol. So it is a good solvent.

Glycerin is also highly "hygroscopic" which means that it absorbs water from the air. Example: if you left a bottle of pure glycerin exposed to air in your kitchen, it would take moisture from the air and eventually, it would become 80 per glycerin and 20 percent water.

Because of this hygroscopic quality, pure, 100 percent glycerin placed on the tongue may raise a blister, since it is dehydrating. Diluted with water, however, it will soften your skin. (Note: While people say this softening is the result of the glycerin attracting moisture to your skin, there is heated debate as to whether or not the glycerin has some other properties all its own which are helpful to the skin. Summed up, the current thinking is "We know glycerin softens the skin. Some people think its because it attracts moisture, but there could be other reasons.")

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/glycerin.html

Ok, lemme clarify on the soap thing. Dove is not really soap, even though we call it that. Real soap, the kind used for decades, contains glycerin. Here is a very informative link and also I'll post this tidbit from it in case you don't like to click links.

Also on another note Dove uses Sodium Tallowate which should not be a main ingredient in any soap, but shouln't cause any real harm to someone who's not hypersensitive to it.

Cold Process Soapmakers have it down to a litany. When asked why their soap is better than store-bought, they say (among other things), "Because of the natural glycerin. Glycerin is a humectant, meaning it attracts moisture to your skin. Glycerin is a natural by-product of the soapmaking process and while commercial manufacturers remove the glycerin for use in their more profitable lotions and creams, handcrafted soap retains glycerin in each and every bar."

Melt and Pour Soapmakers have a similar line, "Commercial soaps remove the glycerin for use in more profit producing lotions and creams, my soap has extra glycerin added to it. This helps make it clear, and also makes it a lot more moisturizing."

But what is glycerin, really?

Glycerin is a neutral, sweet-tasting, colorless, thick liquid which freezes to a gummy paste and which has a high boiling point. Glycerin can be dissolved into water or alcohol, but not oils. On the other hand, many things will dissolve into glycerin easier than they do into water or alcohol. So it is a good solvent.

Glycerin is also highly "hygroscopic" which means that it absorbs water from the air. Example: if you left a bottle of pure glycerin exposed to air in your kitchen, it would take moisture from the air and eventually, it would become 80 per glycerin and 20 percent water.

Because of this hygroscopic quality, pure, 100 percent glycerin placed on the tongue may raise a blister, since it is dehydrating. Diluted with water, however, it will soften your skin. (Note: While people say this softening is the result of the glycerin attracting moisture to your skin, there is heated debate as to whether or not the glycerin has some other properties all its own which are helpful to the skin. Summed up, the current thinking is "We know glycerin softens the skin. Some people think its because it attracts moisture, but there could be other reasons.")

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/glycerin.html

I used to buy Home made soap with glycerin in it, and it was just too pricey. But if Dove Soap helped me, why not share the success story. Either way, you can't say that commercial shampoos are BETTER than soap.

I never said you shouldn't share your story, just gave some feedback. Also I didn't say anything about commercial soaps. Glycerin soaps are actually pretty cheap. At my local health store I buy actual glycerin soaps. I bought the lemon one the other day for less than $1.49 for the bar. This being expensive or not is my opinion, but in comparison to others I've seen, it's cheap.

Here's the link to that particular line of awesome glycerin soaps. best of all is they aren't made from any animal ingredients.

http://www.clearlynaturalsoaps.com/catalog...4618/531850.htm

dove also came out with a shampoo claiming this is the real deal shampoo and want damage your hair.... pretty much proving their other shampoo does damage...youd just have to see the commercial to know what im saying

SLS in shampoos and soaps are known to be dangerous to your body like your liver

Back when I was 14-15 I started taking martial arts, and my scalp began to break out BADLY, my mom's collegue told her to buy me Dove Soap. My mom did and I was scalp-acne FREE!!! Then I stopped about 2 years ago, and I didn't get any, until I started to about 4 month ago. I was using John Freida shampoo & conditioner at the time. I started washing my hair with Dove Soap again and massaging my scalp. No conditioner! My scalp cleared up 99.99%.

I used to wash my hair every-other day, it'd get greasy FAST. I bet they put chemicals in shampoo that actually PROMOTE oil making in hair, so you can use more of their product and then buy more later.. :angry:

Once you wash your hair with it, you will think "OMG, my hair is dry and tangly" just wait for it to dry, then brush it out, run your fingers through it, and it'd be good if you do this before bed, in the morning your hair will look nice!!!

That's all. Hope this helps, Im really happy I have AT LEAST a healthy scalp. Working on the face still. :pray: .. hehe

It's funny...I found that using John Frieda's shampoo gave me dandruff AND scalp acne. I'm still using it though, becuase the bottle was so freakin expensive.

It's funny...I found that using John Frieda's shampoo gave me dandruff AND scalp acne. I'm still using it though, becuase the bottle was so freakin expensive.

John Freida makes your hair super shiny, but its bad for scalp. :(

I never said you shouldn't share your story, just gave some feedback. Also I didn't say anything about commercial soaps. Glycerin soaps are actually pretty cheap. At my local health store I buy actual glycerin soaps. I bought the lemon one the other day for less than $1.49 for the bar. This being expensive or not is my opinion, but in comparison to others I've seen, it's cheap.

Here's the link to that particular line of awesome glycerin soaps. best of all is they aren't made from any animal ingredients.

http://www.clearlynaturalsoaps.com/catalog...4618/531850.htm

Cool, I will check out that site. thx The only bars Ive seen online, were $9.00/bar .. eh

dove also came out with a shampoo claiming this is the real deal shampoo and want damage your hair.... pretty much proving their other shampoo does damage...youd just have to see the commercial to know what im saying

SLS in shampoos and soaps are known to be dangerous to your body like your liver

Although I like their slogan Quest for REAL beauty, i used their shampoo way back in the day, and it sucked. It felt like putting liquidy yogurt in my hair.

Yeah because we all guzzle gallons of shampoo when we wash our hair :lol: .