Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carolla

yasmin is anyone on it?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone is on Yasmin....I heard it suppose to help to keeps your hormones steady all month..if you have some useful info please pass it on

Im currently on Tri- cyclen,I don't find it to bad but anything could help

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone is on Yasmin....I heard it suppose to help to keeps your hormones steady all month..if you have some useful info please pass it on

Im currently on Tri- cyclen,I don't find it to bad but anything could help

B.C. pills work differently for everyone. I really wouldn't listen to anyones experience because what may or may not happen to you really isn't related to anyone else. I have known people who've taken one b.c. pill and had zero problems, while others had terrible side effects with the exact same pill.

For the record I'm on it. My experience is it helps skin, but it will not make your skin clear and perfect (or prevent you from getting new pimples).

All you can do is try it out and see if it works for you.

I was on Yasmin for over a year. Didn't notice a change in my skin, good or bad. I was then on the patch, again, no difference. I'm not on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, but it's only been for a month, so we'll see.

As stated above, they affect everyone differently. The only side effects I got were nausea the first week or so (really bad nausea too :().

Everyone will react differently to each pill as far as side effects go, but the ability to clear skin has to do with the the anti-androgen action of the hormones in the pill. Yasmi and Diane 35 are considered the more effective pills for acne, while OTC is not as effective and is usually reccomended for mild acne.

This topic has been a popular one lately!

I just swtiched a few days ago from OTC to Yasmin. I believe my breakouts to be hormonal in nature, so my doctor prescribed me OTC last December. I thought it was clearing up my skin at first, until I realized that the only thing it was doing was making my breakouts coincide exactly with my cycle. I would begin to break out during the last active week of every pack. This is due to the hormonal drop the week of the placebo pills--comedos would form in my skin and erupt 3-4 weeks later.

I visited with my gyno about this, and she recommended Yasmin, not only because the hormones are kept at a consistent level all month but also because the pill contains spironolactone, an anti-androngen that helps slow the production of oil. She said that she skips the placebo week and moves on to the next pack of active pills and gets great results. And it's true--her skin looked beautiful.

By the way, the only reason OTC is the most popular pill for acne is because they're the only pill that has done studies related to the effect of birth control on acne. Therefore, no other companies can come out and say that their pill does anything for acne. But doctors know better.

So, that's my plan. I just began Yasmin two days ago--today will be my third day. So far I haven't had any odd side effects, which is pleasing, because OTC made me sick as a dog the first few days.

Good luck!