Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Airmousam1

Is 1000mg/day Tetracycline too much?

Hi All, Primary care doc prescribed 500mg 2x daily for my 14 y/o son. 1000mg/day seems like a lot, but I can only compare it to mino at 100mg day? Any comments? Thank much!

No, that dose is definately in normal range...it is actually given up to 500mg 4 times daily. Can't compare the tetra and mino mg to mg since they are different drugs ;)

Thanks for the reply!

No, that dose is definately in normal range...it is actually given up to 500mg 4 times daily. Can't compare the tetra and mino mg to mg since they are different drugs ;)

Thanks for the reply!

I was on 1000 mg a day... It helped with my acne quite a bit actually. Anything lower dose did nothing for me.

good luck to your son!

1000mg got me clear for a year and a half. Tetracycline was definitaly a wonder drug for me. I started of with 250mg 4 times a day for about 4 months then dropped to twice even once a day and was style acne-free. Unfortunately I've become ammuned to it and it's now been 3 years since I've been totally clear (which to me means no breakouts whatsoever and no scars). Good luck to you.