Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unkn0wnmale

New member here - pics and questions

OK i dont know where to start...

My face started breaking out alot like 5 years ago.. im 25 now and its just now going away. Im not sure if its going away cause i recently got 6 treatments of micro-dermabrasion but well see.

My tooth broke and it got infected and made my cheek break out over and over.. it was a huge red circle the size of a nickel.. so i was stupid and started putting rubbing alcohol on it and then it dried out and i peeled and peeled the dry skin of cause im an idiot. Now i have tis huge scar on the side of my face.. i also have a few other ones around my other cheek that i want to get rid of.. when i go out in the sun.. its horrible.. you see so many dents that you cant see in the mirror and i hate it..

I thought microderm would help it but hasnt lowered the dents... then my microderm lady gave me a glycolic acic peel for free to see if i liked it.. i didnt think it came close to the microderm but she said it stimulated coligen and thats what i need to raise my scar right?

SO i purchased this 70% glycolic acid from ebay for $8 lol... and beleive it or not, its the same stuff the doctor gave me but stronger.. the doctor gave me 30%... this is 70% professional grade. It stings and burns the same. Ive used it 3 times in 8 days even though it says to only use 1 time per week.

But with the microderms and the peels my face looks 20 times better.. the red spots are almost gone execpt the big one on my cheek :(

I suppose my questions are....

1) is glycolic acid safe to do on yourself at home?

2) What can i do to get my dents fixed so i can be happy in the sun?

3) any product you would recommend to me?

Heres a few pics 2 weeks ago.. the redness has REALLY went down from microderm and now i need to get rid of the indents somehow :(

IPB Image

IPB Image

bad side

IPB Image

after my 90 second 70% glycolic acid treatment today...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

the one side isnt bad but the other is horrible.. in the sunlight its NASTY... :(

hey...i think apart from a few ice pick scars that your face is good...i wouldn't treat your whole face with procedures as it only looks like the cheek area needs it..

I would do tca cross on the ice picks in your cheek area dump the glycolic and microderms as its a waste of $$ and exfoliating damages the skin; leave everything else alone.

Thank you for taking the time to post your pics...don't dispare, we are here for you... :angel: IMO you would benefit from a filler, such as restylane, or something more perment like a fat transfer....and TCA cross for your ice picks (if you have them, kinda hard to tell) ..hope this helps... ;)

jeez man. you have a short fuse. not everyone on here is registered and can reply and then some people might not be the best to help you. hold tight. most people on here are very helpful.

"TCA cross every month.

Glucosamine pills and copper peptides are optional."

ummm i have no clue what any of that is or what it does.. can you please explain :)

"TCA cross every month.

Glucosamine pills and copper peptides are optional."

ummm i have no clue what any of that is or what it does.. can you please explain :)

UNKN MALE, I think your right cheek needs dermabrasion or fraxel

or PSR3. I don't understand why anyone thinks his right cheek is

just fine ezpecially since it bothers him a lot. I agree that your total

look is pretty fine but a little help on that cheek would be great.

Thank you for taking the time to post your pics...don't dispare, we are here for you... :angel: IMO you would benefit from a filler, such as restylane, or something more perment like a fat transfer....and TCA cross for your ice picks (if you have them, kinda hard to tell) ..hope this helps... ;)

Fat transfer?! No way. That's for big areas that need filling. For small dents, apparently TCA cross and fraxel work for some people, although TCA cross did absolutely nothing for me.

Hey Cameron, in his 2nd and 3rd BIG picture his scarred area looks sunk in as well... I had the same kind of scarring. I had fat transfer. Although costly, YES fat transfer worked wonders to eliminate my scars, I was virtually scar free and smooth cheeked.. that is WHY I suggested it..from experience ...the fat does not have to "blow up" the entire cheek either.. unfortunately for me, my A-hole plastic surgeon performed Thermage and Erbium laser afterwards and melted the fat creating new scars...

Hey Cameron, in his 2nd and 3rd BIG picture his scarred area looks sunk in as well... I had the same kind of scarring. I had fat transfer. Although costly, YES fat transfer worked wonders to eliminate my scars, I was virtually scar free and smooth cheeked.. that is WHY I suggested it..from experience ...the fat does not have to "blow up" the entire cheek either.. unfortunately for me, my A-hole plastic surgeon performed Thermage and Erbium laser afterwards and melted the fat creating new scars...

Fat transfer removed small indents like that? I've been told over and over again that you can't just plump up the area and stretch the skin to remove scars like that. You'd have to treat each scar individually with a filler that works at a smaller level of granularity (like silicon droplets). Did your doc somehow do that with the transfered fat? Also, I think the sunken area is just part of his bone structure, which he didn't list as something he's trying to correct.

Wow, sorry about your bad experience. That really sucks. I've had docs screw up on me too.

ummm.... my aestition said fat transfers and fillers only last 6 months for $480 and the 1 year costs $850....

I want this to go away forever... not pay a ton every 6 months... what should i do ? :(

dermabrasion or peels would work for you......

i dont know what i need to do for me though :( how do i get rid of the dents... ugly in the sun :(

dermabrasion or peels would work for you......

i dont know what i need to do for me though :( how do i get rid of the dents... ugly in the sun :(

:rolleyes: really its all pretty minnor.. should see my dents :|

im sorry you had a bad experience with this surgeon. how was the fat transfer done cameron? was it a graft from behind the ear, or a syringe of your own fat? isn't fat transfer a temporary fix?

hey...i think apart from a few ice pick scars that your face is good...i wouldn't treat your whole face with procedures as it only looks like the cheek area needs it..

I would do tca cross on the ice picks in your cheek area dump the glycolic and microderms as its a waste of $$ and exfoliating damages the skin; leave everything else alone.

exfoliation damages the skin?

microderm doesnt damage the skin ... it gets rid of red marks and evens out your skin. I got 6 treatments and 3 of glycolic acid and my red marks are barely visible now... it might damage it if you dont moisturize enough...

no ones answered my question yet... whats my best option for treatment that would fix it for good?

fat transfers go away after 6 months right ?

also how much does this cost?

It looks to me like you'd be a really good candidate for punch excision, where they simply cut out the scar and sew up the skin leaving a much smaller, linear scar rather than the holes you have now.

I wouldn't bother with the fat transfer. Though your cheeks do look sunk in, it doesn't look to me like that has anything to do with scarring. That's just the natural contour of your face.

I've never had it done, but I've read $50 per scar or so quoted online. You'd have to get a consultation to get a specific doctor's price. There are people here that have had it done that you could ask, though I can't remember their names. Just search for "punch excision" in the forum and look through whatever thread comes up and PM somebody that says they've had it done.

theres hardly anythin there.. if i was in ur position i would just leave it be, you look fine :|

I agree.

I agree with both of you. I would be thrilled if my skin could look this good after having treatment. However, we are all acutely aware that everyone sees their own skin differently than others see it. I've been told that my skin is not that bad and I should just learn to deal with it, but when I see the craters under the wrong light it makes me cringe. Don't worry what other people think--the issue is that YOU feel good about the way you look.