Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

VIQ-Very Important Questions (2 of them)

1. Will moisturizing the spot where u applied BP neutralize the BP? Cause if i dont, it gets really dry, so im wondering if i can just moisturize it, but then idk if its neutralizing the effect of the BP since its supposed to dry out the pimple?

2. Forgot..cant think of it right now sorry but will edit later when it comes back :doh:

Edit-#2...When i first started going to this derm after stopping proactiv, he gave me some face washes for sensitive skin cause the bp wash was drying me out wayyyy to much. I tried one called cerave before cetaphil because it says it "hydrates while it cleanses." It did this, but by producing more oil and made my face look sooo oily even where i usually dont get oil. Im wondering..can i use this if accutane starts drying me out too much or will it counteract the effect of the accutane (shrinking the oil glands). Thats why i have been using cetaphil, which is working fine but i still wanna kno if i can use the other one.

Guest Marino

1. Will moisturizing the spot where u applied BP neutralize the BP? Cause if i dont, it gets really dry, so im wondering if i can just moisturize it, but then idk if its neutralizing the effect of the BP since its supposed to dry out the pimple?

2. Forgot..cant think of it right now sorry but will edit later when it comes back :doh:

like RXgirl said, it wont, but i advise you to apply the moisturizer at least 15 minutes after the BP gel has been rubbed in well.

This is what the clear skin regime recomends.

most of the time i dont have 15 minutes to sit around and do nothing when im getting ready for school..but i do try to wait until its kinda set in