Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
felk

Oral antibiotics worked really well

Hi everyone,

I was on an oral antibiotic minomycin for around a year, and i must say it worked wonders. Over the year, i cleared up completely, and my acne was moderate at least i think. However i dont want to keep taking it due to side effects, and after stopping i had a huge breakout. My acne was the worst it's ever been. A month ago I started using the regimen, but for the last two weeks i used the antibiotic as well just to help me clear up quicker, and im very happy with how my skin is now, though it's not completely clear

My only wish now is to maintain it how it is, with mild acne, and i want to do so without the oral antibiotic.

I am hoping a topical antibiotic will have at least a degree of the same effect, as the problem for my acne must be bacteria, seeing as the oral antibiotic worked so brilliantly. Also, im using dan's regimen, and its working on my neck, just not on my chin where i have stronger acne. It is here i plan to use the topical antibiotic as well.

The oral antibiotic was minomycin, and the only topical antibiotic i have at the moment is Eryacne, by Galderma. Does anyone think this will give me similar success as with the oral?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Hi everyone,

I was on an oral antibiotic minomycin for around a year, and i must say it worked wonders. Over the year, i cleared up completely, and my acne was moderate at least i think. However i dont want to keep taking it due to side effects, and after stopping i had a huge breakout. My acne was the worst it's ever been. A month ago I started using the regimen, but for the last two weeks i used the antibiotic as well just to help me clear up quicker, and im very happy with how my skin is now, though it's not completely clear

My only wish now is to maintain it how it is, with mild acne, and i want to do so without the oral antibiotic.

I am hoping a topical antibiotic will have at least a degree of the same effect, as the problem for my acne must be bacteria, seeing as the oral antibiotic worked so brilliantly. Also, im using dan's regimen, and its working on my neck, just not on my chin where i have stronger acne. It is here i plan to use the topical antibiotic as well.

The oral antibiotic was minomycin, and the only topical antibiotic i have at the moment is Eryacne, by Galderma. Does anyone think this will give me similar success as with the oral?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

if you're stopping the antibiotics i'd be prepared for some real bad acne coming in the future. Try buying a detoxification that u can take daily such as OPC-3