Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cassius.uk

PROACTIV PROLONGS ACNE

PROACTIV The number 1 acne product in the U.S.

Interesting, it may help you get clear, but I feel also taking it will MAKE YOU BREAK OUT Confused, read on.

I have been doing extensive studies with dermatologist friends of mine into acne and pore blocking ingredients. I have posted a couple of posts on this wicked forum about stuff like that. I strongly BELIEVE IF A PRODUCT HAS PORE BLOCKIGN INGREDIENTS IN, IT IS MORE LIKELY TO MAKE YOU BREAKOUT.

Sounds like common sense, but what annoys me is products like PROACTIV have pore blocking ingredients in them, whilst unblocking your pores!!!. The end result temporarily CLEAR skin.

I have read Rodan and Fields(ProActivs Makers) Book, which states that Cetearyl alchol is extremly comodegenic(pore blocking) and should be avoided, yet it is in both their cleanser and lotion. I contacted ProActiv about this, who said they didnt know why and couldnt help me. Please when buying your acne products, check the ingredients as even if it says NON-COMEDOGENIC by law it can still have some pore blocking ingredients in there. DANS regime is wicked, his b.p gel has no pore blocking ingredients in it(I have checked). ACNE can be crippling and horrible just be careful what you put on your faces.

CHEERS :D hope this is helpful any questions just ask

Take Care

That's why the majority of us here who have used proactiv, claim that after 6-8 months of use, it takes a shit and quits working :]

Don't believe me -- Try it for yourself?

Plus, Proactiv Cleanser is pretty harsh on my skin.

And.. Um..

Cetearyl alcohol is in Cetaphil products if I'm correct.

I have the moisturizor infront of me, and its listed fourth after Purified Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene

What's the purpose of this ingredient, do you know? I'll look it up and get back to this post.

'Cetyl and cetearyl alcohols are structurally similar. They are fatty alcohols used as emollients, emulsifiers, thickeners and carrying agents for other ingredients. They can be derived naturally (coconut fatty alcohol) or synthetically. They are not irritants and are not related to SD alcohol or ethyl alcohol which are drying alcohols.

A review by the Expert Panel of the CIR (1988) concluded that both compounds "are safe as cosmetic ingredients in the present practices of use". These compounds are commonly used in numerous categories of cosmetic products generally at concentrations up to 10%. However, some products may contain as much as 50%. '

http://www.pgbeautyscience.com/en_UK/gloss...inoleat_en.html

'Cetearyl Alcohol An emulsifying wax produced from a mixture of fatty alcohols. Made from cetyl and stearyl alcohol’s which together form an occlusive film to keep skin moisture from evaporating. They give hair and skin a velvety feeling. This is a long chain alcohol that actually comes in a powder/crystalline form, almost waxy and is used to add body and allow for comb ability in hair products. '

http://www.asianwhiteskin.com/otheringredients.html

'CETEARYL ALCOHOL is found in these product types: Conditioner, Moisturizer, Facial Moisturizer/Treatment, Hair Color and Bleaching, Facial Cleanser, Styling Gel/Lotion, Around-eye Cream, Sunscreen/Tanning Oil, Depilatory, Relaxer, Anti-aging, Foot Treatment, Exfoliant/Scrub, Body Firming Lotion, Sunless Tanning, Acne Treatment, Antiperspirant/Deodorant, Mascara, Hormonal Cream, Eye Liner, Body Wash/Cleanser, Pain/Wound Treatment, Skin Fading/Lightener, Anti-itch/rash Cream, Bar Soap, Lip Balm/Treatment, Shampoo, Liquid Hand Soap, Nail Treatment, Shaving Cream (Men's), Depilatory (Men's), Cuticle Treatment, Antiperspirant/Deodorant (Men's), Dandruff/Scalp Treatment, Hair Removal Waxes, Hair-loss Treatment, After Sun Product, Shaving Cream, After Shave, Concealer, Eye Shadow, Hair Growth Inhibitor, Other Eye Makeup, Styling Mousse/Foam, Redness/Rosacea Treatment, Lipstick, Body Oil, Perfume, Personal Cleansing, Insect Repellant, Makeup Remover, Foundation, Varicose/Spider Vein Treatment, Body Spray, Glitter, Mask, Lip Gloss, Bronzer/Highlighter, Lip Liner

Summary - health information

Cancer hazard Reproductive/developmental toxicity

Unsafe for use in cosmetics Illegal ingredients (EU)

Illegal ingredients (US) Unsafe in infant products

Potential for harmful impurities Ingredient(s) not disclosed on label

Sunburn/skin cancer risk Estrogenic chemicals and other endocrine disruptors

Irritants - eye, skin, or lungs Fragrance

Persistent/bioaccumulative Immune system toxicants (allergies, sensitization)

Penetration enhancers Safety limits on use/purity/manufacturing

Classified as toxic Potential for infectious disease risk

Hazards for occupational exposures Industry safety warnings

Illegal for use in food Illegal for use in

Insufficient safety data Wildlife/environmental toxicity

Ingredient(s) not assessed for safety No safety information in 37 regulatory/toxicity data sources '

http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/repor...NGREDIENT&id=45

There you go,

From what I found, 1 out of 25 sites had bad information about this ingredient.

Cetearyl alcohol is in Cetaphil products if I'm correct.

The cetaphil cleanser actually contains cetyl alcohol which is not exactly the same as cetearyl. Cetaphil has never caused any problems for me.

and the Moisturizer contains Cetearyl Alcohol,

I'm sure there's nothing terribly wrong with this product.Edit: ingredient

I have used Proactive for months and I cleared up at first and then the breakouts seemed to be getting worse. I know use a all natural swiss product call Arbonne...it took awhile but the results are worth the wait. I figured it would be hard to cure the damage that proactive has done to my skin so anything would take time. Don't get discouraged if you are having the same problems. Time will heal.