Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwertytre

This new cream on the market helped me alot!

Intro:

Hi there, First time poster, old time reader. I think i never took the place to create an acount here because i didnt feel i would be any helpfull to the community. I was searching for help, and i was unable to give some to others. and i dont think it would have made any difference if i posted help messages rather than just reading and searching in the old posts. Anyway, now i think i can help.

Story:

Its with these forums on acne dot org that i have understood that i had no real acne problem anymore. At first, i thought it was scars, and i tried anything i could to remove them (even trying to rub my skin so hard that it actually made the apperance worse. :confused: ), until i saw this forum, at the end of the list, hidden in its corner, talking about red marks. From then, i was convinced that it was my problem, and im no wrong.

Anyway, that was my little story.

One day, i was checking my sister's girl magazines (im a 17 (near 18) year old guy, and reading those so called "teen" girl magazines (that everyone know every 10 year old girl reads) was only for pure fun, and just to see what they were telling to my younger sister) Until i came across a product add by garnier for their new product.

This isnt the typical acne oriented product, i wouldnt have tried it if it was, because those products only made my acne worse. It helped my skin alot, and my red marks are nearly invisible now. It contains zinc, it makes pores look smaller, it have a small dose of salyctic acid, and it hydrate your skin too.

i tried to find a picture on the web of the product, but there was none. Anyway, its called Garnier Pure A, its in a a short green tube, and it comes packaged in a white and green boxe.

The result is stunning! I hope everyone will see a difference!

Ps: sorry for my english, im french. :shhh:

Hey man, so how long have you been using this product? Will it really help clear up my red marks? Where can I buy it? Thanks alot man for your help!

I've been using this thing for a week now, but i saw results soon after the first (!!) use.

Just after i aplied it, it seemed worse, but i decided to still wear it (because you dont wash it, it penetrates your skin), because i thought i had nothing to loose. about 20-30 minutes later, when i looked at my glasse, i was astonished to NOT see my red marks at first sight! Before, red marks where the first thing that poped into my eyes when i looked in a glasse,and i was surprised that i had to look more carefully to spot most of my red marks.

This cream is made, as they said in the add, to make imperfections of the skin invisible. Well, its not invisible, adds always exagerate to sell, but i can say that my skin improved by 75%, wich is something that all of us who have red mark would take with a smile. :)

I think i heard its because of the zinc in it, someone else also started a thread on how zinc helped him in this forum, but i havent read it completly.

Anyway, it cost me 12.99 $ CAN, and im sure you can find that in almost every drug store. It's a garnier product, mind you.

I use it every morning, after i wash my face. And im quite hapy with it. :) I cant tell you if it permently change your skin apearance, because im kinda new to it, but i guess it can help alot (mostly because it hydrate, and that there's zinc in it).

Hope it will help you like it did for me!

edit:

i found a picture of the product, hope it will help you find it at your favorite drug store! ;)

IPB Image

Best picture i've found, sadly, but i think it can still help.

edit2: And, no, i casse you might think this is an add or something, im not working for garnier in any way. :lol::lol:

Is it a moisturiser?

Is this it?

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....oductid=1035599

I think it is...

If so a bit about the product ...

Is Garnier PureA Daily Treatment moisturiser for me?

Yes if stress, hormonal fluctuations or pollution upset your skin and make it prone to imperfections, visible pores or blotches; if you have combination to oily skin.

How is it different?

It is a double action moisturiser:

The formula helps clear impurities day after day, without irritating the skin.

It hydrates the skin to leave it feeling soft and comfortable all day.

How does it work?

Its formula with salicylic acid and zinc, both renowned by dermatologists for their purifying and regulating properties, purifies imperfections and helps prevent them appearing. It's light, non-greasy texture is instantly absorbed to hydrate the skin, refine pores and even skin tone.

xentrikk, where you at girl? hmmm..... i might try this one. maybe you should too, LOL.

which one is cheaper, aloe vera gel or Garnier Pure A? I'm broke so every penny counts.

xentrikk, where you at girl? hmmm..... i might try this one. maybe you should too, LOL.

which one is cheaper, aloe vera gel or Garnier Pure A? I'm broke so every penny counts.

i dunno about the price, but personnally, aloes vera make my marks look worse. Im might be allergic to it, or something. This doesnt mean it will do the same for you, not at all, but its still something to consider. Before buying aloes vera, try it.

ooh that sounds good! i searched and i don't think it's available in the US yet sad.gif

Really? that surprises me, because laws on medical products are higher in canada than US, so we are the ones that get the products the last, for the most of the time. Try to get some help at your drug store, ask if the product is distributed in the US, because it really helped me, and i hope i can help as much members as i can, because i know how it feels when you think the first thing that people see are your red marks. :confused:

And yes, The product also mosturize, wich can also help the skin looking better.

Dammnit, it seems like im selling the damn product! :lol: Im just so happy that i want to spread the news.

:)

Btw, its also said that its an excellent base for makeup, for the girls (or even guys) that use some to hide acne.

If i can help only one member here with this thread, then i will be very happy. But i do hope i will help more for sure! :)

Really? that surprises me, because laws on medical products are higher in canada than US, so we are the ones that get the products the last, for the most of the time.

Garnier is a Canadian company. That's why it's available in Canada but not in the US.

im confused...does this just cover marks and hide them or does it actually fade them and heal them?

Really? that surprises me, because laws on medical products are higher in canada than US, so we are the ones that get the products the last, for the most of the time.

Garnier is a Canadian company. That's why it's available in Canada but not in the US.

Yes, I would have liked to have tried this, but seems like it won't be sold in the US anytime soon.

:razz: ok, I have a little story.

Today I went to buy this Garnier product because the guy who started this thread sounds so convincing. I was so excited (well not really) but I was expecting to find it because I always see in on TV commercials. So I went to shoppers drugmart and NO they don't have it there. I went to the 2ND shoppers drugmart and WTF?! STILL, NO GARNIER PURE A!. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was so mad. It was cold outside too so it was like a bad day for me. Then I was going to buy some food, and I passed by a flower shop. *teeheee* they're selling aloe vera plants, lol. I bought one, and now I'm happy. :D:razz:

:razz: ok, I have a little story.

Today I went to buy this Garnier product because the guy who started this thread sounds so convincing. I was so excited (well not really) but I was expecting to find it because I always see in on TV commercials. So I went to shoppers drugmart and NO they don't have it there. I went to the 2ND shoppers drugmart and WTF?! STILL, NO GARNIER PURE A!. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was so mad. It was cold outside too so it was like a bad day for me. Then I was going to buy some food, and I passed by a flower shop. *teeheee* they're selling aloe vera plants, lol. I bought one, and now I'm happy. :D:razz:

I want to try this new garnier pure a whatever it is...but im skeptical..nothing is working to fade my marks, i should just stop wasting money...plus someone said that it just hides the marks or something? i thought i read that somewhere in the original posters comments?

im confused...does this just cover marks and hide them or does it actually fade them and heal them?

It makes your skin looks better. Its no make up, or something that hide your skin, its a cream that helps your skin. And i have used it enough now to confirm that it indeed helped my red marks to fade, and heal. It improved drasticly. This and spring, im so damn happy! :lol: Im still surprised of its effectiveness.

I want to try this new garnier pure a whatever it is...but im skeptical..nothing is working to fade my marks, i should just stop wasting money...plus someone said that it just hides the marks or something? i thought i read that somewhere in the original posters comments?

Man, i know what you mean, i was in the same boat as you. I guess WE are\were ALL in the same boat as you.

You try and try things. You search for forums on the web, you try to ask things, and hope to have a good answer. You read things that looks a bit weird, and you dont know if its the right or wrong thing to do. Will it improve my skin, or make it worse? At the end nothing works, and you used so many things on your face that it look worse than how it was at first. But, im telling you, and i have nothing to gain other than happyness for helping others who had the same troubles as me, that this cream helped my skin alot.

This cream isnt rough, its made to help skin look better, not to destroy your gene and oil makers deep into your skin.

I find it really funny, because 1 week ago i was the one being skeptical at everything, but still wanting answers, and now its my turn, but i guess its just how it works, and im glad to be here. ;)

Not it's not. It's a French company (owned by L'Oreal), and you can buy those products all over Europe. And btw, there are two versions - day and night.

lol!!! Thanks for the mention ;D

This is the exact product I was asking about a little while ago, but no one seemed to have tried it!

I think that now I know it works for SOMEONE I'll be trying it out.

Does it help with active acne??

well i went out and bought the "Garnier PureA Night" one..its like a gel, im going to try and stay positive about it, i hope it works! its such a small tube tho, it sucks!

well i went out and bought the "Garnier PureA Night" one..its like a gel, im going to try and stay positive about it, i hope it works! its such a small tube tho, it sucks!

yeah, thats my only complaint about it, the tube is too small. But, oh well, its not like i had no job. :P

Havent tried the "Night" Version, just the "Day" One. I hope it works as good as the day one for you. ;)

I'd really like to have your comments about the "Night" one, i may go to my drugstore to get one if it helps too.

This is the exact product I was asking about a little while ago, but no one seemed to have tried it!

I think that now I know it works for SOMEONE I'll be trying it out.

Does it help with active acne??

I dunno, all i can say is that it makes your red marks looks way better, so if you have some, go ahead, if its just acne, then maybe it wont help you as much. I dont really know, but its true that there's salicilic acid in there, so i dont know, its up to you.

Hmm, looks like they are selling it in Finland too :cool: But I'm very suspicious to any new products since I'm finally after many years at the point where I can say that I haven't gotten any breakouts in weeks... red marks do drive me crazy, but if adding something like this would bring active acne back it would crush my confidence :mad:

So are you guys using this with BP? It says in the website that it's moisturizer so have you people just replaced your moisturizer with this product?

Hey qwertytre, I live in Chicago, is there ANY way I can buyt this Garnier stuff? I CANNOT get rid of these terrible red marks............

Hmm, looks like they are selling it in Finland too :cool: But I'm very suspicious to any new products since I'm finally after many years at the point where I can say that I haven't gotten any breakouts in weeks... red marks do drive me crazy, but if adding something like this would bring active acne back it would crush my confidence :mad:

So are you guys using this with BP? It says in the website that it's moisturizer so have you people just replaced your moisturizer with this product?

i stoped using BP a long time ago. I dont know, it seems like when you try too much, it just make things worse. I think those products just desequilibrate your skin, you know. Then your skin respond, and it looks worse. So, for now, im only using this, baking soda, and sometimes tape (to exfoliate). What i can tell you that i have no breakout with this product so far, and that i have breakouts pretty easily.

All this thing done to me is building my confidence.

Aha!!! I picked it up today at SHOPPERS...

it's on sale for 9.99 CAD! (:

Great! Dont forget to post your thoughts on it after using it! :)

I do hope it will help you as much as it did for me. :)

Hey qwertytre, I live in Chicago, is there ANY way I can buyt this Garnier stuff? I CANNOT get rid of these terrible red marks............

I really cant tell man. I dont know where this product is sold and were it isnt, All i know is that its made by garnier, that i can have it in quebec\canada, and that it greatly improved my skin appearance. Try to go to your local drug store, and ask for it. In the worse case, you may want to order it from the web. I really cannot tell if its in sale where you live or not, sorry. :(

I used the gel last night for the first time...not too pleased. It burned like hell when I put it on, and felt really tight, when i woke up this morning my face was an angry red and i couldnt even stand to look in the mirror for one second. I think im just going to wash my face and use my sunscreen and thats it...because thats not irritating and everything else is. Life would be so much easier if when a pimple went away, it didnt leave you a nasty one year reminder! Sorry..had to vent for a second! All in all...I dont know if I want to even try to fade these anymore.

I used the gel last night for the first time...not too pleased. It burned like hell when I put it on, and felt really tight, when i woke up this morning my face was an angry red and i couldnt even stand to look in the mirror for one second. I think im just going to wash my face and use my sunscreen and thats it...because thats not irritating and everything else is. Life would be so much easier if when a pimple went away, it didnt leave you a nasty one year reminder! Sorry..had to vent for a second! All in all...I dont know if I want to even try to fade these anymore.

Maybe its because you still have actibe acne, or that you used the night version. I wont try this one then.

Im really sorry to hear that. I think if someone wants to try it, try the day version first, and be sure you have no active acne anymore, just red marks. Like i said, nothing really worked for me, until i try this. I do hope other people who bought it have positive comments to bring, because all i want is to help you guys.

I've used it for several days and I haven't seen a noticeable improvement...it also smells kind of funky like cucumbers O_O

Do you layer it on at all? Because right now I'm still using BP underneath this moisturizer...hmmm

I've used it for several days and I haven't seen a noticeable improvement...it also smells kind of funky like cucumbers O_O

Do you layer it on at all? Because right now I'm still using BP underneath this moisturizer...hmmm