Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Rebecca*

Liquid or Compact?

What do you think gives the best coverage, natural, look and doesnt make ur face look dry like u can see every crease in ur face ... Ive been usuing liquid foundationa for years (Revlon Colorstay) but lately ive reralized that i amkes me face look dry, not very natural looking and especially when i put powder over it .. it jsus lately has been looking awful and instead of smoothing my skin out it juss every little line like the ones in ur forehead stand out so much. So i ahve been thinking about using those Compact Foundations like covergirl .. but idk which one would be best. I need some Opinions and Pros/Cons. THANK YOU!!

What do you think gives the best coverage, natural, look and doesnt make ur face look dry like u can see every crease in ur face ... Ive been usuing liquid foundationa for years (Revlon Colorstay) but lately ive reralized that i amkes me face look dry, not very natural looking and especially when i put powder over it .. it jsus lately has been looking awful and instead of smoothing my skin out it juss every little line like the ones in ur forehead stand out so much. So i ahve been thinking about using those Compact Foundations like covergirl .. but idk which one would be best. I need some Opinions and Pros/Cons. THANK YOU!!

Truthfully. . .neither. I have tried all sorts of foundations and none of them have been that fantastic and none hold up perfectly all day. If I had to choose one it'd be almay's wake up call (not sure if they carry it since they started a new line). I ditched foundation and instead use a good concealer, my skin looks 10x better and I looove not worrying about if my makeup looks alright at the end of the day.

But, if you really can't leave the foundation alone I suggest mineral makeup.

You can buy samples from everydayminerals or pureluxe.

Everyday minerals let's you choose formula (glo or semi-matte) and three colors and you pay $5 shipping.

I am still using one of three samples they gave me, it's lasting a long time.

As for pureluxe I think it's only about $1 each sample and they have a great color selection.

Also, philosophy's supernatural airbrush canvas gets good reviews.

what concealer u use? and u put it all over ur face? i wouldnt juss put concealer onc ertian spots bc it prorobly wouldnt match 100% and l;ook blotchy right now i am juss using a powder .. i wan tto buy Sheer Cover but its too expensive cant afford it right now ... thats y iw as thinking of juss buying a compact

compact has worked better for me, i dont have to re-apply it ..

liquid doesnt last that much and my face looks oily =(

I used to use both the liquid foundation and the powder foundation and I have recently tried Physicians Formula Mineral Powder and absolutly love it. It covers my red spots and gives me a totally natural glow. It really looks like I have nothing on, which is the point - right?

Maybe you should try a different foundation. From what I've heard colorstay is quite drying. I'm not that familiar with drugstore foundations, the only one I've tried in years is maybelline pure and I definitely wouldn't recommend it. I've tried powder foundations and never liked them. The only compact foundation I've used is MAC studio tech and it was a bit too thick for me. Compact makeup does have good coverage but it's very thick. Personally, I prefer liquid.