Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cm1201

feels like a sunburn??

I just started the regimen using neutrogena cleanser, on-the-spot bp gel and moisturizer. After 2 days, my skin is puffy, hot, red, and kind of scaly. It really feels like a sunburn. Is this the bp hardening that Dan refers to or am I allergic?

Me too. If this is what it causes I think I'll have to stop using it. My face is peeling, red and sore, I've skipped uni today because I couldn't face going like this. I'm concerned! I'm using an Innoxa face wash (no actives, just gentle soap free wash), Benzac (Australian) and an Innoxa moisturiser for acne prone skin, again no actives, just herbals and non comedogenic ingredients... I've used a Night cream moisturiser the past 1.5 days to try and hydrate my skin more than my normal moisturiser, but nothing's worked and I'm miserable and stuck at home. At least I could put makeup over the acne!

**edited: I've just put some betamethasone (cortisone) cream on the most inflamed areas, to try to reduce the inflammatory response which the benzoyl peroxide obviously caused... I'll post back later to let you know if it worked**

for a week or so ur skin wil feel a little like sunburn or somethin similar.

its basically ur skin becoming used to BP and its effects.

My advice is skip a morning application for a day or too, then start again with smaller ammount of BP.

Its probably that your using too much BP too quickly.

for a week or so ur skin wil feel a little like sunburn or somethin similar.

its basically ur skin becoming used to BP and its effects.

My advice is skip a morning application for a day or too, then start again with smaller ammount of BP.

Its probably that your using too much BP too quickly.

Well, I started by only using the bp at night for two nights and only a very little bit because I didn't want this to happen, but then the next day, my skin felt like a sunburn. I quit using it for two nights now. Today is the third day and my skin is getting a little better. It's not as red and hot as it was and it is starting to soften back up.

My acne really isn't that bad, I just wanted to be perfectly clear all the time since I am 24 and have had mild acne for about 10 years now. Plus, I just moved from a place that had hard water to a place that has soft water and it feels like even that made a difference. I'm thinking that I will just spot treat my occasional problems.

I only had it on for 2 hours at a time - that's what the instructions on the BP package said. Apply, wash off after 2 hours, morning and evening. I think I might be allergic. My eyelids swelled up yesterday and I had to use cortisone on them. Now entering day 3 of not leaving the house. This is really terrible. I've missed 3 days of uni now because of this fucking* stuff, and my face is still as bad as on the first day when the peeling started, only now I'm breaking out through the flaking crusting skin.

* - sorry, but this is just ridiculous.

I only had it on for 2 hours at a time - that's what the instructions on the BP package said. Apply, wash off after 2 hours, morning and evening. I think I might be allergic. My eyelids swelled up yesterday and I had to use cortisone on them. Now entering day 3 of not leaving the house. This is really terrible. I've missed 3 days of uni now because of this fucking* stuff, and my face is still as bad as on the first day when the peeling started, only now I'm breaking out through the flaking crusting skin.

* - sorry, but this is just ridiculous.

dude it happened to me too it made me quit the regimen everytime i get to that stage I would not go more than 3 weeks with BP on because at some point during that 3 weeks my skin felt like shit it itches feel like a really bad sunburn. I started applying BP on my cheeks only now been 3 days and I only apply it at night with very little BP and my skin is a little irritated but not to the point where i would wanna rip it off like before damn i dont know why i would wanna try all these things on myself but it's a vicious cycle that i dont know when Im gonna be out off.

I'm just peeved that I was so vain. If I'd just left the acne then I'd be bumpy and hurty, but at least I was able to go to uni and not look like I've contracted some strange disease. I know how you're feeling about the vicious cycle though :)

I left the (2.5%) BP on for two hour sessions twice a day for 2.5 days and it burned my face to the extent where I went to the doctor, and didn't go to uni for most of last week. Can you imagine if I left it on for the time specified in the regimen? I'm understandably annoyed by your insinuation that I should have left the BP on all day as that's what it says online. Thanks for the concern.