Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
francesca

Is drinking milk bad for my acne?

I have acne from 10 years and sometimes people tell me I should try not to drink milk... are they right? I've read that milk is bad for acne beacuse it contains a lot of hormones... :confused:

I can't eat my breakfast without milk... I drink it every single day since the day I was born... please, tell me I can continue drink milk in the morning... :wall:

I have acne from 10 years and sometimes people tell me I should try not to drink milk... are they right? I've read that milk is bad for acne beacuse it contains a lot of hormones... :confused:

I can't eat my breakfast without milk... I drink it every single day since the day I was born... please, tell me I can continue drink milk in the morning... :wall:

The problem with milk, and dairy in general, is that it contains a lot of factors that you may be hypersensitive to like lactose, iodine, the proteins, hormones, etc. It's worth a shot eliminating it for a period of maybe a month or more to determine if it is a factor.

If you truly need milk, then buy rice milk (soy has its own share of problems some people experience). I find it tasrtes mush better anyway.

But, yes, dairy is implicated quite often because so many people are hypersensitive to its components.

The problem with milk, and dairy in general, is that it contains a lot of factors that you may be hypersensitive to like lactose, iodine, the proteins, hormones, etc. It's worth a shot eliminating it for a period of maybe a month or more to determine if it is a factor.

If you truly need milk, then buy rice milk (soy has its own share of problems some people experience). I find it tasrtes mush better anyway.

But, yes, dairy is implicated quite often because so many people are hypersensitive to its components.

Once I tried rice milk... it is liquid as milk, white as milk... but it is completely different: different taste and different nutritional facts... I tried it with coffee and it was horrible... :( what about soy milk??? maybe i'll give it a try...

I think I'll eliminate dairy for a month and see what happens, but it will be so hard...

however, with dairy I've never had any problem... any problem but acne of course :) but I think maybe I should have other problems (as allergic reactions) if I am hypersensitive to milk componetns... I'm wrong?

Once I tried rice milk... it is liquid as milk, white as milk... but it is completely different: different taste and different nutritional facts... I tried it with coffee and it was horrible... :( what about soy milk??? maybe i'll give it a try...

I think I'll eliminate dairy for a month and see what happens, but it will be so hard...

however, with dairy I've never had any problem... any problem but acne of course :) but I think maybe I should have other problems (as allergic reactions) if I am hypersensitive to milk componetns... I'm wrong?

hate to bare bad news, but there is a connection between flare ups and milk

Giving up milk and dairy products helped lessen my acne.

I drink soy and rice milk. I tried almond milk but, even if it is delicious, it seemed to make my acne worse. I'd like to try multigrain milk, oat milk, etc.

Rice and Almond milk are good, I think I prefer almond. I'd like to try oat milk too. I've been eating plenty of cultured dairy (kefir and yogurt) and haven't been breaking out due to it. I think milk will only break out certain individuals, just like all foods. So it's not a FACT that milk will worsen your acne, but it could be a factor.

I would suggest switching to cultured dairy though. Just research kefir, yogurt and raw milk. They contain probiotics (the good bacteria) that strengthens your immune system, helps your body make B-Vitamins and improves the health of your stomach and intestines (all of which can help your acne). They also contain lactase which breaks down lactose.

Rice, almond and oat milk on the other hand all really have no healthful benefits of their own, other then the fact that they are dairy alternatives. Soy is "healthy" but on closer research, it is pretty bad.

organic soy milk is amazing....

Not really. http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

Anyway, my opinion on milk is that raw milk from grass-fed cows or goats is amazing and most likely wouldn't worsen most people's acne. Pasteurized, homogenized milk from cows fed grains, soy protein, hormones, antibiotics, etc. (the milk most people drink) is very bad and can worsen acne in many people.

Since I can't get raw milk, the next best thing is pasteurized but organic goat's milk that I'm making into kefir.

ORGANIC MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

i used to be an avid 2% milk drinker..then i had my momma buy me some organic 2% and at first i didnt like the taste...but after like 2 more tries of it it grew on me and i won't go back to that old shit...

www.whynotmilk.com

observe your skin before and after you drink, and find out. dont eat or drink anything out of the ordinary when you do cuz they might confound the "observation." youll have to try dis alot of times, or if u have already, in order to conclude something. like me, now i stay away from milk

so what about organic yogurt and kefir?

I think those two are good for ur digestive system.

Yep, they are fine (for me at least). Just make sure it's from non-homogenized milk. Homogenized milk isn't necessarily bad for acne, but it's bad for your health in general. Get goat's milk yogurt or kefir if you can... It's even easier to digest.

so what about organic yogurt and kefir?

I think those two are good for ur digestive system.

Yep, they are fine (for me at least). Just make sure it's from non-homogenized milk. Homogenized milk isn't necessarily bad for acne, but it's bad for your health in general. Get goat's milk yogurt or kefir if you can... It's even easier to digest.

Neither has broken me out. In the future I'm going to be eating my cereal with either yogurt or kefir instead of rice milk as in the past, it's more beneficial.