Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KatieMarie

Need help

Ok so I just got my acne under control, I only get a new pimple every once in awhile. But I have a lot of scarring, is the anything can do for it. My cheeks look like the texture of orange peels.

Katie,

If you are under 22 I recommend you just leave your skin alone and let it heal naturally on its own. Thing do get smoother over time if you are young and just recently cleared up your acne.

im 22 too..but do u think its ok to apply super copper peptides, emu oil and tca peels? or is that simply toomuch for my asian skin?

vicky,

What are your scars like and how old are they? TCA peels in low percentages don't do much for scarring and TCA peels in strengths that may help scarring can really lead to more damage and cause pigmentation issues for asian skin. TCA CROSS is probably the most effective treatment for asian skin if you have well defined scars like boxcars and icepicks. Emu oil is okay cause keeping your skin moist can help minimize new scarring and help heal any recent damage. The jury is still out for me on copper peptides as it seems most people say it takes 2 or more years to get even shallow scars out (which I typically think these might have healed on their own over this lengthy amount of time).

vicky,

What are your scars like and how old are they? TCA peels in low percentages don't do much for scarring and TCA peels in strengths that may help scarring can really lead to more damage and cause pigmentation issues for asian skin. TCA CROSS is probably the most effective treatment for asian skin if you have well defined scars like boxcars and icepicks. Emu oil is okay cause keeping your skin moist can help minimize new scarring and help heal any recent damage. The jury is still out for me on copper peptides as it seems most people say it takes 2 or more years to get even shallow scars out (which I typically think these might have healed on their own over this lengthy amount of time).

my scars are around 5 yrs old, various icepick and boxcars (in my gallery). i did TCA peel of about 30-35% for my first time, 9 days ago and don't notice much of a difference unfortunately, like u said. u recommend TCA cross? i hope it wont lead to worse scarring or allow me to be cooped up in the house longer haha. i still have a vial of TCA 50% sitting here...should i use that for cross? thank you for your advice.

vicky,

I am no pro by any means on CROSS and I can't advocate doing it yourself. I do think that if you decide to try it make sure you understand the procedure completely. You should definitely test one scar first and the absolute best way to do this is to find two scars next to each other that are identical (I think this is critical for any actual before and after comparison) and CROSS only one of them. Of course the one you cross will look worse for a while with scabbin and redness but after two months it should look better than the untreated scar. If it doesn't look better I wouldn't continue. 50% should be enough strength to perform CROSS.