Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrew*

Minocycline -- how long did it take to work?

I was wondering whether to resurrect an old thread, but...

People who have been on minocycline, how long did you take it for before you could tell it was making a difference?

(I've been taking it for 4 weeks and as of the past couple of days my acne is worse than when I started :().

Thanks

Mino never worked for me. I was on it for eight weeks, and my face got much worse. I'm on Doxy now, and I can't really tell if it's doing anything. I blame the current status of my face 100% on Retin-A (for better or worse).

Even if Mino takes a while to work, I don't believe your face should get worse in the meantime. You should probably call your dermo.

What's your dosage? I believe that makes all the difference in the world. I've only been on 100 mgs, which is why I haven't seen results.

Well, I'm on 100mg, and I was told that's the highest dose recommended in the UK so I'm screwed if it's too low :(. I hope what you're on now works out.

Awww, sorry to discourage, friend. We're in this together.

Maybe ask your doctor to switch you to Doxy? It's a little stronger, I hear. And, so far, it hasn't made my face worse like Mino did. But I've only been on it for a week now.

If Mino is the first thing you're trying, this will probably be a long process of trial and error for you. It has been for me already. I'm doing everything I can short of Accutane, which I refuse to ever take. But if you're a guy, at least you can hope for Accutane.

im also on mino for 3 weeks...i havent had much new pimples...are you making sure

-no dairy (milk, chocolate, cheese) within 2 hours of taking your pills?

-keep taking it on a cycle so your body gets used to it?

Minocin didn't/isn't working for me...ive been on it for 2.5 months, and my skin is worse than when i started on the stuff

I decided to pack it in today..and im going to a derm next week to hopefully get accutane

If it's clearly making no difference after a while - i cant see the point of staying on it