Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why do people always blame God for everything that goes wrong? Leave the man alone. Free will people, freewill. It's not the body that counts, it's the soul.

Totally! We live in a fallen world, with sin. so people get cancer, people get killed, and people get acne. It doesnt mean at all that God loves us any less or favors those with clear skin over us. although i admit i did used to look at my beautiful skinned christian friends and wonder why God didnt give me skin like theirs :)

From my own personal experience, God likes to rub his power in my face. Damn powerful son of a bitch.

seriously,ive asked myself this question alot :

WHY GOD WHY DO I HAVE ACNE?

i prayed every night.sometimes it gets worse but sometimes its alot better.i dont know.i think i just have to keep believing in him. :cry:

I'm jewish and I've got acne... acne is one of those things that oversteps all religious boundaries.

all I know is that just because I have acne doesn't make me doubt that there is a God.. that'd be pretty pathetic if it did...

But I do believe in God.. and this last Saturday night.. I was filled with the Holy Spirit.. I was prayed over by these three ladies all at once.. and all of the sudden my legs became weak.. I feel I might have fallen over if it wasn't for all those ladies holding on to me.. my arms starting tingling.. I felt a shaking from the inside (although no one could see it on the outside) and then all the sudden sobbing came from the pit of my gut.. it was and odd type of sobbing.. no tears involved but more of a gasping for breath.. a release... I have never sobbed like that before..I wasn't even thinking about what they were praying about.. I wasn't doing anything but worrying that nothing was going to happen and they were going to think I was spiritually shallow or something.. and my spirit sobbed.. it was really weird.. because it showed me how my soul and my body and mind are different.. my soul was doing something and my body and mind was just being taken a long for a ride.. I was so suprised to have this coming out of me! I was like what?! was that just me?! and I couldn't have stopped if I wanted to.. and then I was handed over to this other lady and we hugged, spirit and normal sobbed, and laughed together for about 15 minutes.. There was an odd type of warmth on my chest.. I felt God's love for the first time in my life.. because they through the power of God removed all the pain I had been opressed with even all the way back since my childhood.. They prayed it out of me.. and I was released from it.. that's why my spirit was sobbing.. I had been so opressed for so long.. and I knew I was.. I just didn't know how to get rid of it.. but God got rid of it for me.. all that unforgiveness, hurt, pain, lies of satan I had believed which made me think I was no good.. everything was removed from me.. later that night I tried to look back at all thsoe hurtful memories.. and I no longer was emotionally attached to them!!! It was like they were part of my past.. but I was no longer suffering from them! GOD GAVE ME FORGIVENESS.. because I couldn't do it on my own.. It was amazing.. I had never felt so wonderful.. the ladies were so nice to me.. especially one.. she held my face and wiped away my tears and eyemakeup with her thumbs.. telling me how much God loved me.. and how I was going to witness and make a huge difference in the lives of many youths.. I couldn't help but sob.. it was so beautiful.. for the first time in my life I felt like I had importance and that someone loved me.. There is no way I could doubt Him now.. and that is why I believe.. because I know it is real... and just because I have had to endure somethings in my life.. will never take away from the truth I experienced.. I KNOW it was real.. and ever since I can't help but tell everyone I run into.. my legs remaind weak for like 15 minutes after the experience.. my fingers tingled all night.. I know it was him.. because I wasn't even thinking about anything.. and his power overcame me.. the best moment in my entire life.. No doubt about it

I later found out.. that I had such a difference in my appearance... that I didn't even look like the same person to a lot of people there.. and it caused them to sob.. because they could see that God changed me on the inside.. and set me free..

all I know is that just because I have acne doesn't make me doubt that there is a God.. that'd be pretty pathetic if it did...

But I do believe in God.. and this last Saturday night.. I was filled with the Holy Spirit.. I was prayed over by these three ladies all at once.. and all of the sudden my legs became weak.. my arms starting tingling.. I felt a shaking from the inside (although no one could see it on the outside) and then all the sudden sobbing came from the pit of my gut.. it was and odd type of sobbing.. no tears involved but more of a gasping for breath.. a release... I have never sobbed like that before..I wasn't even thinking about what they were praying about.. I wasn't doing anything but worrying that nothing was going to happen and they were going to think I was spiritually shallow or something.. and my spirit sobbed.. it was really weird.. because it showed me how my soul and my body and mind are different.. my soul was doing something and my body and mind was just being taken a long for a ride.. I was so suprised to have this coming out of me! I was like what?! was that just me?! and I couldn't have stopped if I wanted to.. and then I was handed over to this other lady and we hugged, sobbed, and laughed together for about 15 minutes.. I felt God's love for the first time in my life.. because they through the power of God removed all the pain I had been opressed with since my childhood.. They prayed it out of me.. and I was released from it.. that's why my spirit was sobbing.. I had been so opressed for so long.. and I knew I was.. I just didn't know how to get rid of it.. but God got rid of it for me.. all that unforgiveness, hurt, pain, lies of satan I had believed which made me think I was no good.. everything was removed from me.. later that night I tried to look back at all thsoe hurtful memories.. and I no longer was emotionally attached to them!!! It was like they were part of my past.. but I was no longer suffering from them! It was amazing.. I had never felt so wonderful.. the ladies were so nice to me.. especially one.. she held my face and wiped away my tears and eyemakeup with her thumbs.. telling me how much God loved me.. and how I was going to witness and make a huge difference in the lives of many youths.. I couldn't help but sob.. it was so beautiful.. for the first time in my life I felt like I had importance and that someone loved me.. There is no way I could doubt Him now.. and that is why I believe.. because I know it is real... and jsut because I ahve had to endure somethings in ym life.. will never take away from the truth I experinced.. I KNOW it was real.. and ever since I can't help but tell everyone I run into.. my legs remaind weak for like 15 minutes afterwords.. my fingers tingled all night.. I know it was him.. because I wasn't even thinking about anything.. and his power overcame me.. the best moment in my entire life.. No doubt about it

powerfull story but I'm too much of a realist to believe much of it, if it did happen I'm glad for you, for me one of the only times I've cried in my young adult-adult life besides deaths of family and friends was visiting isreal and visiting the wailing wall, I think I cried half that day.

For anyone willing to take the time to read these articles, they offer a lot of insite.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Does-God-exist.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/innocent-suffer.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/God-require-faith.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/did-Jesus-exist.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-God-Word.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-errors.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/trials-tribulations.html

Unfortunately, I don't think any of these will be read lol.... people don't want to take the time. I thought I'd throw these out there anyway, just incase someone was interested. ;)

btw, jackie what suburb are you from? I'm from wheeling (NW 'burbs) but go to school at EIU in charleston

pain is an illusion it doesnt exist, its all man made. why do you hate acne because you possible feel less accepted from what others think. People like me dont care if someone doesnt like me because my acne.(im aware they are not at my understandment on this subject) If you wanna believe in this social critcism in looks and possesion then you believe in negative prompter.... you have been prompted to negativity(zit means you dont look like my clear face so im better then you. may come to mind) come on evolve.

btw, jackie what suburb are you from? I'm from wheeling (NW 'burbs) but go to school at EIU in charleston

I'm in Plainfield :angel:

pain is an illusion it doesnt exist, its all man made. why do you hate acne because you possible feel less accepted from what others think. People like me dont care if someone doesnt like me because my acne.(im aware they are not at my understandment on this subject) If you wanna believe in this social critcism in looks and possesion then you believe in negative prompter.... you have been prompted to negativity(zit means you dont look like my clear face so im better then you. may come to mind) come on evolve.

hmmmmph there's too much theological thought here to completely comprehend at this time of morning but it sounds good.

But I do believe in God.. and this last Saturday night.. I was filled with the Holy Spirit.. I was prayed over by these three ladies all at once.. and all of the sudden my legs became weak.. my arms starting tingling.. I felt a shaking from the inside (although no one could see it on the outside) and then all the sudden sobbing came from the pit of my gut.. it was and odd type of sobbing.. no tears involved but more of a gasping for breath.. a release... I have never sobbed like that before..I wasn't even thinking about what they were praying about.. I wasn't doing anything but worrying that nothing was going to happen and they were going to think I was spiritually shallow or something.. and my spirit sobbed.. it was really weird.. because it showed me how my soul and my body and mind are different.. my soul was doing something and my body and mind was just being taken a long for a ride.. I was so suprised to have this coming out of me! I was like what?! was that just me?! and I couldn't have stopped if I wanted to.. and then I was handed over to this other lady and we hugged, sobbed, and laughed together for about 15 minutes.. I felt God's love for the first time in my life.. because they through the power of God removed all the pain I had been opressed with since my childhood.. They prayed it out of me.. and I was released from it.. that's why my spirit was sobbing.. I had been so opressed for so long.. and I knew I was.. I just didn't know how to get rid of it.. but God got rid of it for me.. all that unforgiveness, hurt, pain, lies of satan I had believed which made me think I was no good.. everything was removed from me.. later that night I tried to look back at all thsoe hurtful memories.. and I no longer was emotionally attached to them!!! It was like they were part of my past.. but I was no longer suffering from them! It was amazing.. I had never felt so wonderful.. the ladies were so nice to me.. especially one.. she held my face and wiped away my tears and eyemakeup with her thumbs.. telling me how much God loved me.. and how I was going to witness and make a huge difference in the lives of many youths.. I couldn't help but sob.. it was so beautiful.. for the first time in my life I felt like I had importance and that someone loved me.. There is no way I could doubt Him now.. and that is why I believe.. because I know it is real... and jsut because I ahve had to endure somethings in ym life.. will never take away from the truth I experinced.. I KNOW it was real.. and ever since I can't help but tell everyone I run into.. my legs remaind weak for like 15 minutes afterwords.. my fingers tingled all night.. I know it was him.. because I wasn't even thinking about anything.. and his power overcame me.. the best moment in my entire life.. No doubt about it

powerfull story but I'm too much of a realist to believe much of it, if it did happen I'm glad for you, for me one of the only times I've cried in my young adult-adult life besides deaths of family and friends was visiting isreal and visiting the wailing wall, I think I cried half that day.

It did happen to me.. so thank you... I wish I had a video tape of it all so I could spread it with more people.... I have shared it with everyone since.. with all my friends.. even random people in stores.. I can't help but share what God did inside of me.. the funny thing is I started out doubting the whole thing.. I was like yeah right.. this will never work on me.. because there's just something wrong with me.. I never get moved in the spirit like the people around me do.. BOY DID HE PROVE ME WRONG lol.. It just shows me how much power he has..

We've been programmed since birth on what is beautiful and what's not. On what's socially acceptable and what's not. Our culture is one of vanity and self before anything. Very sad indeed. While it is inevitable that the media/society will affect us, we certainly shouldn't let it run our lives.

Why do people always have to bad-mouth religion as soon as its mentioned? So you don't believe in it, that's fine. But don't mock other people's beliefs.

I agree.

I just ignore them. It's just a waste of time arguing.

Please lose the persecution complex. I wasn't bad-mouthing religion. I have no problem with independent-minded and intelligent people of faith. I just wanted to understand how anyone could claim that God has given me acne because of the sins of humankind. So, if you could help me...

He's not saying God is punishing us for what we eat, but rather we are punishing ourselves for not eating what was naturally put here on Earth.

The premise behind this actually has some scientific merit; acne is a disease of civilization. A simple Google search pulls up lots of reading on this theory:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...6&dopt=Abstract

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/a...act/138/12/1584

I remember seeing a film on indigenous South American and African cultures, none of the people had acne. None of these people had access to antibiotics, topicals, artificial flavours and sweeteners. Even 'good' foods like apples have tons of human made chemicals in them (http://www.drgreene.com/21_1703.html). And exactly how many animals, including apes, do you see with acne? Our bodies are like complex chemistry sets, and when we put un-natural chemicals into them, they have to balance themselves out. Perhaps a side product of this is acne, and genetics plays a role as to what severity.

Just my .02

I agree with what your saying, to an extent. I have friends with perfect skin, THEY EAT CRAP! just look around you? there are millions of people with flawless skin eating/drink/smoking whatever they want. I have done every kind of anti-chemical acne diet and the results are less than impressive. There is really some kind of genitic factor, I have studied it relentlessly.

I am a Christian. I have been through the entire "why me God? Why me?" thought cycle. I have begged, prayed, cryed, and screamed. I have been through every thought process possible in regards to God and Acne. Mind you, these are just thoughts I have had, they do not allways reflect my true beliefs (im sure many have had similar thoughts).

1.) God gave me Acne to keep me out of sexual trouble? I have ventured down this school of thought before, lets take a look. First off lets look at what Acne or any other cosmetic affliction does. It turns people off and this is not just in reference to sexual attraction. We conciously and subconciously see people with acne and other people as "damaged goods". We see it as illness, something is wrong, there is an internal sense in us that is alarmed and causes us to see them differently. Its something instinctual (not a darwin reference) its just hard wired into human beings. We are attracted to healthy looking people, Acne does not look very healthy and turns many people away (even though it shouldnt) or should it?

Be honest with yourself, I allways am, even if it dosnt sound right or good. Would you rather have a bf/gf that has acne or has clear skin? (please spare me and everyone else from the "Its whats on the inside..." Thats absoultely correct, but its not the purpose of this post, step aside from it and answer to yourself honestly) People with acne are less likely to have sexual encounters, because frankly it turns many people away. People with acne are also typically physcologically afraid to engange with others because of thier extreeme self conciousness. Religion aside, have you ever felt like your acne has stopped you from being intimately involved? Just answer honestly here. I talk with God about this stuff and im not embarressed, im not saying I believe that God gave me (or allowed to have) acne to stop me from fooling around sexualy. All I am saying is that I have explored the thought. For the record, I have found my way into plently of trouble with it, I COULD be in so much more.

2.) Acne as punishment? Once again, let me start with saying that I dont believe that God really does this, I have simply explored the thought. Have you ever thought that this was payback for devient behavior? Well I really thought this for a while. So I I litteraly abstained from anything that could be considered sin. Not for a month, not for 6 months but for years. Im not saying I was perfect or walked on water, but I radically changed. If Ance was punishment, then if I ceased behavior worthly of punishment, Acne would cease as well. It didnt work. I changed because I loved God, but it didnt stop the acne.

3.) Why me? This is common and most previlant. I have gone up and down this one a million times. I am here to tell you, I dont know. There really seems to be no ryhme or reason to it. Saved, unsaved, no answer out there for this one. Its an endless cyclical thought train that I try to avoid.

4.) Acne as a teaching tool? I wont deny that Acne has certainly made/taught me a more compassionate human being. However, the other things it has made me far outweigh the compassion aspects. There are plenty of bleeding hearts with out a spot on thier face. While it may have made me more compassionate, it has also made me extreemly self consious, depressed, angry, jealous etc. I know that maybee thats my own fault, I should just ignore it and focus on other things. Tell me how easy that is? In my most formative years as a teenager I have been subjected to a form of torture. We cant help (christian or not) have certain reactions to things. I hate to call them normal, but for lack of better term. I think the physco effects of Acne can really destroy people. I look at what it has done in my own life and its scary. Christian or not it can ingrain all kinds of things into your head for years. We all know what are attitudes should be " Its whats on the inside that counts, I dont need to be jealous of people with clear skin, I dont need to be depressed because God loves me etc." But what about the midnight hour? Why are we all on this board?

5.) If your in control then why? Can we all stand in agreement that God is the creator of all things and is supreeme and can basically do whatever he wants? Could God heal us? I believe he can. If you believe he can and your willing, then you have certainly thought why hasnt he? I know God cant operate against our will, but can I get an AMEN from everyone whos WILL IT IS TO BE HEALED, but hasnt. I have faith and it has brought AMAZING things into my life, MIRACLES. I have applied this same faith to being healed and it has never worked. Who is in control? Satan is the prince of the physical world, but dont we believe that God is greater? This is where I run short of being able to explain things to the unsaved world.

So these are just some thoughts, I have had many more, but I summarized it for the board. . I really do Love God and I think hes a good guy even if I dont understand everything. I have a really good foundation, but we have thoughts and feelings as a christian from time to time in regards to acne. I just thought that I would share mine.

God gives you what he thinks you can handle

lol. Well He must overestimate the coping capacities of everyone he lumbers with terminal cancer.

I am a Christian. I have been through the entire "why me God? Why me?" thought cycle. I have begged, prayed, cryed, and screamed. I have been through every thought process possible in regards to God and Acne. Mind you, these are just thoughts I have had, they do not allways reflect my true beliefs (im sure many have had similar thoughts).

1.) God gave me Acne to keep me out of sexual trouble? I have ventured down this school of thought before, lets take a look. First off lets look at what Acne or any other cosmetic affliction does. It turns people off and this is not just in reference to sexual attraction. We conciously and subconciously see people with acne and other people as "damaged goods". We see it as illness, something is wrong, there is an internal sense in us that is alarmed and causes us to see them differently. Its something instinctual (not a darwin reference) its just hard wired into human beings. We are attracted to healthy looking people, Acne does not look very healthy and turns many people away (even though it shouldnt) or should it?

Be honest with yourself, I allways am, even if it dosnt sound right or good. Would you rather have a bf/gf that has acne or has clear skin? (please spare me and everyone else from the "Its whats on the inside..." Thats absoultely correct, but its not the purpose of this post, step aside from it and answer to yourself honestly) People with acne are less likely to have sexual encounters, because frankly it turns many people away. People with acne are also typically physcologically afraid to engange with others because of thier extreeme self conciousness. Religion aside, have you ever felt like your acne has stopped you from being intimately involved? Just answer honestly here. I talk with God about this stuff and im not embarressed, im not saying I believe that God gave me (or allowed to have) acne to stop me from fooling around sexualy. All I am saying is that I have explored the thought. For the record, I have found my way into plently of trouble with it, I COULD be in so much more.

2.) Acne as punishment? Once again, let me start with saying that I dont believe that God really does this, I have simply explored the thought. Have you ever thought that this was payback for devient behavior? Well I really thought this for a while. So I I litteraly abstained from anything that could be considered sin. Not for a month, not for 6 months but for years. Im not saying I was perfect or walked on water, but I radically changed. If Ance was punishment, then if I ceased behavior worthly of punishment, Acne would cease as well. It didnt work. I changed because I loved God, but it didnt stop the acne.

3.) Why me? This is common and most previlant. I have gone up and down this one a million times. I am here to tell you, I dont know. There really seems to be no ryhme or reason to it. Saved, unsaved, no answer out there for this one. Its an endless cyclical thought train that I try to avoid.

4.) Acne as a teaching tool? I wont deny that Acne has certainly made/taught me a more compassionate human being. However, the other things it has made me far outweigh the compassion aspects. There are plenty of bleeding hearts with out a spot on thier face. While it may have made me more compassionate, it has also made me extreemly self consious, depressed, angry, jealous etc. I know that maybee thats my own fault, I should just ignore it and focus on other things. Tell me how easy that is? In my most formative years as a teenager I have been subjected to a form of torture. We cant help (christian or not) have certain reactions to things. I hate to call them normal, but for lack of better term. I think the physco effects of Acne can really destroy people. I look at what it has done in my own life and its scary. Christian or not it can ingrain all kinds of things into your head for years. We all know what are attitudes should be " Its whats on the inside that counts, I dont need to be jealous of people with clear skin, I dont need to be depressed because God loves me etc." But what about the midnight hour? Why are we all on this board?

5.) If your in control then why? Can we all stand in agreement that God is the creator of all things and is supreeme and can basically do whatever he wants? Could God heal us? I believe he can. If you believe he can and your willing, then you have certainly thought why hasnt he? I know God cant operate against our will, but can I get an AMEN from everyone whos WILL IT IS TO BE HEALED, but hasnt. I have faith and it has brought AMAZING things into my life, MIRACLES. I have applied this same faith to being healed and it has never worked. Who is in control? Satan is the prince of the physical world, but dont we believe that God is greater? This is where I run short of being able to explain things to the unsaved world.

So these are just some thoughts, I have had many more, but I summarized it for the board. . I really do Love God and I think hes a good guy even if I dont understand everything. I have a really good foundation, but we have thoughts and feelings as a christian from time to time in regards to acne. I just thought that I would share mine.

:dance::clap::pray::angel::D

Guest funky_monkey

I don't .

i'm sure people with disabilties would find that sort of stuff upsetting

One more thing to add, imho I don't think God sees our outside appearances, He probably sees us as a spirit you know what I mean. And though acne can damage you physically, emotionally and even spiritually...... make sense out of nonsense. I hope someone figures what I'm saying. I been through the whole crying, screaming at God phase, telling him he couldn't exists ( u know the rest if he did....) , how much he sucks and I don't care what He did to me yaddi yadda, I know lame. I end up apologizing after it's all said and done. I'm sure he understands that I'm angry and don't mean what I say. I really hate feeling that way but sometimes I get so so angry at everything. Anyway I really feel so much better after, like I just understand everything I don't know how. It's a nice feeling. :D I don't know how much more of my ranting he can take though I can't remember the last time I ranted. My worst fear is God turning his back on me. I think there's a sin that's unforgiveable somewhere in the Bible. I would much rather have never being born than to have that happen. :ninja:

Just wondering if there are any chrisitans out there? Do you ever wonder? why GOD why do i have Acne? When i see all of these other beautiful non-christians living a horrible life not in your name W/ A CLEAR FACE?? does it ever bother you??

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Are you saying that just because someone is not Christian they are living a horrible life? Its people like you that give Christians a bad rap. You dont have to be a Christian to be a good person. What about all the other religions or the Atheists who are great people? It bothers me that Christians feel like they are high and mighty and look down on all others or try to claim they are bad people because they dont follow Jesus and God. I'm a Catholic but would never look down upon someone if they were not. That makes you more of a bad person.

I sometimes think "why me god?" but I know that wont help anything, we just want someone or something to blame and God is the easiest one (if you believe).