Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering if there are any chrisitans out there? Do you ever wonder? why GOD why do i have Acne? When i see all of these other beautiful non-christians living a horrible life not in your name W/ A CLEAR FACE?? does it ever bother you??

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

'why do I born without arms and legs'

'why am I born deaf and blind'

'why do I born in places where I can't even feed myself'

Seriously, if there is a god, he won't give a damn about you. Get over it.

Why do people always blame God for every single thing? While the only time you recognize Him is when your life is good. Do you even say thanks for His blessings that He's giving you? Other people are born with MENTAL / PHYSICAL problems, and here you are with acne. True, acne can put you down but at least there's something you can do about it. Unlike schizophrenia, down syndrome, etc.

why don't you pray for a minute and thank God for the food, shelter, material things that you have, instead of blaming Him?

each person has their own struggles and i think acne is mine. so even though you think those people with clear skin are happy about themselves? they have their own problems. it may not be skin problem, but something else. Nothing is perfect and No one is perfect.

Why do people always blame God for every single thing? While the only time you recognize Him is when your life is good. Do you even say thanks for His blessings that He's giving you? Other people are born with MENTAL / PHYSICAL problems, and here you are with acne. True, acne can put you down but at least there's something you can do about it. Unlike schizophrenia, down syndrome, etc.

why don't you pray for a minute and thank God for the food, shelter, material things that you have, instead of blaming Him?

each person has their own struggles and i think acne is mine. so even though you think those people with clear skin are happy about themselves? they have their own problems. it may not be skin problem, but something else. Nothing is perfect and No one is perfect.

im catholic and i asked that question many times but when i was driving to school today thinking what would i do with my life if i dont have acne and darn it i did not come up with anything. I cant blame my laziness on acne but seriously if some how miraculously that my acne clear up over night i doubt i would be more productive with my life. i do thank God everyday i wakeup and i think acne is just something i have to over come to be a better person.

Yes, I must remember to thank "God" for giving me a painful, ugly pockmarked face. And, yes, thank you God for making somebody somewhere worse off than me -- I get such great pleasure from other people's misfortune. Bullshit. If you're happy and normal you can afford to spout the holier than thou crap about how blessed you are to be alive in His beautiful world. Frankly, all I would thank God for would be a quick and pain-free exit from it.

I'm a Christian. I don't think "Why, God?" because I think in a way acne is our own fault.

I know some people will disagree with this, but I believe that acne is a result of our horrible diet/lifestyles. I'm not saying that you could start eating healthy now and your acne would clear up (so don't use that "but I eat healthy and still have acne" argument), but if you had a perfect diet/lifestyle the day you were born, I think there's a good chance you wouldn't get acne. I could be wrong about this... Maybe some people would still get it. But I think it at least would not be as widespread and there wouldn't be such severe cases of it.

God gave us all kinds of healthy foods to eat and humans messed it up -- pasteurizing and homogenizing milk, feeding animals hormones and things they're not supposed to eat, using pesticides, hydrogenating oils, etc. etc....... These things have repercussions. For some people, this means acne; for others... well, there's all kinds of diseases, illnesses that other people get...

I say this because I'm improved my acne a great deal by changing my diet (eating the way God intended us to eat) and doing cleanses (bowel and liver cleansing).

Guest ilovepancakes

hmm, If you want to learn more about christianity

read Mere Christianity by CS Lewis, youll get alot from it.

also you can not blame or thank God (in my opinion)

for every little bad or good thing that happens. Things happen on their own.

God does not allow us to suffer, babies to starve, murders because of a divine plan, its

all free will.

One point I want to make.

Only two of the following can be true,

-God can exist

-God can be all powerful

-God can be all loving

I believe that God is not all powerful, or at least does not use his powers,

because he does not interfere with our lives

-this is why terrible things can happen as a result of free will

But this does not mean God is happy that bad things happen, or wants

them to happen to us. He gave free will as a sign of love

THis is just my understanding, but i hope it helps

:ninja:

I'm a Christian. I don't think "Why, God?" because I think in a way acne is our own fault.

I know some people will disagree with this, but I believe that acne is a result of our horrible diet/lifestyles. I'm not saying that you could start eating healthy now and your acne would clear up (so don't use that "but I eat healthy and still have acne" argument), but if you had a perfect diet/lifestyle the day you were born, I think there's a good chance you wouldn't get acne. I could be wrong about this... Maybe some people would still get it. But I think it at least would not be as widespread and there wouldn't be such severe cases of it.

God gave us all kinds of healthy foods to eat and humans messed it up -- pasteurizing and homogenizing milk, feeding animals hormones and things they're not supposed to eat, using pesticides, hydrogenating oils, etc. etc....... These things have repercussions. For some people, this means acne; for others... well, there's all kinds of diseases, illnesses that other people get...

I say this because I'm improved my acne a great deal by changing my diet (eating the way God intended us to eat) and doing cleanses (bowel and liver cleansing).

No, you're right. It's a mixture of evil capitalism and karma. I should have thought of that -- between me and Monsanto, it's all my fault. I'm being punished for my sins. Whereas all the clear-skinned people out there (rapists, murders, scroungers among them) are being rewarded for living virtuous lives... oh, and for eating their greens.

I cannot stand this simple, swivel-eyed crap.

No, you're right. It's a mixture of evil capitalism and karma. I should have thought of that -- between me and Monsanto, it's all my fault. I'm being punished for my sins. Whereas all the clear-skinned people out there (rapists, murders, scroungers among them) are being rewarded for living virtuous lives... oh, and for eating their greens.

I cannot stand this simple, swivel-eyed crap.

Doesn't karma imply that the person who does "evil" will receive "evil"? I didn't say that. I didn't say that we all deserve acne for things we've personally done/not done. I don't believe in karma at all. Humans in general screwed things up, and that's at least partly why we all have so many health problems/disorders -- acne being just one of them. Some people just aren't prone to acne; that doesn't mean they ate/eat healthier or anything. A lot of clear-skinned people have or will have their own things to deal with.

Doesn't karma imply that the person who does "evil" will receive "evil"? I didn't say that. I didn't say that we all deserve acne for things we've personally done/not done. I don't believe in karma at all. Humans in general screwed things up, and that's at least partly why we all have so many health problems/disorders -- acne being just one of them. Some people just aren't prone to acne; that doesn't mean they ate/eat healthier or anything. A lot of clear-skinned people have or will have their own things to deal with.

Wow, so I'm suffering for everyone else's sins. Call me Jesus. Maybe I should write down some dull and implausible stories about my life and simple folk can start spreading the word.

Wow, so I'm suffering for everyone else's sins. Call me Jesus. Maybe I should write down some dull and implausible stories about my life and simple folk can start spreading the word.

Why do people always have to bad-mouth religion as soon as its mentioned? So you don't believe in it, that's fine. But don't mock other people's beliefs.

Why do people always have to bad-mouth religion as soon as its mentioned? So you don't believe in it, that's fine. But don't mock other people's beliefs.

God used acne in my life and if affected me profoundly. My face was covered in acne and I had severely oily skin for the last 14 years. Yeah, I suffered. I hated every minute of it. I hated waking up every morning, only to expect at least 45 minutes with my concealer stick just so I could step outside of my house (without it there was no chance.) I hated never going swimming with my friends or to the beach or playing sports since I was afriad my makeup would run off from sweating. I hated when people said why do you wear all that makeup and teased me while they looked like they never had a zit in their life.

Now that my acne is gone I'm very thankful for what it did for me. There were plenty of things that I never realized I gained as a result of acne until after it disappeared. This may sound crazy to some but acne was like a personality changing blanket that covered my face. I learned to have so much empathy for people in whatever they're going through-whether it's people with acne, disfigurement, missing limbs, whatever. Having acne made me realize that there is absolutely nothing to be gained by making fun of someone's appearance, regardless of the circumstance.

I know how bad it hurts when people single us out because of our skin. Having acne may separate you from your peers for a while, in terms of confidence or the way you view yourself, but you learn to be self-reliant. (some of you reading this are rolling your eyes saying 'big whoop') The kids with perfect skin and a million friends aren't always the winners in life, although it seems like that sometimes. They aren't generally the ones with their noses in a book. If they don't wake up one day and realize that the most important thing in life is the way we treat one another they they're going to have a wretched and pain-filled future-much worse than yours.

Developing empathy for your fellow human beings is such a divine trait and it'one that people generally do not develop unless they're suffering and understand what it means to be treated badly based on something they can't help. Sometimes I believe God chose me to suffer so that it would make me a much better person therefore he can use me for his purpose.

Another benefit is that I look younger than 25-people think I'm around 19 to 21 based on the years I stayed out of the sun due to acne. That may pay off even more down the road when other people are getting skin cancer but I don't. I think the majority of our sun damage is done before we're 18 anyways. :cool:

I agree.

I just ignore them. It's just a waste of time arguing.

Please lose the persecution complex. I wasn't bad-mouthing religion. I have no problem with independent-minded and intelligent people of faith. I just wanted to understand how anyone could claim that God has given me acne because of the sins of humankind. So, if you could help me...

Now that my acne is gone I'm very thankful for what it did for me.

I second this. Well, my acne is not gone entirely, but still... I am definitely different (in a good way) than I would have been had I had clear skin all my life.

I just wanted to understand how anyone could claim that God has given me acne because of the sins of humankind. So, if you could help me...

I thought I explained myself pretty clearly...

Now that my acne is gone I'm very thankful for what it did for me.

I second this. Well, my acne is not gone entirely, but still... I am definitely different (in a good way) than I would have been had I had clear skin all my life.

I just wanted to understand how anyone could claim that God has given me acne because of the sins of humankind. So, if you could help me...

I thought I explained myself pretty clearly...

Ok, I understand now. I won't blame God for my acne. But if I ever find a drug that cures it, I'll be sure to thank Him.

I'm not really a religious person, so I don't "blame God" for my acne.

I also don't believe acne has made me a better person, though it hasn't really made me a worse person. I do not feel at all that if I had grown up clear skinned I would have had no sympathy for others or would have been some horrible person who likes to make fun of people, etc.... I've known plenty of clear skinned people who are very pretty and are also good people who treat others with respect.

I don't see acne as a blessing in my life. I used to see it as a curse, but I don't really see it that way either anymore. I see it now as merely something I dislike about myself and wish to be rid of. Nothing more, nothing less. And that's all it really is.

pfft, when I post a thread like this it gets closed. :dry:

:comfort:

Not because of your comments- just because of how people responded. :angel:

I agree.

I just ignore them. It's just a waste of time arguing.

Please lose the persecution complex. I wasn't bad-mouthing religion. I have no problem with independent-minded and intelligent people of faith. I just wanted to understand how anyone could claim that God has given me acne because of the sins of humankind. So, if you could help me...

He's not saying God is punishing us for what we eat, but rather we are punishing ourselves for not eating what was naturally put here on Earth.

The premise behind this actually has some scientific merit; acne is a disease of civilization. A simple Google search pulls up lots of reading on this theory:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...6&dopt=Abstract

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/a...act/138/12/1584

I remember seeing a film on indigenous South American and African cultures, none of the people had acne. None of these people had access to antibiotics, topicals, artificial flavours and sweeteners. Even 'good' foods like apples have tons of human made chemicals in them (http://www.drgreene.com/21_1703.html). And exactly how many animals, including apes, do you see with acne? Our bodies are like complex chemistry sets, and when we put un-natural chemicals into them, they have to balance themselves out. Perhaps a side product of this is acne, and genetics plays a role as to what severity.

Just my .02

Why do people always blame God for everything that goes wrong? Leave the man alone. Free will people, freewill. It's not the body that counts, it's the soul.