Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VeggieHead17

another jojoba question, lol

ive been using jojoba oil for a few days now. in the spots where im putting it, my face is still flaky. it's actualy more flaky in the spots that i use it, than the spots that i don't.

im putting it on before BP, and it does seem to make my face look oily. even after many hours of the day, i touch my face and it's all greasy from the oil.

is this normal, and how long does it usually take to start to moisturize and get rid of my dry skin.

thanks

Mine started to moisturize right away but you still have to exfoliate to get the dry skin, flakiness to go away. Also, make sure your face is slightly damp/wet when you apply it and it will penetrate better and you will not have so much oiliness.

what do you mean by exfoliate.

and i am putting it on when damp/wet. should i leave on for a few minutes, then kinda wipe away the extra thats just sitting on my face. im not doing this...just wondering.

Guest Gentle~Rain

what do you mean by exfoliate.

and i am putting it on when damp/wet. should i leave on for a few minutes, then kinda wipe away the extra thats just sitting on my face. im not doing this...just wondering.

That's how I do it...I wash , splash to rinse, add around 6 drops of jojoba oil to my face- rub it gentley around and then I pat dry. Then I use my BP and if I'm really dry in areas I will put more oil on those areas. So far so good for me. I use a washcloth to wash with so flakies are not a problem for me.....I know it's not part of the regimen but for me it works :D

have you tried an aha moisturizer? that works wonders for getting rid of flakes. i know it made a world of difference for me.

The way i exfoliate is a get a toothbrush, lather up my face and lightly brush my skin, which removes the dead flaky skin cells.

Using an AHA moisturiser would help a lot.

What products are you using (Soap, BP cream/gel,moisturiser), as i really dont think bp would make your skin oily, unless you had very oily skin at the start and you jus notice it more now.

Effects of moisturiser are usually nearly instant, it could be time to use an AHA moisturiser as i said earlier.

not sure if i can use AHA. isn't there lactic acid in it. if so, im vegan so that isn't an option.

im cleansing, jojoba oil, BP.

i think my face has been a little oily is because i haven't been mositurizing. i don't want to put a lotion moisutrizer on my face so i started using jojoba.

not sure if i can use AHA. isn't there lactic acid in it. if so, im vegan so that isn't an option.

im cleansing, jojoba oil, BP.

i think my face has been a little oily is because i haven't been mositurizing. i don't want to put a lotion moisutrizer on my face so i started using jojoba.

Wow! Vegan! Me too, with the exception of the BP (which I'm having major probs with so I'm thinking of dumping its animal-byproduct-and-tested-on-animals arse...)

Innoxa doesn't test on animals and doesn't use animal byproducts in its cosmetics. Their Young Solution moisturiser is non comedogenic and soaks up oil with some form of light powder. While it's not the most moisturising lotion I've ever used, maybe putting the jojoba on your damp face, drying it (like was previously suggested) and then moisturising with this will reduce the shine you've been having.

Are you using BP for your acne? Or something more compassionate? I did tea tree oil for ages, about as useful as just wishing that pimples won't appear. I'm really curious as to whether there are any effective vegan acne treatments. I'm not coping with the BP (and I'm ashamed to tell people why my face is red flaky and puffy, cos they look at me askance and say "I'm sure that's not vegan, have you given up, eat some cheese" *sigh*

I'm a vegetarian too. Have you tried Dan's Clear Skin Regimen Gel? It states on the tube that it contains no animal ingredients. And is not tested on animals.

I just bought a Alpha Hydroxy Moisturizer that doesn't contain animal ingredients. And no animal testing. It is Kiss my Face Peaches and Cream Moisturizer 8% Alpha Hydroxy for face and neck. You could order it on drugstore.com. It does have lactic acid but it says it is a mixed fruit extracts of lactic acid.

hmmm, im still very nervous about putting a lotion moisturizer on my face, thats why im trying to see if jojoba oil will work.

and yeah, dan's BP gel is vegan and not tested on animals. it has made my face clear. right now im cleasing with Jason's natural cleanser. it's only been about a week and a half, so im still hoping that it will not break me out.

I have been using the Eucerin Skin Renewal lotion for several days now. The flakies are gone! I LOVE Jojoba oil, and at this point cannot live without it...however, I agree, that even though I was super moisturized and soft with it, the flakiness did not disappear. I am now using the skin renewal lotion in the morning (since it has sunscreen), and the Jojoba oil at night...this is working perfect for me right now.

I'm a vegetarian too. Have you tried Dan's Clear Skin Regimen Gel? It states on the tube that it contains no animal ingredients. And is not tested on animals.

It costs too much to ship to Australia.

Has anyone determined whether the lactic acid in the Eucerin is animal dervived or otherwise? Any urea in the product?