Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lookatthisface

Does taking creatine result in acne problems?

Guest fatman_uk

Hmm... yeah, nice response.

I'd say like anythin it depends on the person... for 99.99% of people it don't seem to cause any kinda problem... but a few people i have seen postin on forums sayin it caused them acne problems... an for anyone it didnt affect, they jus ridiculed the person. Stupid kids.

Anyhow, when i first started with Creatine, i had extremely dry skin from it... i came off it for a couple of weeks, an started loading again, an had no problems.

So it may have been the Creatine, it may have not.

Point is, it's no good asking if things like certain foods, products an supplements can cause acne. The only way to find the answer for YOU, is for YOU to try it. There is no one answer, what's good for some sumtimes isnt good for another.

-Gaz

The 99.99% is way off. A lot of people experience acne on their back, neck, shoulders and chest when taking creatine. I would say between 10 and 15% of people experience abnormal breakouts on these areas when on a creatine cycle. I definitely experienced it; I had huge pimples on these areas after never having had them there before. And when I stopped taking it they disappeared never to return. Several other people I know that are on it have had the same problem.

No, creatine is not an outright GH like steroids (which definitely cause acne), but it does indirectly increase androgen levels like testosterone which leads to acne.

The 99.99% is way off. A lot of people experience acne on their back, neck, shoulders and chest when taking creatine. I would say between 10 and 15% of people experience abnormal breakouts on these areas when on a creatine cycle. I definitely experienced it; I had huge pimples on these areas after never having had them there before. And when I stopped taking it they disappeared never to return. Several other people I know that are on it have had the same problem.

No, creatine is not an outright GH like steroids (which definitely cause acne), but it does indirectly increase androgen levels like testosterone which leads to acne.

From what I know, anabolic steroids tend to shut down natural androgen production, which can actually cause an androgen deficiency.

That's completely contrary to what you said.

This is all bull.

There was a huge debate on this a while back.

Show some proof will 'ya?

Untill then, there is absolutly no reason to believe that create affects acne.

Guest fatman_uk

Well why don't either of you show proof for each side of the argument... including you Rev. :) Then we can know what to believe.

An i guess i got my 99.99% from the basis that no1 dares mention the link cause they get responses like the 2nd post.

-Gaz

I can tell you from first-hand experience (I've tried 3 cycles of creatine) and numerous experiences of friends who have tried it that it can lead to acne in some people.

I strongly recommend not using creatine anyway. There are lots of undesirable side effects (tired of waking up in the middle of the night with a bone-dry mouth yet?) in addition to acne, and possible health risks associated with it. And the benefits it offers really aren't anything special. Instead, beef up by working out in conjunction with a weight gainer that doesn't contain creatine (NOT WG 2200. 1850 is ok).

Guest fatman_uk

You should drink more... it's not hard compared to everything else to do with bodybuilding. O:)

-Gaz

Creatine definately gave me acne. And this wasnt a one time thing either. I used the stuff and broke out. I stopped and I cleared up. I wanted to see if it was really affecting my skin. I used it again a month later and broke out again. Never will I use the stuff again.

First off, creatine is nothing close to a steroid. All it is is 3 amino acids. 9if you eat 1 lb. of steak, you just conumsed 5 grams of creatine) It has no effect on androgen levels all it does is increases ATP production.

First off, creatine is nothing close to a steroid. All it is is 3 amino acids. 9if you eat 1 lb. of steak, you just conumsed 5 grams of creatine) It has no effect on androgen levels all it does is increases ATP production.

Despite that, I take back what I said.

I just went to my gym and talked about it with a few fellow trainees whom all experienced breakouts during their 4 week cycling periods.

NO, by all means it's not a steroid (that's off topic anyway), but if you have acne, stay away from Creatine.

You'd benefit a LOT more by just adding an extra workout per week.

Creatine's results are minimal.

Guest fatman_uk

Depends who you ask.

First time i tried it it was like a miracle supplement.

Then the second time it didnt do anything.

An now it's just good, not great, but worth taking.

An you can't really add an extra workout if you're sumone with a 5/6 day split... that'd be overtraining. O:)

-Gaz

Depends who you ask.

First time i tried it it was like a miracle supplement.

Then the second time it didnt do anything.

An now it's just good, not great, but worth taking.

An you can't really add an extra workout if you're sumone with a 5/6 day split... that'd be overtraining.  O:) 

-Gaz

Of course if you're seriously commited to your training then by all means go with creatine. I was just speaking for the folks that think they'll see miraculous results by slacking off in the gym and consuming truckloads of creatine just before their workout.

By the way, the reason it doesn't work sometimes is because of your blood sugar level.

Dr. Michael Colgan (a true revolution in sports nutrition), suggests dissolving creatine in a 50/50 mix of Grape Juice and GrapeFruit Juice.

The grape juice will provide the proper sugars needed to slightly boost insulin production and the GrapeFruit juice triggers acid-buffering enzymes in the pancreas that help prevent your stomach from destroying the creatine to enable optimum performance.

Remember, you need to take it in divided doses in the day. (I go with morning, pre workout, post workout and evening.) and you have to cycle it very carefully.

I'd fetch and scan some pages on creatine use (cycling instructions, etc.) from Michael Colgan's "All New Sports Nutrition Guide" if you'd like.

It's really as accurate as you can possibly get, you can't find this info on the net.

Guest fatman_uk

I'd be interested to see those pages mate.

I currently take mine with Grape Juice, but i'm also on the tablets at the moment coz the shop didnt have any powder. So i also got a tub of Cell-Tech (yeah, i know it's a rip) to make sure whatever i lose from the tablets is topped up.

I've never taken it in split doses, never heard about the grapefruit juice thing... only regualr grape juice.

An i've never cycled it... well, i've stopped takin it every 6 months in the past... but that was not really intentional... i either stopped training/didn't have time, had to focus on other life matters, or jus plain didnt have no cash, lol.

Of course if you're seriously commited to your training then by all means go with creatine. I was just speaking for the folks that think they'll see miraculous results by slacking off in the gym and consuming truckloads of creatine just before their workout.

www.bodybuilding.com has more detailed and more informative articles about creatine.

Taking it with a simple carbohydrate is a step in the right direction however, to maximize the delivery of it, a simple carbohydrate and protein should be consumed at the same time.

Studies have concluded that taking a drink with 50 grams of simple carbohydrates and 50 grams of protein powder to be more effective than 96 grams of simple carbohydrates.

www.bodybuilding.com    has more detailed and more informative articles about creatine.

Taking it with a simple carbohydrate is a step in the right direction however, to maximize the delivery of it, a simple carbohydrate and protein should be consumed at the same time.

Studies have concluded that taking a drink with 50 grams of simple carbohydrates and 50 grams of protein powder to be more effective than 96 grams of simple carbohydrates.

I sure as hell am not going to add protein powder into a juice mix.

Where did you get this from?

i wanne a honest answer, how many people here think creatine is worth taking from personal experience( dont suggest if u have never used it) ?

Personally I believe creatine doesn't cause acne. I have taken creatine for several years (on and off) whereas my twin brother (identical) hasn't. Not only am I about 6 lbs heavier than him, can bench an easy 25lbs more but he has worse acne than me. People who say C is bad are misinformed. All you need to do is drink alot of water I'm talking takin a piss every hour. If anything creatine should help rid acne. This coming from the research on Vitamin B5 where an increase in ATP allows for better fatty metabolism which could lead to a decrease in sebum production.

I've never seen any studies either way.

More likely reason people may break out when they take creatine is because they increase their calories at the same time. Any sudden increase in caloric intake means more testosterone in the body. More testosterone can mean more breakouts.

Creatine is present in muscle tissue only, not in the skin so far as I know.

-Dan