Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
megan_lisa08

It was great at first but now i need help

Hey guys i started using the BP since about Dec 2005 and from day 1 it was pretty much awesome. I mean i didnt have the initial break out or anything. It just cleared up my skin in about 1 month. And has helped my stayed cleared since. I do get a few small ones now and then but nothing major. But over the pass 2 weeks the acne is coming back. I problem area is chin, cheeks and nose and that is the only area where i use the BP. My chin started breaking out about 2 weeks ago followed by my cheeks then nose. ANyone else have same problem? ANyone give me any advice?

Thx in advance

Hey guys i started using the BP since about Dec 2005 and from day 1 it was pretty much awesome. I mean i didnt have the initial break out or anything. It just cleared up my skin in about 1 month. And has helped my stayed cleared since. I do get a few small ones now and then but nothing major. But over the pass 2 weeks the acne is coming back. I problem area is chin, cheeks and nose and that is the only area where i use the BP. My chin started breaking out about 2 weeks ago followed by my cheeks then nose. ANyone else have same problem? ANyone give me any advice?

Thx in advance

I had the same problem.....BP eventually quits working.....Neem and Jojoba work great, and they keep working, unlike BP.

hmmm, I've been on the Regimen for over a year now and it's still working great.

What products are you using, and how are you using them?

And how much bp are you putting on?

Maybe we can figure this out.

I've been using BP for about 4 years now and most of the time it worked very well except beginning of this school year I had to take like 4 months off to try and find alternatives because my face was getting real bad and i was sick of the bleaching effect but now that im back on and using AHA lotion its working better than ever and i cant wait to get my jojoba oil

Cleanser, Moisturizer,

Are you maybe rubbing the BP off during the day and you dont notice

Something has to be wrong, except BP

BP doesnt just 'stop' working.. its always active killing P. Acnes

...BP doesnt just 'stop' working.. its always active killing P. Acnes

Yep. In fact I did my own "mini" research after I discovered this regimen (because I was so skeptical about it) and I found out that :

1) The bacteria Propionibacterium acnes is an anaerobic organism, which means that it doesn't require oxygen to exist

2) The Benzoil Peroxid, in contact with organic matter, slowly frees oxygen due to its oxidizing action over sebaceous secretions. Hence, BP is an excellent bactericide over "saprofits" and other anaerobic organisms.

There's no way that an anaerobic bacteria could switch to aerobic at free will. :)

Your doing something different with your regimen... I think the person is rubbing harder then usually causing irratation causing more oil to be released causing more bacteria and more chances of getting zits... Make sure your doing the 10 secs or so and not rubbing hard.... Onlything i can think of is how you are appling the products... You have probable change that... or waiting time or something... Also you might want to add in a mask or something... good luck laters...

best bet is makesure ur BP is a Gel not a cream.

I switched to dans BP an noticed how easier it was to apply, thus i applied it gentler which causes less irritation.

2nd i also found that if u apply "too much" bp it obviously takes longer to massage in2 ur skin, maybe this is problem too.

The key is to reduce irritation!

Try Simply Washing gentler

Applying be sooooo gentle its almost annoying 4u

and moisturising super soft aswel.

do it for a week and lets see if your skin looks and feels better :pray:

...BP doesnt just 'stop' working.. its always active killing P. Acnes

Yep. In fact I did my own "mini" research after I discovered this regimen (because I was so skeptical about it) and I found out that :

1) The bacteria Propionibacterium acnes is an anaerobic organism, which means that it doesn't require oxygen to exist

2) The Benzoil Peroxid, in contact with organic matter, slowly frees oxygen due to its oxidizing action over sebaceous secretions. Hence, BP is an excellent bactericide over "saprofits" and other anaerobic organisms.

There's no way that an anaerobic bacteria could switch to aerobic at free will. :)

Maybe it's not really about that. Perhaps with daily use skin (for some people) gets used to it and it doesn't work as well. I have noticed that it happens to me with all acne products I use for on the spot treatment.