Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gogetter

Here We Go Again

Hi everybody. I am 28 years old and have been a member of this site for over a year now. I have been battling acne off and on for the past 15 years; I honestly thought by this point in my life I would be through with this crap. But for whatever reason I am still fighting an uphill battle with acne that consumes more and more of my time, money and emotions. Just two months ago I had just finished a three month course of vitamin B5 and was 100% clear. I thought that I had finally turned a corner in my life and my confidence was through the roof! I felt alive again and assumed that I had finally beaten acne once and for all. Like an idiot I stopped taking B5 and within a month my skin exploded into the hideous mess that it is right now! My acne came back with a vengence, it is worse than it has been in 10 years. I am back on B5 now but it has been four weeks and my acne is getting worse instead of better; I am getting really nervous now. I am going to stick to my guns and give B5 another few weeks; I know it takes time I just have to be patient. My goal is to be 100% clear by my 29th birthday which is in July. Wish me luck. :wall:

Sorry to hear about that, I never had luck with b5, glad it worked so well for you. Hopefully it will calm down for your b'day. I had hoped that I would turn a corner and be done with acne(I am 46) but still fighting it too. My 22nd anniversary is in two weeks April 7th and my hubby and I are going away for a long weekend and I hope to have my skin looking good. I don't have a problem with my face, maybe a little here and there, its just my neck that gets it. So I try to do all that I can, I even ran on to the thread about using masking tape at nite to fight them, tried it last nite and it seems to do ok, can't really tell if it will work, they said about a week for it to work, so guess I will stick it out for that long. Good luck and Happy Birthday early.

Tell me about it. I'm about to turn 27 at the end of this month and thought I'd be truly done with this crap already. Well, I guess for the moment, I'm clear. (I just finished 'tane a little over a month ago), but I'm sort of convinced that I'm living on borrowed time, you know?

Anyway, I hope your B5 regimen works. I might try that if my acne comes back in the future.

I take B5 aswell. I was on it a while ago, and my skin cleared up, so I thought that was it, that it was safe to come off it and I would be ok. BIG MISTAKE!!!! The acne came back worse than EVER, huge cysts all over my forehead and chin. I went back on the B5 and it took twice as long to kick in the second time around, but it eventually did, and the acne seems to be subsiding again. I hope it keeps on subsiding. So my advice to you is to stick with the B5 and have patience, it will do its job! :)