Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kei_fujo

jojoba taking over

ok, i have been using the jojoba the last few times i have washed and i can't seem to rub all my other stuff in. i wait 10 minutes and put my bp on and it takes forever. wait another 10 minutes to put my moisturizers on and it starts to clump up and won't rub in all the way. what is going on?

update.......

this morning i tried not waiting so long in between every step and it rubbed in much better. i also applied the jojoba with a cotton ball instead of my hands. i did get some burning with the bp though which is uncommon for me, but i figure if the jojoba was acting as a carrier and the bp was going deeper in my pores that could be why. any ideas would be great.

This works for me

Appyling about 6/7 drops of jojoba oil on my skin, letting it dry for about 5 minutes. Then appyling BP cream and rub it in till it is no more visible. It used to take about 3 minutes before i starting appyling jojoba, but now it takes about 6/7. Once that has dried after about 15 minutes, i apply normal moisturiser.

Jojoba acts as a carrier and takes it deeper into your pores for better absorbtion. I noticed when i used this for about 4 days my skin was a lot less dry.

ok, but i was just scratching my neck and along my jawline i felt something and sure enough, once again, it was like i had a crust of gunk on my skin. my face doesn't do it so much, but from my jawline down my neck i get this and if i rub my hand gently over it it start to roll off. i don't know what is causing this.

I'm having the exact same problem. At first Jojoba oil left my skin silky and soft but now my skin is pretty dry and nothing is absorbing into my skin. UGH this is so frusterating, almost 5 months on the reg and I still can't find a proper moisturizing regimen.

So immeadiately after you apply jojaba, wait like 2 minutes and put BP on so that it absorbs better while jojaba is still drying.. or wait till jojaba dries and then put BP on.

Just wondering, before I pick up a lil sample of Jojaba

I know you all are excited about trying something new like jojoba, but keep in mind the Regimen works best just as Dan has described it. It's worked for many many many many people just fine without any oils like jojoba.

I know it's frustrating trying to find something to moisturize with, but Dan specifically recommends an oil-free moisturizer. I know you guys already know this, but I just wanted to remind you all that there are no "success stories" of anyone using jojoba oil with the Regimen. And even though there are some short-term anecdotes recently, the longterm results still remain to be seen.

Brandy, hypothetically, if you did the regimen exactly as followed and continued to break out and/or experience extreme dryness, even after months of strict adherence, what would you do? There's no other option other than modify it or quit it altogether, that is, if we're to have any hope of less-than-hideous skin.

other than the jojoba i am following the regimen to a t. last night i added the jojoba to my cleanser and my skin felt awesome. the clogged pores i had are gone and the blackheads on my nose and cheek areas are almost gone. i'm happy with the stuff. but i won't be adding or changing anything else. i'm happy with it now.

Brandy, hypothetically, if you did the regimen exactly as followed and continued to break out and/or experience extreme dryness, even after months of strict adherence, what would you do? There's no other option other than modify it or quit it altogether, that is, if we're to have any hope of less-than-hideous skin.

I understand what you are saying Illy, and you are the exception here. But the reason I said what I did is because I am seeing alot of new people getting caught up in the Jojoba thing, without even having tried the Regimen the way Dan says to. I understand you are past the point of being a newbie though, and are trying to make some changes specifically for you.

But for those that are in the first 3 months, doing it strictly as Dan says to is the way to go. Then, after you've given it a good go, after 3 months if you need to make some changes, that's fine.

Ah okay, my mistake. Sorry if I'm a bit snappy, I, like many people, have a mood that changes with my skin condition. :(