Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natmu1

Shouldn't it be working by now...?

I have been using BP once a day for 2 weeks and 2 days and my skin is not showing any improvement.

I know it is still early days, but I have very mild acne so I thought my skin would be doing something by now!

I have what is best described as clogged pores. I have lots of clear bumps all over my face, especially on my cheeks and forehead (I say clear as they are not exactly white and are definately not red or black).

I thought that by now my skin would show signs of starting to unclog my pores, by my face becoming spottier etc, but nothing except a bit of dry skin!!!

Does anyone else have skin like I described?

me lol recently ive had a few papules tho, since starting the regimen in areas like my upper lip and nose ive had no new acne however my cheeks are pretty bad n theres still lumps of pus underneath them i can feel but just gotta stick with it, maybe u av moderate acne i think i do thats what i wasnt sure about n if uve got moderate its gonna take longer,

I will stick with it, I just thought that I would see some sort of change by now (apart from the dryness!)

I just want all this rubbish to come to the surface of my skin so that it can go away!

Hopefully I shall see some difference soon..... :(

Don't let this discourage you, but BP isn't the greatest at unclogging pores... I bet things will get better with time, but I've heard that SA is better at dealing with clogged pores. However, I would hate to be the reason why you stop Dan's regimen, because it's very helpful. Perhaps you can ask him about it?

if u dont have alot of big inflamed acne then i dont think BP is even necessary..u could prolly get clear with steaming/masking gentle cleansing and maybe an AHA lotion.

Well I have tried that sort of thing but nothing has worked!! I seem to have very stubborn pores that just do not want to be unblocked!!!!!

As everything else has failed, when I read about this I thought I would try it!

I shall carry on and see what happens...

I have exactly the same situation as you. Little, clear bumps on my cheeks and foreheads. I've been on the regimen for 3 months now and it hasn't helped me at all. I'm not saying the regimen isn't excellent, because it is and that's evident in all the members here who have cleared up using the regimen. It just isn't suitable for our type of acne.

Can anyone help me with what to do now to try and clear my skin, I'm a bit stuck for ideas. I live in the UK so it's harder for me to get the products, but if I can buy them online then I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Thank you very, very much :D

x Love Daisy x

Could this possibly be milla (sp!?), I don't know much about it but from a picture I saw on these boards once it sounds like it and I think it remember hearing that BP didn't help it? :)

I had bad blocked pores, and used AHA Glycolic peels(I started on 30% then 40% then 50%), they are excellent at unblocking pores, but I would recommend starting with about a 8% concentration in a toner or mosturiser first. I integrate it into the regime with no problems :D

BP helps more for clearing actual acne, that malla or whatever, is probably what you have. I have one .. actually two of those now. I'm trying to find a cure for it -- SA i hear works good for unclogged pores.

Also. I think that increasing your application to 2x a day would help speed things up a bit? And.. once again - miracles dont happen over night :]... Stick with it for 3-4 weeks and see how it goes..

Thanks for all the replies!

It isn't milia (though I thought it might have been at once point). Beauty therapists I have seen have said that it is clogged pores, and not milia.

I have read on BUPA's website (as well as others) that BP encourages your skin to shed the surface layer of dead skin, which is why when i read about this regime I thought I would give it a try.

I have tried SA and other things to get rid of these bumps, but they remain. So hopefully the BP will get rid of these layers of yucky skin and bring the bumps to the surface of my skin.

Possible?