Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It has been over two years since i have felt any form of physical contact, short of a punch or kick from old frineds. I never thought it would get to me, but the simple things like a pat on the shoulder, or a gentle corress, or any other form of loving contact really make a difference. I am not only painfully depressed over my face (which after being to three differenct doctors, and trying about 10 different types of meds has still not gotten any better) but i am now beginning to feel the true impact of lack of effection.

I have never had a girl friends and I am 20. The worst thing is, I can't even work up the courage to get one due to the fact that i have been rejected EVERY time i have ever tried, and my self-confidence is lower then low. As for family, i lived with my dad in highschool, and he was a great dad don't get me wrong, couldn't have asked for a better one, but he lacked effection. I now live with my mother, who is rather similar. She is the greatest women alive in my opinion, but there has never been that kind of effection between us.

Also I for some reason can't vocalize the word "love". even though i think i feel it towards my family only, i can't seem to say the words, it is far to unconforatable.

Well i could go on about my mental woes for a while longer but i have to goto work now, thanks for reading, have a great day.

I would very much want to hug you right now so...:comfort: this is all i can do instead. You be okay cause girl friends will come and go don't worry. You just focus on the better aspects of your life. :wub:

Guest ilovepancakes

I am sorry you feel that way. Taking pattie's lead

*HUG* hehe

I can only tell you what makes me feel better when im

deppressed so here goes:

-sports, i joined track team, those endorphins made me feel great, gave

me an outlet for my frustration with acne, among other things

-community service, helping others can give you a better self worth,

met some cool people

-if you have family youre close with talk with them, they all share alot

with you and give you some love

-spirituality, you dont have to be all religious but it helps me to just sit and chill, think

about deep stuff once in a while

hope it helped

I am sorry you feel that way. Taking pattie's lead

*HUG* hehe

I can only tell you what makes me feel better when im

deppressed so here goes:

-sports, i joined track team, those endorphins made me feel great, gave

me an outlet for my frustration with acne, among other things

-community service, helping others can give you a better self worth,

met some cool people

-if you have family youre close with talk with them, they all share alot

with you and give you some love

-spirituality, you dont have to be all religious but it helps me to just sit and chill, think

about deep stuff once in a while

hope it helped

What about pancakes? Don't pancakes make you feel better??? IPB Image

i know they always make me feel better :D

Drusilla: thank you kindly for you words, but it should be known that I really don't long for a girl friend, i am sure that will happen, i am just begining to feel the need for effection thats all.

ilovepancakes: thank you also for you kind words, I follow most of your suggestions when i can, or fel conforatable, and live as spiritually as I can, but somtime, as I am sure you know, it just gets a bit much.

And MasterPattie: believe it or not, on the way home from work tonight and I said to myself "man, I could really go for some pancakes, i really love pancakes" i thought, so that i what i am gonna do. I have this really good recipe for wicked awsome bannana pancakes.

Thank you all very much for your support.