Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natmu1

Putting BP on...

Hi all,

I recently watched Dan's videos on how to apply BP, and I was wondering if it was best to rub it in as he does?

I have been using PanOxl Aquagel for 2 weeks and I have just been lightly stroking it onto my skin, without rubbing it in.

Should I be rubbing it into my skin instead? Does that bring better results? :confused:

Guest PokaHotAz

gently rubbing it in ... making sure ur face absorbs it.. kinda like a gentle stroking massage to ur face... do this till its about dry...not completely dry else it could ball-up.

good luck, mate :)

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I should as the PanOxl I am using doesn't really feel like it would rub in easily... Has anyone else used PanOxl and been abel to rub it in efficiently?

Does it make a lot of difference if you rub it in? i.e. does your skin soak it up better and it therefore works better if you apply it this way?

Guest PokaHotAz

yes it makes a difference...u want ur skin to absorb it, not just sit on ur face ... also it makes it better for ur moisturizer to go smoothly n w/o problems as well

never used pan oxyl so im not sure of its viscosity... but many here use panoxyl so u should be fine... trial and error my friend... trial and error

when ur rubbing it in , let ur fingers guide u ... when too much rubbing is just TOO much then give it a break

Guest yahyah

firstly.; panoxyl is is a nasty BP.. its way too harsh and overdrying.. have you considering switching to Dan's BP? its ten times better than panoxyl and DUAC for that matter.

Secondly, well... I don't rub in the BP. I kinda smooth it onto my skin in strokes and leave it be.. it absorbs on its own cos after about 20 mins I go look in the mirror and i can see its absorbed and my skin looks normal. I've always done this in the regimen. I would have thought standing there trying to 'rub' it in, (unless you're fantastically patient and delicate) would just cause unnecesary irritation. But its up to you.

What I do now is to put it on my skin, without rubbing it in, and it feels almost like a have a thin mask on my skin... But I am not sure if the PanOxy will actually rub into my skin easily, I shall try it though!

Tried to find Oxy but never managed and Dan's is too expensive to be shipped to the UK so I think I shall stick with PanOxl. I am not finding it too drying at the moment. I did at first but now that I am using Jajoba oil my skin sin't too dry.

I gently smooth it on. Using outward strokes. I don't smear it around in circles.

And when it starts to lose it's "wet" feel, I let the rest soak in and dry on it's own. Then wait 10 mins. and apply Eucerin Skin Renewal, it works like a charm!