Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D@n

*****Stopping Accutane?*****

I am thinking of stopping Accutane because I am experiencing chest pain. Although I think it is really psychological because stress causes chest pain, I think I should get my chest checked.

Anyone having the same problem? Any input will be appreciated THANKS!!

I had chest pains the first month, they ended up going away. I still don't think that you shouldn't get it checked. But I think it might be a common thing, so don't jump to things.

You should always get chest pains checked out, but it's probably nothing serious. It seems to be a common complaint early in the course.

Yeah im probably gonna get an LDH done. (blood test for damages to vital organs like heart liver and lungs).

In Dec (2+ months after starting 'Tane) I was getting heaviness & pressure in my chest (NOT pain). I went into my GP who did testing (EKG & a treadmill Stress Test). All ended up being fine. All together, the discomfort of the chest pressure only lasted about 6-7 weeks and we don't know if it had anything to do with the Accutane (although I've never had that before in my life.) Currently, I have no symptoms and haven't really since that time.

I would definitely call your derm & maybe your GP to see what they say. Chest pain should never be ignored.

In Dec (2+ months after starting 'Tane) I was getting heaviness & pressure in my chest (NOT pain). I went into my GP who did testing (EKG & a treadmill Stress Test). All ended up being fine. All together, the discomfort of the chest pressure only lasted about 6-7 weeks and we don't know if it had anything to do with the Accutane (although I've never had that before in my life.) Currently, I have no symptoms and haven't really since that time.

I would definitely call your derm & maybe your GP to see what they say. Chest pain should never be ignored.

Thanks for replying. Hopefully its nothing.

Yeah, AmberLynn and BlackTaxi2d AND I all had chest pains in the first month. It's just a little tightness and discomfort. I wouldn't be hugely worried about it. If it is constant or keeps you from doing normal activities i would get it checked out. But as for the 3 of us, we didn't do anything about it and we are all alive and kicking!