Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrackIsWhack

jergens daily glow

i just bought that Jergen's mild self-tanner crap, because i miss tanning so much and am sick of being this pale!!! Anyone use any that look natural and don't cause breakouts? i hope this one doesn't, but it doesn't say "non-comedogenic" on it so who knows :confused:

There's nothing in it that screams comedogenicity and they go as far as to actually claim that's it's non-comedogenic. I actually think it'd a really neat product and it's a nice formula too. as far as moisturization goes, it won't kill Accutane dryness, or even the topical retinoid induced flakiness, but it's slightly hydrating on normal skin.

I think it wouldn't be a good idea to use a gradual self tanner while taking any kind of retinoid (retin-a, differin, tazorac, accutane, etc) because your skin cells will desquamate so rapidly that you may not see a tan develop at all after using it for a week.......In that case a regular self tanner containg a good slug of DHA (dihydroxyacetone) would give you a deeper (yet short lived) tan.....

I'm using the face and body kind from Jergens.. and I'm on Accutane.. It adds some nice color to my skin. I wouldnt consider it a tan but it looks good.. Im definately not fair skinned but I went and got the fair skinned kind just because I didnt want it turning out bad.. It hasnt caused any breakouts, but I am on Accutane so that could be the reason.

Well, I used it and it didn't break me out, however, it didn't develop much color either. I used both the Light and Medium versions (not at the same time, of course), and the only color I was able to get was a faint, yellow-orange tone from it. Plus, it takes like seven days to see any color whatsoever. Waste O' time, in my book.

I've tried Savage Bronze (available at Sally Beauty Supply or tanforless.com) and had good results. It gives a nice medium believable brown color on my extremely pale skin, but it kind of stinks, so I use it at night and wash it off in the mornings. It's a mousse, so it shouldn't be too emollient for acne-prone skin. I'm going to try out a new sunless tanner later this week (Jan Tana Fast Tan), so I'll let you know how that one turns out. This one supposedly gives super good color and doesn't smell as bad as most other STs. Hope they're right!!

I'm using the face and body kind from Jergens.. and I'm on Accutane.. It adds some nice color to my skin. I wouldnt consider it a tan but it looks good.. Im definately not fair skinned but I went and got the fair skinned kind just because I didnt want it turning out bad.. It hasnt caused any breakouts, but I am on Accutane so that could be the reason.

I tried using the natural glow face one. I used the fair skin one, but it never developed any color after about a week. I was using retin-a at the time, so I figured that my skin cells were shedding so fast that the tan never had a chance to fully develop....My flakes weren't as white though.....

thank u so much for all your feedback, everone! I've been doing it twice a day for 2 days now and just see maybe enough color to not look like a ghost...I'm not fair-skinned (italian) so i bought the medium...but i also wanted to say, i will try Savage Tan, sounds good. I have Fake Bake (yeah, really the name, lol!) and it's awesome for a deeper tan...works in 3 hours, very believable color on me, but sometimes i don't have the time to do that careful application, you know? ok, off to school! thanks guys!!!