Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carolla

NEED some advice

Hey Guys,

Im 24 and started getting acne about three years ago.I heard that adult acne is cause by imbalance in your hormones.What should I do if that the case.I recently move to a new city started a new job and I find it so hard to be myself,just to looks at people when you talk to them,socialize,to do everyday normal stuff.Do you guys find it hard?

I find whitehead,blackhead bearable but its when I get pimple under my skin,I think there call cysts,they last for weeks and take weeks to heal and they always appear on my cheeks.....any advice would help

Thank you so much

When i moved from colorado to kansas my acne became bad... I use to live in a small town of 20,000 people and moved to a city of 700,000 people... More polution and more crude in the air so if your skin not use to that it will break out... I tried not to let acne hold me back because you only live once so you must enjoy every second of it or it will ruin your life like some people in here... Dont let acne ruine your goals and ambitions because you wont be a happy person when you become older..

Try these vitamins

** Take vitamin A, 10,000 - 30,000 IU daily

Vitamin A reduces sebum production and keratin production (Caution: taking mega doses of Vitamin A can cause headaches, fatigue, muscle and joint pain and other side effects. Consult a qualified practitioner before taking mega supplements esp if ur pregnant)

** Take vitamin E, 400 IU daily

Vitamin E is an antioxidant that enhances healing and tissue repair. It prevents cell damage by inhibiting the oxidation of lipids (fats) and the formation of free radicals (Also aids absorption of Vitamin A)

** Take vitamin B6, 50-100 mg daily

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) aids in hormone metabolism. Involved in cellular reproduction. Deficiencies have been associated with acne.

** Take Selenium, 200-400 mcg

Selenium encourages tissue elasticity and is a powerful antioxidant.

** Take Chromium supplements, 150-200 mcg daily

Chromium helps boosts the body's ability to break down glucose. Chromium supplements have been shown by researchers to be effective in the treatment of acne. As a causal agent, high blood glucose levels have been linked to acne

** Take Zinc, 30-50 mg daily

Zinc aids in healing of the tissues and helps prevent scarring. It helps prevent acne by regulating the activity of the oil glands. Zinc promotes a healthy immune system and the healing of wounds. It is also an antioxidant which helps to fight and prevent the formation of free radicals. But for every 30mg zinc take 2mg copper. Zincs that have been found effective for acne sufferers: Zinc Gluconate (HealthAid) & Zinc Monomethionine (Opti-Zone)

Other supplements that might help as well:

* Vitamin C (with bioflavinoids) 3,000 - 5,000 mg daily, in divided doses. Promotes immune function and reduces inflammation. Use a buffered type.

* Vitamin D 400 IU daily. Promotes healing and tissue repair.

I get the ones deep beneath my skin too, and no matter what I do, they won't go away.....I get vstar done every couple months or so, but it still doesn't always take care of the ingrown ones.

Carolla--

I don't know if you're male or female, but I'm 23 and I just started getting acne for the first time in my life a few months ago. I suspected it was hormonal, so I went on Ortho Tri-Cyclen BCP. It made my breakouts worse, actually, though they were regulated to the last week of active pills. The breakouts grew in intensity every month.

I went to my gynocologist yesterday and she highly recommended Yasmin BCP for adult hormonal acne. Because Yasmin is monophasic, it keeps your hormones steady all month. She recommended that I skip the placebo week to keep my hormones even more consistent (and I have the added bonus of not having a period!). Yasmin also includes about 25 mg of spironolactone, an anti-androgen hormone that has been known to shrink oil glands.

I just started it yesterday, and I'm hopeful. However, if you're not a female, you should probably ignore this post!

Good luck! Adult acne sucks.

Thank you so much for the reply Springmore,I've tried so many different pills over the years,tri-cyclen then Diane, Alesse and change to tri-cyclen a month ago.

Im not getting any side effect so far but ill deffinatly keep Yasmin in mind,you should let me know how is works out for you.

Take care

I get the ones deep beneath my skin too, and no matter what I do, they won't go away.....I get vstar done every couple months or so, but it still doesn't always take care of the ingrown ones.