Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sayitloud

what finally worked for me

I figured it's time i finally post this. I wanted to wait long enough to make sure that this wasn't just some fluke and i was going to break out again..but now i feel confident that it is safe to post! i know alot of people couldn't do this ( Bp and Sa) but i guess my skin is weird like that. i just recently incorperated the neutrogena oil free acne wash (agained the advice of other members) but i'm sure glad i did! My skin is now totally clear ( just having to deal with those darn red marks)...it took me about a month after starting with the clean and clear bp cleanser to get clear, but i was almost always improving. I had a bad reaction to bp at first but stuck with it. even my friends can tell the difference and want to know what i'm doing! I'm so happy...i finally know what it's like to not be the girl with acne..you know. the one little kids make inadvertant remarks about, feeling like i'm sticking out like a sore thumb in the middle of all my pretty friends...My acne wasn't that severe. Pretty much Mild to moderate, fluctuating with hormones and stress and such, i know other people have it much worse, but it got pretty bad at points, believe me. and face face always always always had something going on. I wish so badly i had taken before and after pictures. but it's been over two months now and i'm still clear. and i am loving it! And on the rare instance that i do get a couple of pimples (usually along my hair line as i am sensitive to shampoos) they heal way faster than they ever have in the past. I don't even really need foundation or conceleor...unless i want to cover my red marks, but it's not nessesary. I am so thrilled to finally find something that's really cured me. :dance:

My regimen is in my sig, if you havent figured that out :)

If my success changes at all or i change any products in my regimen, i will update here.

That oil free face wash i thought was a worthless peice of shit product that just irratted the fuck out of my skin...Omg tell me about rash after rash and bumps and redmarks to hell... I love neutrogena but this products fucks up my skin and my friends tend to agree with me about it... IF you want to fade those marks faster try my set up with the cleanser and moisturizer...Im having alot of luck so far.... Better then laser or idots that burn or rubberband thier skin which can leave scars or make things worse.... AHA is great for those marks which each of the products has... Good luck man but i hate that oil free wash...

ya, as far as i can tell, you either love it or you hate it. i got pretty lucky. But i was also pretty much clear by the time i incorperated it into my regimen. I was mainly just expecting it to cut oil.

And actually, i was looking at trying that moisturizer you have there when my prc runs out. That or St.Ives renewal cream (AHA and BHA) which has gotten really good reviews on make up alley. thnx for the advice :)

I used to swear by Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. I used it for years but then I started experimenting with different products, and when I went back to it, it dried the hell out of my face. I can't use it anymore, but I used to love it.

*sigh* it pains me to write this..i hate being wrong. i think i used the neutrogena for ....about 2 weeks? It was fine for most of it, but at the end i started breaking out again. and, yes, getting irritated. And i knew that that shouldnt be happening, because when i incorperated it, i was clear. So, i've cut it out of my regemin, going back to clean and clear bp cream cleanser twice a day. and it's taken my pimples like 2 days to go back down. They're almost healed.

you can say i told you so :(

So a few of the products from my old regemin have run out and i've decided to some new ones.

I had a breakout from the neutrogena oil free acne wash, and stopping with the flax oil ( ran out. a pain to take. tastes gross. expensive). So i started using the famous "aspirin mask" I really love this! Once every couple of days really cleared up my current breakout..and now it's almost gone!

i also ran out of my pore refining cream (which had retinol and AHA) and wanted something new. I still wanted something with AHA, so i tried the alphahydrox brand 10% glycolic acid cream. ( it's meant for wrinkles!) Now this is fab stuff! It is also clearing me up nicely...my face is almost back to normal...only nicer and smoother! This is fading my red marks slowly but surely. It has also greatly reduced some bumps/enlarged pores i havehad on the bridge of my nose between my eyes for a REALLY long time. Like, as long as i can remember, nothing has helped. Salicylic acid, steams, mechanical exfoliation...so that in itself is wonderful!!

All in all it is looking like my skin is back on the right track, i am happy to report! :D

I have C&C cont control daily in my closet and it is 10%, has it changed or did they just start offering it in multiple strengths?

That stuff fucked me up something bad. It is comodegenic (has Petrolatum iirc) and highly irritating (moreso that leave-on 10%'s I've used).

I swear by topical application BP over washes.

I have C&C cont control daily in my closet and it is 10%, has it changed or did they just start offering it in multiple strengths?

That stuff fucked me up something bad. It is comodegenic (has Petrolatum iirc) and highly irritating (moreso that leave-on 10%'s I've used).

I swear by topical application BP over washes.

The only stuff i've ever seen sold is 5%, so mabye they changed the strength? And yeah..the first time i used it, it did something aweful to my face too. i mean like, painful, scaly, cracking dry skin. It was a nightmare. but after i recovered from it, the results were fantastic. now i swear by it!

*addition*

I got cuticura medicated anti-bacterial bar for blemish/acne prone skin from the easter bunny. It's medicated with 1.5% triclocarban. Apparently, it's from the same family as triclosan, but a google search didn't turn up any scary stories, so i'm giving it a go....

I don't want to give up my bp cleanser, so i've been using this before it. ( i know, i'm crazy)

So far, though, results have been ok. mind you it's only been two days.

I figure it this turns out ok ( and not to be too much for my face) bacteria won't stand a chance.

So far, my skin is looking really nice. possibly nicer, but that's probably in my mind...

I'll update on any changes.

i think the soap bar is possibly aggravating breakouts...which is very bad because i have grad pictures ( for real, last chance this time) on friday. and they're on weird places i don't usually break out, like my jaw line. :confused:

noooooo! i will keep using the bar on my bacne though..no visible progress ( backwards or not) there yet...