Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White

Persagel 10 causing pimple inflammation?

I have been spott treating with this stuff and it seems like it makes those big red pimples that dont come to a head more inflamed.

It seems to help dry out small whiteheads quickly but other types it just seems to inflame/make more red/angrier etc.

Any1 else experience this?

I have never had good luck with Persagel, always seemed to irritate my acne as well. Oxy10 has worked best for me over the years as far as otc products go.

Persagel is the worst BP I've ever tried. It never seems to absorb into the skin, and leaves a very streaky white residue, worse than any other. Never helped me.

This BP had completely cleared me up a year ago. I'm talking 100% no acne or red marks. My skin was in its best condition since my pre-acne years. I laid off of it for a few months and my acne came back! I just started using it again and it's working well! Note that I have naturally very oily skin.

u must have some tough skin...i used this all over my face very sparingly for 2 days in a row and on the 3rd day i had ultra dry skin..could barely move my mouth.

Do you apply this right after you wash your face? I tried doing it that way for a few days and I had major drying issues too, flakes around my mouth and all that. I usually use a toner after I wash my face to prep my skin for the BP and I don't get flakes or dryness. I agree that 10% is very strong but I've tried 2.5% for a few months and it didn't work as well for me. If I clear up 100% again I'm going to try and use less and less BP rather than cut it out completeley.

Hmm ive been thinking of getting a toner maybe..i was messin with the proactiv toner but i think its too harsh (with the glycolic in there) and just made my skin oily and break out.

Persa-Gel contains Laureth 4, which is a potential irritant and comedogenic ingredient, so yes, it's certainly possible that it could worsen your condition.