Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Celiac Disease

A lifelong autoimmune intestinal disorder, found in individuals who are genetically susceptible. Damage to the mucosal surface of the small intestine is caused by an immunologically toxic reaction to the ingestion of gluten and interferes with the absorption of nutrients. Celiac Disease (CD) is unique in that a specific food component, gluten, has been identified as the trigger. Gluten is the common name for the offending proteins in specific cereal grains that are harmful to persons with CD. These proteins are found in all forms of wheat (including durum, semolina, spelt, kamut, einkorn, and faro), and related grains, rye, barley, and triticale and must be eliminated.

it isnt bad.. some people just have troubles digesting it.. i eat whole wheat stuff every day and i have no problems with it.

If you have acne you might have a problem with it, even if you dont feel any "pain" after you eat gluten.

I do not feel discomfort from gluten when I eat it but it gives me acne and oily skin. For example sugar does not.

it isnt bad.. some people just have troubles digesting it.. i eat whole wheat stuff every day and i have no problems with it.

If you have acne you might have a problem with it, even if you dont feel any "pain" after you eat gluten.

I do not feel discomfort from gluten when I eat it but it gives me acne and oily skin. For example sugar does not.

what foods have gluten???

Primarily, wheat products. Most breads and breading (chicken nuggets, breaded fish etc.) will have gluten. Check the back of any product and there should be a line saying something like "Contain: Wheat, Dairy" and any other allergens.

Primarily, wheat products. Most breads and breading (chicken nuggets, breaded fish etc.) will have gluten. Check the back of any product and there should be a line saying something like "Contain: Wheat, Dairy" and any other allergens.

Would Ezekiel bread have it?

Would Ezekiel bread have it?

Ezekiel bread does contain gluten grains (wheat, barley, maybe spelt???), but sprouting grains (Ezekiel bread is usually sprouted) reduces the gluten content. Someone with Celiac Disease might not be able to tolerate it still, but you should be fine with it. It's waaaay healthier than normal bread.

Sprouting, soaking and genuine sourdough leavening "pre-digests" grains, allowing the nutrients to be more easily assimilated and metabolized. This is an age-old approach practiced in most traditional cultures. Sprouting begins germination, which increases the enzymatic activity in foods and inactivates substances called enzyme inhibitors.1 These enzyme inhibitors prevent the activation of the enzymes present in the food and, therefore, may hinder optimal digestion and absorption. Soaking neutralizes phytic acid, a component of plant fiber found in the bran and hulls of grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds that reduces mineral absorption.32 All of these benefits may explain why sprouted foods are less likely to produce allergic reactions in those who are sensitive.1

Sprouting also causes a beneficial modification of various nutritional elements. According to research undertaken at the University of Minnesota, sprouting increases the total nutrient density of a food. For example, sprouted whole wheat was found to have 28 percent more thiamine (B1), 315 percent more riboflavin (B2), 66 percent more niacin (B3), 65 percent more pantothenic acid (B5), 111 percent more biotin, 278 percent more folic acid, and 300 percent more vitamin C than non-sprouted whole wheat. This phenomenon is not restricted to wheat. All grains undergo this type of quantitative and qualitative transformation. These studies also confirmed a significant increase in enzymes, which means the nutrients are easier to digest and absorb.33

http://www.westonaprice.org/modernfood/whe...iscretions.html

Would Ezekiel bread fall under bad bread category then, since http://www.mercola.com/ Dr.Mercola doesn't approve of any grains. My body loves Carbs..love bread, can live of it, but apparantly , thats what causes acne. *sigh* even thought Ezekiel bread I get is ... 100% Organic.

Here are ingradients:

Organic Sprouted Wheat,

Organic Sprouted Barley,

Organic Sprouted Millet,

Organic Sprouted Lentils,

Organic Sprouted Soybeans,

Organic Sprouted Spelt,

Organic Honey,

Organic Molasses,

Organic Malted Barley,

Yeast,

Celtic Sea Salt.

Which ingrdients are bad? And which bread is 100% acne -safe? I just think Id rather eat bread than look good...I love it THAT much.

Thanks!

^ That bread is fine. I highly doubt it'll break you out. I think Mercola is crazy for saying all grains are bad. He even says not to eat quinoa -- which is really healthy and isn't even a true grain!

I want to stay away from almost all grains in general even if it is gluten free. My acne still loves it for some reason. I really want to eat oatmeal in the morning, but then a I get a few pimples, so it's just like ah, this suck.

^ That bread is fine. I highly doubt it'll break you out. I think Mercola is crazy for saying all grains are bad. He even says not to eat quinoa -- which is really healthy and isn't even a true grain!

He is crazy, knowing in America, bottom food pyramid has breads! I was just think about Quinoa, its so lite, you dont even feel it when you eat it. Like eating air.. :D

I want to stay away from almost all grains in general even if it is gluten free. My acne still loves it for some reason. I really want to eat oatmeal in the morning, but then a I get a few pimples, so it's just like ah, this suck.

This is gonna sound weird, but where can I buy Gluten-FREE ORGANIC oatmeal? I love oatmeal too... for the last 1 1/2 weeks, I ate only healthy food, drank lots of water, thought I dont get my rest, I did everything by plan, and took milk thistle and zinc, and yea skin looks better but my acne is still here. Maybe it IS the grains.. who knows.

LOL, that's because your "oatmeal" contains addedsugar! :razz:

Use 100% Whole Grain Rolled Oats ONLY. No added anything (unless you add the fruit or nuts yourself) and then let us know how you do.

Peace :angel:

Use 100% Whole Grain Rolled Oats ONLY. No added anything (unless you add the fruit or nuts yourself) and then let us know how you do.

Well, how about Uncle Sam? Or Quacker?

I haven't had the Uncle Sam oatmeal yet. Contains Whole Wheat Kernels, Whole Flaxseed, Freeze Dried Blueberries, Fezze Dried Raspberries, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Salt, Barley Malt, Niacin, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)

Sodium (130mg)

Sugars 2g

I NEVER use packaged oatmeal, I buy the one they sell by weight and add some unrefined sugar to it, and sea salt and some fruit. :wacko:

I NEVER use packaged oatmeal, I buy the one they sell by weight and add some unrefined sugar to it, and sea salt and some fruit. :wacko:

Does "Sugar" break you out? Cuz ANY added sugar be it refined, unrefined, organic or natural breaks myself and some other members out.

Does "Sugar" break you out? Cuz ANY added sugar be it refined, unrefined, organic or natural breaks myself and some other members out.

I dont know what breaks me out...?

Anyone want to answer my question really quick?

I haven't had the Uncle Sam oatmeal yet. Contains Whole Wheat Kernels, Whole Flaxseed, Freeze Dried Blueberries, Fezze Dried Raspberries, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Salt, Barley Malt, Niacin, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)

Sodium (130mg)

Sugars 2g

Anyone want to answer my question really quick?

Sodium (130mg)

Sugars 2g

If you're goal is to go Gluten Free, Uncle Sam's wont do because it contains Whole Wheat Kernals & Barely Malt.

Quaker Oats WILL work if you are getting the kind in the cardboard canister. Read the ingredients label and it shoud ONLY say: 100% whole grain rolled oats.

All the best!

Celiac Disease

A lifelong autoimmune intestinal disorder, found in individuals who are genetically susceptible. Damage to the mucosal surface of the small intestine is caused by an immunologically toxic reaction to the ingestion of gluten and interferes with the absorption of nutrients. Celiac Disease (CD) is unique in that a specific food component, gluten, has been identified as the trigger. Gluten is the common name for the offending proteins in specific cereal grains that are harmful to persons with CD. These proteins are found in all forms of wheat (including durum, semolina, spelt, kamut, einkorn, and faro), and related grains, rye, barley, and triticale and must be eliminated.

spelt grain is naturally high in fiber, and contain significantly more protein than wheat. Spelt is also higher in B complex vitamins, and both simple and complex carbohydrates. Another important benefit is that some gluten-sensitive people have been able to include spelt-based foods in their diets.

spelt grain is naturally high in fiber, and contain significantly more protein than wheat. Spelt is also higher in B complex vitamins, and both simple and complex carbohydrates. Another important benefit is that some gluten-sensitive people have been able to include spelt-based foods in their diets.

Spelt has gluten.