Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

Doctor said this should work

Just came in from the doctor.

He said it is a small infection, but he can feel the build up behind the small bump. He described it as a cyst with no head.

gave me a prescription for two things, one - Fucidin (use twice daily for a week or two), if no improvement then he said to use another prescription which is for Cloxacillin, said this makes the cell wall (skin) of the bacteria leaky and kills the bacteria from within. It is an oral pill.

He said these should work.

I hope so...been almost 5 weeks now.

I will keep you all posted on my progress. If this fails, then it's off to the derm for an injection which I would rather avoid.

Nothing wrong with them, I just heard that they can cause dents and I would rather use a cream or capsule then a needle. Nonetheless, if this doesn't work the doctor said he would be more then happy to refer me to a derm for an injection...which may be the solution in the end.

So these are more prescriptions used for cystic ance?...INteresting how all Dr. prescribe different things.

My Doc just gave me Tetracycline..

Let us know how they work out...Thanks.