Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone care to place any bets on when it'll arrive?

It's so nice to see that not only is Mad Cow Disease starting to surface in the United States, but now it's just a matter of time before we're hit with a virus that could mutate into the deadliest pandemic since the Spanish flu...

And we're worried about acne. :lol:

Guest Gentle~Rain
:think: I think I just heard a confirmed human case (death) in Egypt..... It's only a matter of time before it comes here, migratory birds will be headed home soon....when or how it will mutate is what we'll have to wait for.

Guest Gentle~Rain

Can vegetarians/vegas get it? If not, I'm converting :) he-he-he

When it mutates to air born :human to human....yes...it will spread like any other flu. :shock:

I guess if your immune system is good, then you have more chances. I just had chicken... :shock: if I get anything, I swear I will burn every Foster Farm!!

It has nothing to do with consuming chicken--cooking it kills the virus. The only people who have gotten it (as far as I know) are people who were in close contact with live chickens.

However, when and if it mutates...we're fucked. Or at least 50% of the people who get it are...it would probably be a good idea to stay in the house (stock up on food and shit) until they come up with a vaccine for it...and it takes months for it to be produced, so you could be in there a while. :wall:

I'll take a bet. My bet is it won't be jack shiat of a big deal. There will be a lot of hype, a few serious cases, some deaths, a lot of claimed lost revenue where none existed in the first place, and some vaccine commercials, THEN we forget about it. Or at least I will.

I'll take a bet. My bet is it won't be jack shiat of a big deal. There will be a lot of hype, a few serious cases, some deaths, a lot of claimed lost revenue where none existed in the first place, and some vaccine commercials, THEN we forget about it. Or at least I will.

Possibly...but if not now, when? We're going to have a huge pandemic one day...we're due for one. What's scary about this is the Spanish flu was only 5% fatal...this one is close to 60% (at least among the confirmed cases).

All of the normal drugs that are used to treat it, it has grown resistant to...Tamiflu has been shown to be useless, basically whiping out all hope of anything but a vaccine saving people.

With human stupidity and poor hygiene, who knows what might happen...maybe it'll mutate into an even MORE deadly strain (rather than less, as the optimists talk about) that kills 100% of the people it infects.

Hell, I guess it serves us right. Maybe it'll cure acne, though...

birdflu gives me the heebie jeebies. i don't like thinking about it. what can i do about it? petition for faster manufacturing of vaccines that may or may not work? i mean, shit.

birdflu gives me the heebie jeebies. i don't like thinking about it. what can i do about it? petition for faster manufacturing of vaccines that may or may not work? i mean, shit.

Stockpile food...of course, if they can't make an effective vaccine, we're totally fucked...only the ones who survive the symptoms will go on to reproduce (or until the strain mutates again or whatever and the others who have barricaded themselves in their home are safe to come out). But having about a year's supply of canned/frozen food is a good idea.

Also, buy some masks...that way you can go out in public and go shopping (and look like an idiot in the process, but you'll be an ALIVE idiot). Wash your hands a lot/wear gloves.

The main danger in cooking poultry is the preparation...make sure you wear gloves and wash your hands thoroughly and are careful when you're cleaning it, etc. Once it's cooked, it's perfectly safe, however (thank God). At least it's not indestructable like Mad Cow Disease.

What about eating raw eggs?

I'm not majorly worried about myself cos what's the point worrying about something that may never happen, i'm just really sad to think lots of people WILL be dying from it, if not in this country then certainly in Africa.

The only good thing i can see about this is that if the population were brought down it would stop us poluting and fucking up the planet so much, but it's too harsh to think of human deaths in that light.

What about eating raw eggs?

I'm not majorly worried about myself cos what's the point worrying about something that may never happen, i'm just really sad to think lots of people WILL be dying from it, if not in this country then certainly in Africa.

The only good thing i can see about this is that if the population were brought down it would stop us poluting and fucking up the planet so much, but it's too harsh to think of human deaths in that light.

Yeah, that's true, the U.S. will certainly be relatively mild when compared to 3rd world countries...there's such an unfair distribution of resources on the planet...it really is a shame. There's more than enough energy for everyone, but it's just that it's scarce in certain regions.

I know several people who work in hospitals in the U.S., and they say there are several cases of bird flu but they are being told to keep it under wraps.

That makes no sense at all......Our goverment is making this seem like its the death to all.....

keeping us in fear someones gaining out of it.....

if there was a case it would be on every single newspaper in the us

AHHHHH!!! WERE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!